Gran Turismo 7 Master Car List

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,745 comments
I know PD like to model everyday cars not suited for racing but a re-badged entry level Daihatsu MPV? Seems a bit far out even for them. It also looks insanely detailed, like a real photo. Even the specific shadows on the inside of the right front wheel, but I couldn't find any matches on reverse search. Probably just a photo the owner took.

Where is it supposed to have come from?

Last edited:

Well this is interesting, found on gran Turismo Facebook group, Fiat coupe’ confirmed for GT7? and a Toyota Avanza in super realistic photomode(scape?) note (GR) logo.

Incredible lighting/ray tracing showcased in scapes on PS5?

At the moment nothing but rumors but looks promising.
Can you see the tires' brand in the original photo? That could be an evidence if its real or "GT".

5CB27CA3D9AB4B408385.jpeg

7ED93F5BA485470D8802.jpeg

Well this is interesting, found on gran Turismo Facebook group, Fiat coupe’ confirmed for GT7? and a Toyota Avanza in super realistic photomode(scape?) note (GR) logo.

Where the hell did you find the image of the Avanza?

Last edited:
Seems a bit far out even for them.
It really isn't, this wouldn't be first time they added something like this. GT4 had the Renault Avantime and Honda Odyssey.

With that said, I don't think that car is officially a GT7 addition.

Last edited:
5CB27CA3D9AB4B408385.jpeg

7ED93F5BA485470D8802.jpeg

I think it's from real life. The tyres are a little dirty and there is also an air freshener inside the car.

Last edited:
Late reply but I found those images on a pretty active Gran Turismo Facebook group.

the mpv did indeed turn out to be a photo taken by its owner, with an added GR logo.

the Fiat coupe’ seems to be real, after further investigation and some deleted posts

This seems like the sort of place to dump this.

As a side note, a friend of a friend had his Jaguar XJR-15 road car scanned by them way back in 2019. That car alone might be able to swing me around to a PS5 for this game :)

Attachments

• F7FB0896-AAA1-4DF9-90F1-49862B781A65.jpeg
    F7FB0896-AAA1-4DF9-90F1-49862B781A65.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 202

As a side note, a friend of a friend had his Jaguar XJR-15 road car scanned by them way back in 2019. That car alone might be able to swing me around to a PS5 for this game :)

Is this screenshot yours? If so, could you please post here the other two pictures? Because I see there are 3 pics on this particular Instagram post. I won't do this myself just because this account is private.

Is this screenshot yours? If so, could you please post here the other two pictures? Because I see there are 3 pics on this particular Instagram post. I won't do this myself just because this account is private.

Sure, but it’s just a couple more photos of the car being loaded up.

Attachments

• 42C91642-7D1D-4DC6-8C20-E50A3A57FFC4.jpeg
    42C91642-7D1D-4DC6-8C20-E50A3A57FFC4.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 162
  • 4AEE7BA6-C62A-406C-A008-9BEA52BF24AF.jpeg
    4AEE7BA6-C62A-406C-A008-9BEA52BF24AF.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 168
What I find interesting about that is Polyphony Digital actually tried licensing a 993 Porsche 911 GT2 race car back in 1999 for Gran Turismo 2. Though that 911 GT2 was the STP Taisan one entering the JGTC Championship.

Last edited:

What kind of Porsche is that? Besides it being a 993, is it a Le Mans racer, or something else?

Last edited:
What kind of Porsche is that? Besides it being a 993, is it a Le Mans racer, or something else?
Porsche 911 GT2 24h Le Mans 1998 N60 Larbre Competition, sadly the car DNF the race that year.

Maybe the car is from a some private collector

Last edited:
One correction to make on the OP. There's no 2003 Viper SRT-10 confirmed for GT7 yet, there's a SRT-10 Coupe in the trailer though. The SRT-10 Coupe itself was not released until 2006, so it could never be a 2003 model

Here's hoping PD are observant enough to fix up the livery on the 993. The real car went through a botched livery restoration job in 2013, and now has the colours on the GT logo all wrong among other details :scared:
WM_Le_Mans-1998-06-07-060.png

642669.png

Jesus, they ship cars to Sony rather than sending a team to the car? That's insane lol. Seems like they could really easily ship some sort of portable enclosure to erect around a car anywhere in the world to scan it. Or just like trailer them a few miles to an empty parking lot where they've got room to record audio and whatnot. They're good at what they do but jeez, surely this can be done more quickly and efficiently.

Jesus, they ship cars to Sony rather than sending a team to the car? That's insane lol. Seems like they could really easily ship some sort of portable enclosure to erect around a car anywhere in the world to scan it. Or just like trailer them a few miles to an empty parking lot where they've got room to record audio and whatnot. They're good at what they do but jeez, surely this can be done more quickly and efficiently.
I'm not totally sure where the various studios are, but I know that each has got a large anechoic chamber, four hub dynos and a dedicated mic arrangement. Given the time to derig, pack, transport to a suitable and private location, rig up, use, derig, pack, transport, and setup back at base, never mind having all the people needed to make it work on the road, it makes more sense to just trailer the cars under cover to the studio than vice versa.

You could transport a car from Sheffield to Amsterdam and back for £500. I don't think you could do that with the gear necessary, much less the personnel.

You could transport a car from Sheffield to Amsterdam and back for £500.
That's definitely more reasonable than keeping people on the road, something I've done plenty of myself. But still, owning and maintaining such a facility has got to be expensive. I assume the facilities GT uses are simply part of a larger complex used by all the game production studies for various tasks which would make for a decent return on investment. The plus side is that the quality and standardization has been extremely high since GT5 which still has better visuals than the newest Forza games. I'd be really interested to see more about how their system works...I'm imaging a scene like at Car and Driver or Top Gear's offices, with press cars being shipped and driven in and out of a parking garage constantly. Is this the reason for the tradeoff between content creation amount and speed versus overall quality that really separates GT from its competitors? Forza especially is able to crank out some really obscure one-off cars quickly and easily and has to negotiate the same legal hurdles to make it happen. Somebody mentioned that they use contractors to do this and I assume that meant travelling contractors.

I'm not totally sure where the various studios are, but I know that each has got a large anechoic chamber, four hub dynos and a dedicated mic arrangement. Given the time to derig, pack, transport to a suitable and private location, rig up, use, derig, pack, transport, and setup back at base, never mind having all the people needed to make it work on the road, it makes more sense to just trailer the cars under cover to the studio than vice versa.

You could transport a car from Sheffield to Amsterdam and back for £500. I don't think you could do that with the gear necessary, much less the personnel.
Thank you for the "possible/plausible" answer. 👍

Is it actually going to PD in Amsterdam or being outsourced?

Last edited:

I think I know where that Jag went.... 😢

AF3C584E-40EC-47AE-9FB1-E1A53D0086D1.jpeg

Last edited:
I saw these two cars in a GT7 around 30-40 seconds. My bet would be that it's either old jgtc Nissan or Dodge GTS-R.
Edit: sorry for dark photo , I made an edit to photo as best as I could.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210701_194156_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20210701_194156_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Back