Gran Turismo 7 new info at TGA 11 December 2020?

• Thread starter MadMax97
  • 26 comments
Unlikely, as racing games never had a big presence at TGAs outside of their own category.

It's more likely that we'll get some info out of the FIAGTC World Finals, instead.

I see, when you think will be the period they could give us new info and another trailer? Are the world finals in this month or?

I guess its possible, but why would PD want to? Pretty sure there are a lot of rumors Kojima is going to announce a new game there. Why would PD want to risk getting over shadowed by that? Seems way more likely they will just wait till their world finals, or during one of those 'State of Play' Playstation streams.

I'm not expecting anything from The Game Awards, but I am expecting something from the World Finals.

Last edited:
I hope they announce gt7 for ps4 pro
millions of players can crossplay on 2 consoles
and pd can get money for further development of the game
its a win-win situation

its a win-win situation
It's not, considering GT7 isn't out for potentially another almost 7 months (assuming no delays) and PS5 availability is much higher by then, why would Sony want to give people less of a reason to upgrade to the PS5?

why would they not want more money and bigger player base on gt7?
nothing stops you for buying ps5 and there are other games there aswell

why would they not want more money and bigger player base on gt7?
nothing stops you for buying ps5 and there are other games there aswell
Because they want to sell more PS5's. Ultimately people will buy PS5's if they are really into either PlayStation and/or Gran Turismo. Once a console's stock settles and the launch madness with the scalpers and low availability subsides, a game like GT7 will sell the system for a lot of people.

And it's not about immediate profit, the bigger picture is getting more PS5's into houses (which Sony currently make a loss on each one sold), dominate the market and the money comes later.

Last edited:
It's not, considering GT7 isn't out for potentially another almost 7 months (assuming no delays) and PS5 availability is much higher by then, why would Sony want to give people less of a reason to upgrade to the PS5?

Well do bear in mind Horizon Forbidden West is releasing almost certainly in the November-ish holiday window 2021 and has been announced as cross-gen.

I personally don't think PD would do a cross-gen game, it'd be too much work for them, but the expected release date isn't a dis-qualifier.

Last edited:
Well do bear in mind Horizon Forbidden West is releasing almost certainly in the November-ish holiday window 2021 and has been announced as cross-gen.

I personally don't think PD would do a cross-gen game, it'd be too much work for them, but the expected release date isn't a dis-qualifier.
True, and Horizon Zero Dawn also released on PS4 and PC, so it'll be interesting to see if a pattern emerges with Sony's release stratergy.

It'll also be interesting to see how many copies of a cross platform game like Horizon Forbidden West sell on PS4 compared to PS5. I'd imagine quite a lot of PS5's will be in homes by December 2021.

I wasn't sure if Sony may or may not regard Horizon as a system seller, but the first one sold 7.6m copies on PS4 so they're good numbers. We pretty much know GT7 is PS5 only though(for now at least). Personally I think it has more chance of appearing on PC at a later date than PS4.

Last edited:
It could also be the case that Horizon started development as a PS4 game and got pretty far along, whereas GT7 was always planned as a PS5 game making full use of all the extra power. As with everything, we can only wait and see.

its a win-win situation
I don’t have enough power to reply to another one of these comments............... :banghead:🤬:mad: :lol::lol:
edit: oh wait, I just did :lol:

Last edited:
Back