Gran Turismo 7 Master Car List

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,745 comments
Well just because the models are there doesn't mean PD still have the license. I'm pretty sure every GT that reused the models from a previous GT (I'm thinking 2, 4 and 6's premiums which all had the same modelling quality as the previous game) has had some cars not make the cut. Maybe not necessarily because of licensing, but still.

And then there's Lotus in GTS, even though they were available in the beta out of nowhere boom, all gone. Not saying it's gonna happen again, but I'm personally taking the car list, even if they show the cars in the trailers, with a grain of salt until the game's in my console and I can see it for myself.

Is tessellation still a thing for Polyphony when modelling cars? Is this what ultimately enables assets to be future proofed?

Considering that the cars in GT Sport were made entirely from scratch unlike the previous game (except the PS3 Premiums) where they literally carried over PS2 models into GT5 and GT6, I wouldn’t be surprised if all models of GT Sport were carried over into GT7 (with perhaps 1 or 2 exceptions replaced for a newer model) otherwise it would seem like a waste - not saying this is guaranteed but it just seems likely but only time will tell.
That is, if the licensing deals with each respective brand also cover GT7, which is not guaranteed. Remember Lotus...?

Pretty thrilled the Porsche 964 Carrera RS is in the game along with the 993 version they first added in GT Sport, as they are my favorite cars. I am fairly certain it's the first time the 964 RS has been featured in a game before. 👍

This car is the antithesis of today. It literally looks like a regular 964 except for the RS badge. Then you look under the shell and see the magic.

Maybe that CSL is an Alpina. Just thinking about the recent Surveys we got and the choice of brands we can select in those surveys. Alpina being one choice. Unless there are other Alpina models to come and maybe none at all. Any brand anywhere without confirmation, doesn’t mean much, but would have been An Easter egg, if this is the case.

AMG GT-R

Screenshot_20211104-130141_Twitter.jpg

A good look at the C4 Corvette...

Screenshot_20211104-130150_Twitter.jpg

and the new Audi R8 GT3.

Screenshot_20211104-130200_Twitter.jpg

Last edited:
First proper look at these new cars.

unknown.png

unknown.png
What the deal with that paint texture on the Corvette? There are no reflections. Is that supposed to represent flat or satin paint? It looks oddly like an old GM red paint that has faded into oblivion lol. Is this showing the car being dirty? Used with faded paint?

Also, kinda weird that they chose the 1990 ZR1 instead of the facelifted C4 which had considerably more power. The 1993+ ZR1 in particular gained 30 horsepower and was known as a supercar killer.

Last edited:
What the deal with that paint texture on the Corvette? There are no reflections. Is that supposed to represent flat or satin paint? It looks oddly like an old GM red paint that has faded into oblivion lol. Is this showing the car being dirty? Used with faded paint?
I think it’s matte paint.

Custom paint or a poor 90s maroon/dark red

Also, kinda weird that they chose the 1990 ZR1 instead of the facelifted C4 which had considerably more power. The 1993+ ZR1 in particular gained 30 horsepower and was known as a supercar killer.
To make things sound more odd, Gran Turismo 2 had the 1995 Corvette C4 ZR-1.

Regarding the returning cars, I recollect this quote from Kaz:

Yamauchi told IGN that “Gran Turismo 7 will really contain everything that was in GT Sport; there’ll be nothing lost there” and that’s good news for fans of the current game.

Which was taken from here: https://www.gtplanet.net/more-gran-turismo-7-details-20210917/

That's why I was surprised the list in this thread does not feature every car from GTS as base content.

Regarding the returning cars, I recollect this quote from Kaz:

Which was taken from here: https://www.gtplanet.net/more-gran-turismo-7-details-20210917/

That's why I was surprised the list in this thread does not feature every car from GTS as base content.
There is a Kaz interview from before GTS where he stated that nothing from previous games would be lost going into GTS, things had only been added. We all know how false that turned out to be, so we can't just add cars based on Kaz statements.
Gran Turismo Sport is actually going to contain more features than any other game in the series to date. Nothing has been dropped, things have only been added.

Latest Posts

Back