Gran Turismo 7 Releasing in "First Half of 2021"

Status
Not open for further replies.
New screenshot! I got it from the trailer aboveView attachment 970519
I think someone should try to replicate the shot in GTS just to see it.

Okay, this is the best I can do:

8295652517288641040_0.jpg

Last edited:
Considering a large majority of the cars we saw in the trailer were from GTS, I’d imagine most if not all the work PD’s done to prepare cars for GTS is also preparing them for GT7.
That's why I'm asking in my second question. If PD aren't remodelling, how much work is involved for the ray tracing? That'd be 339(including the Lewis Hamilton VGT and GR.4 Supra, plus the GR Yaris) cars, potentially, done.

Looks like the time of day is a little different
I mucked around with the white balance and colour correction to get the desert floor close to the same colour (I think I went a bit too red there :lol: my other screen is slightly more blue, so it's tough to get it right), but the time of day I used was the only one I could find that had the lighting coming from the right direction.

Perhaps GT7 has more, or different, times of day... or dynamic TOD?

It's possible. But I have a feeling the color correction and the saturation in the trailer are edited, because PS5 trailer.

Last edited:
That's why I'm asking in my second question. If PD aren't remodelling, how much work is involved for the ray tracing? That'd be 339(including the Lewis Hamilton VGT and GR.4 Supra, plus the GR Yaris) cars, potentially, done.

I don’t see how ray tracing affects model development, ray tracing is part of the rendering/lighting engine.

About these comparisons, the clip in the trailer could just be a cinematic not exactly representative of how it will look.

I mucked around with the white balance and colour correction to get the desert floor close to the same colour (I think I went a bit too red there :lol: my other screen is slightly more blue, so it's tough to get it right), but the time of day I used was the only one I could find that had the lighting coming from the right direction.

Maybe we can activate lights at any time of day.
I don’t see how ray tracing affects model development, ray tracing is part of the rendering/lighting engine.
Oh, that's fine. I don't know how the rendering works. Just asking to get some understanding. 👍

I know exactly what you're saying here. If you haven't already; try using the PS controller with the motion sensing settings for steering instead. You'll notice the car wheels will then turn in time with the steering wheel (no delay etc) and controller movements will turn the wheels at the correct speed for your motions. It solved the issue for me, and is actually quite emersive once you get the hang of it. You just need a seat with arm rests, otherwise arms will get tired when suspended in front of you!...

Yeah but i dont really play with the motion sensor but still thanks for your advice.

Iam such a big GT fan but this steering issue kills all my excitement. Back then i would get each new GT day 1 and play it for years. GT Sport and GT 7 are a exception unfortunately. It killed my excitement so much that i dont even follow GT anymore, i just saw the Trailer by coincidence on youtube...

Yeah but i dont really play with the motion sensor but still thanks for your advice.

Iam such a big GT fan but this steering issue kills all my excitement. Back then i would get each new GT day 1 and play it for years. GT Sport and GT 7 are a exception unfortunately. It killed my excitement so much that i dont even follow GT anymore, i just saw the Trailer by coincidence on youtube...
I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding you, but you know the streering wheel doesn't track the angle of the front wheels in a real car right? I'm not sure what the issue with it not doing so in a game would be. I'm sure you can change the steering sensetivity to better match what you want, though if you can get it to exactley how you want I'm not sure.

To be honest I think the C7 footage is either GT Sport with a different time of day, or some in-between "post GT Sport" build. I can't see any evidence of ray tracing whatsoever here:
unknown.png

And at such an extreme angle the mirror would have a very pronounced reflection:
upload_2020-11-9_23-55-20.png

And GT7's ray tracing is hardly subtle, it's very nice and noticeable in the initial trailer:
unknown.png

So yeah, I'm not convinced this is GT7.

When you change from a render engine to another or when you optimise the render of a new one you need to check the materials, test rebounds and samples numbers, exclusions, ambient oclusion, check the roughness and reflexion parameters, bump parameter, metalic effects, etc... testing with other new parameters that can improve the result... comparing again with their data base photos...

It's more work for the interiors than for the exteriors, also because of the detail PD wants to show in materials in each car like each real car.

As RT is not only for more realistic reflections but also (and mainly) for light distribution, it can change the result a lot and it need to be balanced or calibrated with real pictures.

To be honest I think the C7 footage is either GT Sport with a different time of day, or some in-between "post GT Sport" build. I can't see any evidence of ray tracing whatsoever here:
unknown.png

And at such an extreme angle the mirror would have a very pronounced reflection:
View attachment 970697

And GT7's ray tracing is hardly subtle, it's very nice and noticeable in the initial trailer:
unknown.png

Rear mirrors are excluded for reflections and for casting shadows in GTSport (or very low map shadow in some cases, but always excluded for reflexions) , this is a quick tip to find if it is GTSport or GT7.

Last edited:
About these comparisons, the clip in the trailer could just be a cinematic not exactly representative of how it will look.
You don't say!

My prediction of a March release seems more and more likely.

Last edited:
unknown.png

View attachment 970697

unknown.png

It's probably footage of an old build of GT7 they had laying around. Given the playstation site even advertises ray-tracing as a graphical feature, it would be weird for the final game to miss it.

It's probably footage of an old build of GT7 they had laying around. Given the playstation site even advertises ray-tracing as a graphical feature, it would be weird for the final game to miss it.
That’s what I meant by the post-GTS part. We’ve seen that GT7 will have ray tracing, I just think this specific clip is either from an old build or from a modified GTS build.

They also advertised it for Demon Souls but in the end the game hasn't any ray tracing, i think it will be the same with GT7, i don't think the ps5 can handle 4k 60fps with ray tracing, maybe it it can do it with lower res or half of the frames but 4k/60 with raytracing it is to much to handle even on the latest high end Nvidia GPU's.
Maybe the raytracing will be present only in the menu and such but not in gameplay,but we are talking about PD here so never say never, let's wait and see.

Last edited:
That’s what I meant by the post-GTS part. We’ve seen that GT7 will have ray tracing, I just think this specific clip is either from an old build or from a modified GTS build.

Also nice and subtle reflexions depends on how nice and what kind of the objets are in the scene, the camera position and the sun position.

It's easier to get more detailed and more subtles reflections into a forest, like Trial Mountain, than in a desert, like Willow.
It's simply different and maybe not very clear to compare both.

Racing cars haven't the same coated kind of painting than stock-expensive car. Racing cars paint seem like a "plastic" finish more often in real life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back