Gran Turismo 7 Master Car List

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,745 comments
I'm not sure if anyone has tried to increase the size to help determine this car, but after putting it in photoshop I have made the realization that it's definitely not the 550 that I originally thought. Very large hood/nose scoop design, and possibly split headlights? It looks most like the DB3S between the nose and rear hip, but it looks significantly shorter. No visual of a windscreen either..

Attachments

• Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
I'm not sure if anyone has tried to increase the size to help determine this car, but after putting it in photoshop I have made the realization that it's definitely not the 550 that I originally thought. Very large hood/nose scoop design, and possibly split headlights? It looks most like the DB3S between the nose and rear hip, but it looks significantly shorter. No visual of a windscreen either..
We all know Polyphony's habit of making certain cars in their trailers hard to recognize, whether it's an optical illusion, being in between other cars, being to small to see, or something like that. But yeah, to me that looks like a Porsche 550 A Spyder.

They're really taking "give 2+2, not 4" quite seriously with that aspect, in which it leaves us, the players, guessing what these cars are.

Last edited:
Perhaps the hood silhoutte in the screen shot doesn't have the same hump. But otherwise it does resemble this car quite a lot.

Attachments

• seinfeld550spyerla_01.jpg
    seinfeld550spyerla_01.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 29
Firstly, there's a couple of subtle differences in design; I looked closely but I couldn't see the tubular cross-member of the Willys MB - the Ford has an "n" shaped beam - and there's a difference in the hood clasp between the two models... but that's not definitive. The MB and GPW were pretty much interchangeable and about the only way to tell that isn't routinely changed is the shape of the moulding inside the rear panels where the toolboxes are... which we can't see.

Pragmatism is the rest of it. Given that the MB and GPW are almost indistinguishable, and that we know Ford is in GT7 - and has been in GT for the last 22 years - and Jeep has never been in GT, the likelihood of PD talking Ford into licensing and modelling the GPW is higher than PD including an esoteric car from a brand it has zero history with... but that's not definitive either. It's happened before.

So pretty much it's more likely to be a Ford than a Jeep because we've never had Jeep and we've had lots of Fords for two decades, and I can't spot the differences I'd expect to spot though I'd also not entirely expect them to be there - but it could be either. Or even both - they could have modelled one and badged it as the other!
A detail that you can tell a Ford GPW apart from a Willys MB are the two pilot holes in the front bumper
1631509405853.jpeg

The car in the trailer has no such holes which in theory would make it a Willys MB.
81849DA3-B6B1-4C59-B346-A581B6C581E3.png

Of course as you explained, the Ford and Willys are almost completely interchangeable. The car Polyphony modeled (assuming it is a restored example) could easily be a Ford GPW with a Willys MB bumper.

But I also think Willys as a brand has a good chance of showing up because Willys-Overland was purchased by Kaiser in 1953 and eventually merged with AMC. Jeeps were built under AMC for years until Chrysler took rights. FCA & PSA group currently own the the Jeep brand and Willys name and PD already has FCA brands in it’s games.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
1631510900542.jpeg

Last edited:
A detail that you can tell a Ford GPW apart from a Willys MB are the two pilot holes in the front bumper
View attachment 1079949

The car in the trailer has no such holes which in theory would make it a Willys MB.
View attachment 1079955

Of course as you explained, the Ford and Willys are almost completely interchangeable. The car Polyphony modeled (assuming it is a restored example) could easily be a Ford GPW with a Willys MB bumper.

But I also think Willys as a brand has a good chance of showing up because Willys-Overland was purchased by Kaiser in 1953 and eventually merged with AMC. Jeeps were built under AMC for years until Chrysler took rights. FCA & PSA group currently own the the Jeep brand and Willys name and PD already has FCA brands in it’s games.
View attachment 1079954

View attachment 1079949

View attachment 1079955

View attachment 1079954
Undercarriage details are amazing.

Last edited:
One of these has sold 2.3 million cars in Europe over the past decade and a half. I'd call that culturally significant.
Not really. Selling a lot means nothing, since it is dependent on affordability and usability. If the 918 Spyder cost the same as a 500 Essesse, guess which one would sell more.

By that logic they should add to the game every model that sells a lot, instead of sports cars. Instead of a Megane RS, we should have a Megan 1.5 dci. Instead of the Focus ST, just get a diesel Focus and so on. The point is, if they are limited to a certain amount of cars to model per year, they should stick with the sporty versions of them, in which case, for the Fiat 500, we already have the Abarth 500 which represents well enough the Fiat 500 family. I like the "everyday cars", but we don't need the base model for that, the sporty version is enough. From GT1 to GT4, they could get away with it, because it was much easier to model cars. In modern games it takes much longer to model a car, so they need to make better decisions.

Also no one argued against the R8. The model presently in the game is also the only R8 with a V8, which makes it unique. Something similar happened with Aston Martin, which got the V8 Vantage instead of the V12 (in which the GT3 variant is based on). Why? Maybe because they needed to fill the N500 class, or the V12 would be too slow for N600, who knows.

Last edited:
The headlights do look unusual but there is literally a blue 550 with only a tiny driver side windscreen in existence. I'm pretty sure I quoted one of your posts a couple days ago when I found a photo of it. The real car is sat in the same pose as the game car and it's basically a dead ringer.

Thanks to Emula :)
May be 037 ??
Anf ferrari p4/5 competizion was scaned too
What's been scanned isn't relevant - we've got a list of about 20 cars we know have been scanned to date, several of which are in GTPlanet front page articles, but still aren't in any GT game after several years.

Cars don't make it into the game until they've made it into the game, and this thread is only for vehicles seen in official GT7 media, as made clear by the very first thing in the very first post.

They ran from 2016-18, in 2018 they had special liveries on each car + a 5th car in GT Am.
Not quite correct, they ran in 2019 aswell. It's the IMSA, not WEC car in GT7. Guess they just scanned the car with metallic livery back in 2018 instead of the original one from 2016.

On this picture we can see , 2018 ford gt race car :)
Correct, we're just wondering why it's a 2018 one... because it raced from 2016-2019. I thought they would pick a 2016 one, because that year it was introduced and even won Le Mans. If not, i'd think 2019 because it's the latest, most refined version. But no, it's a 2018 one. Could be because it was the first one with metallic livery, as @Stephan pointed out, but who knows.

Correct, we're just wondering why it's a 2018 one... because it raced from 2016-2019. I thought they would pick a 2016 one, because that year it was introduced and even won Le Mans. If not, i'd think 2019 because it's the latest, most refined version. But no, it's a 2018 one. Could be because it was the first one with metallic livery, as @Stephan pointed out, but who knows.
But 2016 and 2018 its the same car ?just paint is different ?

They could have scanned the car in 2018/early 2019, with the car being the 2018 spec. If it was scanned in 2018, it wouldn't make sense to make the car the 2016 one, nor the 2019.

PD don't make much sense. GTS 2016, delayed to 2017. We get the 2016 Emil Frey RC F. Then, get the 2017 car. We got the 2017 Ford GT and 2018 Camaro ZL1 a couple years later.

For whatever reason PD pick the model years, we don't know. Why'd it take this long to get that car, when they could have included it in the 2016 pack of cars(919 Hybrid, R18, TS050, AMG GT3, M6 GT3s, 911 RSR, Cayman GT4, etc)? We just don't know.

PD were never good at keeping up with the most recent cars. Apart from the LaFerrari, the most recent Ferrari we have is the 458 Italia, and this says a lot. Right now, only Toyota gets to have their newest cars in game as soon as possible. Everything else usually takes between 2 to 10 years. Which is a shame, in the last 10 years alone, many great cars have been released, and we are still missing most of them.

Gran Turismo 7: 420 cars*

Gran Turismo Sport: 338 Cars

339. Alfa Romeo 8C 2900
340. Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI
341. Aston Martin DB5
342. BAC Mono
343. De Tomaso Mangusta
344. Ferrari FXX-K
345. Ford GT Race Car
346. Ford Mustang Boss 429
347. Willys Jeep
348. Lamborghini Vision GT
349. Lamborghini Murcielago LP640
350. Mercedes CLK LM
351. Mercedes-Benz 300 SL W194
352. Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V
353. Penzoil Nismo GTR
354. Silvia Qs S13 1988
355. Silvia Spec R Aero
356. Skyline 2000GTR
357. Porsche 356 A 1500 GS Carrera
358. Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion
359. Porsche 917K
360. Porsche 917 Living Legend
361. Porsche VGT
362. Porsche Carrera GT
363. Toyota Aqua S
364. Toyota Castrol Supra
365. Jaguar Vision GT

55 more cars to come, please the GT-One, R390 GT1 and 911 GT1 1998 :drool:
I am convinced they will include the Toyota GT-One, Nissan R390 GT1, BMW V12 LM and as a newcomer the Porsche 911 GT1, maybe even all featured in a special Le Mans-teaser or something.

The clues are there IMO: the overall theme of nostalgia, the Mercedes CLK LM is in (now way it is the only GT1 car included and it wasn't successful at Le Mans, so thats why it was featured in the latest trailer), the Porsche 911 GT1 Straßenversion is in as well.

All we can do is hope :)

Last edited:
I'm sure that's the only one they've got ahold of?

I'm sure that's the only one they've got ahold of?
It's probably this exact car:
IMG_6190.JPG

It went to Bathurst for some demo runs and then came to Melbourne for Motorclassica.

While they were here, PD also snapped up some (V8)Supercars for the game. I’ll expect to see the #17 Championship winning Falcon and #888 Commodore. ;)

Latest Posts

Back