Gran Turismo 7 Players Will Be Able to Feel Anti-Lock Brakes With the DualSense Controller

You didn't mention this exciting bit.......

PlayStation VR 2 could fuel the future of Gran Turismo
In a roundable interview with GT Planet, Gran Turismo series creator Kazunori Yamauchi revealed that, when it comes to harnessing the power of next-gen consoles, Polyphony Digital's focus is primarily on VR.

“The first thing that’s going to be affected by more power is VR,” Yamauchi told GT Planet. “I don’t think that there’s anything else that requires that much processing power. I really like VR; I’m one to believe in the possibilities of it, and it’s very suited for a driving game.”

As Gran Turismo is a PlayStation exclusive series, it's likely that the future of the racing franchise will be fuelled by PlayStation VR and its likely successor: PlayStation VR 2. We did see a trailer for Gran Turismo 7 during Sony's PS5 games reveal event, but no VR footage was shown or hinted at.

While Sony hasn't officially confirmed that PSVR 2 is in development, Yamauchi's comments suggest that the company will be leaning into VR in a big way when it comes to the upcoming PS5.

“VR is something that really depends on the evolution of GPU power, and the hardware for it, like display devices even," Yamauchi continued. "It’s something where you can never have enough computing power; there’s always going to be that hardware limit, and that limit is never going to be high enough for us! Obviously that’s going to gradually improve over time and we’ll make sure to follow that.”

Fingers crossed for all of the VR fans!

You mean the same feeling I had on Forza 5? Haptics in the triggers nearly 10 years after Xbox had it on dev kits.
I dont own an single Xbox though. All Sony since 1995

Well, obviously. But let's not ignore the fact that there are still a lot of disabled people out there who can't reach the triggers, including me. =/

Just saying, man.

Sure, obviously it's not a choice for everyone, appreciate that. But I can't fathom why people who can don't even give it a fair try. Controlling a car with the triggers is far, far easier than face buttons, especially since they made the face buttons on/off digital with DS4.

Just moving my post in here.
It'll be interesting to feel the feedback while braking on bumpy surfaces. Maybe even trying to brake at off-camber corners. Somewhere like Lago Centre II.

T1 and the left after passing under the Liquid Moly bridge. The nose should become light, while trying to brake for both turns.

Also, Nurburgring. Any configuration. Wonder if PD will program in brake fade for road cars.

Controlling a car with the triggers is far, far easier than face buttons, especially since they made the face buttons on/off digital with DS4.
I too agree with this notion but then again you can't speak for everyone and say that it's best full stop.

This new controller is one of the most exciting aspects of the PS5, something which will radically alter the experience for everyone. I play GT Sport and think, "how the hell can they improve on this?" because it already feels quite responsive. I can't even begin to imagine what the DualSense controller will feel like to use. Adaptive triggers will allow PD to explore a wide range of throttle and brake settings akin to each car's individual characteristics - an old car with hydraulic linkages will tend to have a "heavier" brake and throttle, whilst a more modern car which uses electronic systems will have a "lighter" brake and throttle. So you won't just be able to hear and see the car's individual characteristics, but FEEL it.

The PS5 really will be the complete package.

Rather than how the triggers feel with ABS, I'd be more interested in how the triggers feel without ABS. Hopefully threshold braking will finally be possible, and we can drive older cars without ABS the way they are meant to be driven.

Controlling a car with the triggers is far, far easier than face buttons, especially since they made the face buttons on/off digital with DS4.

Yep, I have single-handly left behind the ol' X and Square buttons this gen because of how much easier Throttle control and Brake input is with Triggers. Does mean that should I go back to playing older games that don't reconize wheels, I am screwed :lol:

I'm wondering if Thrustmaster/Fanatec will sell a haptic enabled pedals too, or people will try make their own mod based off the information provided to the DS5 triggers.

Anyway, most important thing is for PD to fix the ABS OFF implementation first. Also make the clutch progressive instead of on/off. Then worry about haptic feedback and VR eye candy stuff.

If if i drive a ford pinto in gt7 will the controller explode?
You mean the same feeling I had on Forza 5? Haptics in the triggers nearly 10 years after Xbox had it on dev kits.
I dont own an single Xbox though. All Sony since 1995

What the ps5 has is triggers that can harden and lock themselves on the fly if the game demands it and individual rumble motors that can vibrate in different parts of the controller(instead of the usual vibration in the whole controller),xbox has rumble in the triggers called impulse triggers a type of haptic feedback but it's rudimentary compared to what ps5 is doing.

Last edited:
Wait, people actually still use X and Square?

In 2020?
X and O, for me. And also because of what I said earlier about me and others being disabled. So as long as disabled people exist, there will always be a need for accessibility.

Sure, the buttons aren't anywhere near as accurate as the triggers, but I still managed to grab a few podiums and wins in the Sport Mode daily races. =P

Believe it or not, when I used the triggers in GT Sport, I literally can’t go beyond 220 KILOMETERS AN HOUR!

They’re busted.

This is one of those issues that would be solved by buying another controller

X and O, for me. And also because of what I said earlier about me and others being disabled. So as long as disabled people exist, there will always be a need for accessibility.

Sure, the buttons aren't anywhere near as accurate as the triggers, but I still managed to grab a few podiums and wins in the Sport Mode daily races. =P

In this case, it’s completely understandable - and on that note, Sony should release some kind of peripheral for accessibility. Something along the lines of the Xbox Adaptive Controller

I too agree with this notion but then again you can't speak for everyone and say that it's best full stop.

It is factually better. The triggers have a large amount of variable analog travel like real pedals to be able to vary your inputs. The face buttons do not, they are either 100% or 0%.

Whether a person prefers using one or the other is up to them (and again I acknowledge those that physically can't) but its undeniable which method offers more control.

Last edited:
Wait, people actually still use X and Square?

In 2020?
I used it some months ago when the R2 of my both controllers broke, but well is really strange to use it, because obviously the game is programed for R2 and L2, with out ABS and with square is impossible and with X the throtle is difficult to manage.

Back