Gran Turismo 7 Master Car List

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,745 comments
View attachment 1088412
It appears under the "United Kingdom" section of the Car Index and has a few unfamiliar shapes. Perhaps it could be returning models from GT Sport.
Maybe a Lotus Esprit?

screenshot2021-10-23a02jh7.png

tsukubacircuit_12rbk01.jpg

Last edited:
It's the one on the left that's the problem:

View attachment 1088416

The one on the right is listed as "3.0 CSL '71", but the one on the left appears as "BMW 3.0" followed by obscured text. Even pulling the 4K video down and going frame by frame I can't see why people are saying it's a BMW Motorsport racing model. The physical model in the thumbnail is identical (and the M3 1989 also looks like the same model, which is super odd).

I did just spot the "Color Variation" of the F1 W08 though, so that's a bonus.
The one on the left appears to have the front air dam while the one on the right doesn't. That car came in both flavors and the year doesn't seem to matter. The left one with the deep air dam should have the wing as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one on the left appears to have the front air dam while the one on the right doesn't.
I can't see it - and not only can't I see it, the left car looks different depending on where on the screen it is. Behind Kaz's neck it has a longer nose and a clear marking ahead of the driver's door:

1635089514658.png

But behind his head it's shorter in the nose (I've measured it; there's 20% more space between the rear of the front wheel and the base of the windscreen than in the "above head" car) and the marking is less obvious:

1635089459016.png

Of course that's just down to the aggressive lighting and weird image quality changes, but there's not enough to draw any conclusions about it right now.

We probably won't have to wait long to find out more though.

Last edited:
very clearly
Given that one car looks different in a fundamental aspect depending on where it is on the screen, as shown above, there's nothing we can say is shown "very clearly"...

Still going with the the BMW 3.0 CSL '71 is the racecar version theory, M IIRC didn't actually exist back then in '71 as we know it so the car would be known as just BMW instead of M 3.0 CSL '71. The other 3.0 CSL doesn't have BMW in its name so we can suppose that's a regular 1971 3.0 CSL without all the fancy bodykits they made for it later in the 70s. Just like how the other BMW roadcars are known by their direct names rather than BMW xxxxxx 'xx.

Last edited:
Still going with the the BMW 3.0 CSL '71 is the racecar version theory, M IIRC didn't actually exist back then in '71 as we know it so the car would be known as just BMW instead of M 3.0 CSL '71. The other 3.0 CSL doesn't have BMW in its name so we can suppose that's a regular 1971 3.0 CSL without all the fancy bodykits they made for it later in the 70s. Just like how the other BMW roadcars are known by their direct names rather than BMW xxxxxx 'xx.
BMW Motorsport GmbH started in '72, the first racing CSL was also '72.

This might not be a million miles off the reason it's listed as BMW 3.0. rather than just 3.0 CSL though. There's a rough pattern in the car naming where if the model isn't licensed to the brand you'd associate it with, they include the brand name in the model name. Hence the F1 GTR and Mini's that are licensed by BMW have McLaren and Mini in the model names. The Vision Gran Turismo name is licensed to Sony, so the VGT's tend to have the manufacturer name in the model name also...

... therefore, they have to include BMW because that specific 3.0 CSL wasn't licensed by BMW AG. That could possibly also make it an Alpina, for example, or BMW Motorsport.

From BMW themselves, on the CSL:

FROM RACETRACK TO ROAD.​

Following the weight disadvantage, Alpina developed a lightweight 3.0 CS for BMW for the road, the BMW 3.0 CSL, which at the same time was to serve as a homologation model for motorsport. The first lightweight version of the BMW six-cylinder coupé appeared in 1971 with the technology of the carburettor version of the BMW 3.0 CS coupé and the same output of 180 hp, but weighing 215 kg less and with much more dynamic drivability.

THE TURNING POINT IN MOTORSPORT​

The turning point came with a change in the BMW board. Bob Lutz, a passionate motorsport enthusiast, took over sales in 1972. Lutz headhunted Ford’s head of motorsport Jochen Neerpasch and their leading racing engineer. He also pushed ahead with the return of BMW works teams to touring car sport. The intention of uniting all BMW’s motorsport engagement under one roof ultimately led to the founding of BMW Motorsport GmbH in the same year. Under Neerpasch, the second stage of the BMW 3.0 CSL was developed, now with 200 hp and six-cylinder injection engine. About a year later, the final version of the 3.0 CSL appeared, which was not only optically something very special.

I'm leaning towards it being a racing version because despite compression artifacts etc. that @Famine mentions, I think there is a front air dam on the BMW 3.0 model that's different to the '71 CSL model on the right... but for me, it's the naming that makes it different.

...and we've got to have a (986) Boxster!
Either way, the current 338+48 cars on my spreadsheet are looking good so far, and there appears to be at least 22 Porsches at launch!
The German bias in 'cars-not-from-Sport' is a little unusual, makes me wonder if they're revealing them with thematic focuses for marketing, and if we'll soon see trailers focusing on other car cultures from around the world: Japan, Italy, France, UK, USA... maybe some token acknowledgement of Australian cars if we're lucky, or just a memorial piece in the museum.

Note that this Alpine A220 is pretty special. While I see it with a "1968" date, the modification of the body took place a little over a year later, in 1969.

The car showed is the #1731 chassis. It ran among others at Le Mans, in both 1968 (#29) and 1969 (#31), but the body was definitely modified at the end of the 1969 season to race with rallye specifications. This is why it hasn't its long tail. It ran like that at Chamrousse on July 27th, then on track at Nogaro on August 17th.

The final modification, still in 1969, is the addition of a numberplate (which you can spot in the last trailer) to be able to race in a Criterium on a public road in the Cévennes. Also, they added fans to the radiators, reduced the size of the carburetor to favor the torque at medium speed, a second alternator and then installed a lamp so that the co-pilot can read a map.

This is that final version of the car you will be able to drive in GT7. Will PD classify it as a 1968 or a 1969 car? I don't know, but that chassis has changed massively into two years.

The spoiler doesn't match, and why would Lotus be before Aston Martin? It seems to be classified by name right?
Maybe the Esprit Sport 350 '00?

car_photo_561331.jpg

Another clue is that the name of that car is very long, just like "Esprit Sport 350 '00" :D

I'm afraid not, it looks like the '95 F1 GTR to me. The lighter splotch on the side definitely suggests a livery imo.
unknown.png
You are probably right 👍

Does the car next to the 300SEL 6.8 look like the E46 M3 to anyone else (front half of the car only, can't see any of the name)

Back