Gran Turismo 7 Releasing in "First Half of 2021"

Status
Not open for further replies.
GT7 will only have Carrera GT, 917K, 911 GT1 Strassenversion, Murcielago as new cars.
Well, the BAC Mono and vintage Alfa Romeo were also there - besides, those are only the new cars we've seen so far. There are doubtless going to be more than that that we'll see in subsequent trailers and when the game eventually releases

GT7 will only have Carrera GT, 917K, 911 GT1 Strassenversion, Murcielago as new cars.
I'm sure they will have gotten more than those done in the 12 - 18 months between the content cut for GTS and GT7s anticipated release. Maybe ~50 new cars is a realistic expectation?

How could you possibly know that, JTB?
I don't know anything, just making a guess based on pace in the past plus COVID possibly slowing things down. And content stopped being added to GTS in January of this year and there have been several sources saying "anticipated first half of 2021" for GT7, which is a 12 month gap at the earliest and 18 at the latest. Math.

Last edited:
Thanks mate.

You said, "... will only have Carrera GT, 917K, 911 GT1 Strassenversion, Murcielago as new cars." That's a matter-of-fact way of putting it. If you'd said you were guessing I'd not have asked brother. :cheers:

Thanks mate.

You said, "... will only have Carrera GT, 917K, 911 GT1 Strassenversion, Murcielago as new cars." That's a matter-of-fact way of putting it. If you'd said you were guessing I'd not have asked brother. :cheers:

o000o said that, not JTB.

Thanks mate.

:confused: I didn't say that. I quoted someone else who said that. Look at the post again.

Edit: beaten to it

Last edited:
Was being sarcastic, sorry if you don't get it.
Classic interwebs misunderstanding, I reckon. :lol:

1) You were sarcastic and those who responded appear to have missed that
2) I misquoted someone else thinking he'd said what you said

I prescribe the nectar of the Gods - beers all-'round!

:cheers: :gtpflag:

I know this is likely wrong, but a YouTube ad led me to a GT7 pre-order page citing release Dec 31st 2020.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/11/09/ps5-the-ultimate-faq/

SIE Worldwide Studios Games: Also in Development

Also confirmed to be in development from Worldwide Studios: Destruction AllStars (Lucid Games), Returnal (Housemarque Games), Horizon Forbidden West (Guerrilla), Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (Insomniac Games), Gran Turismo 7 (Polyphony Digital), and the next entry in the God of War series (Santa Monica Studio)

What other PS5 games are confirmed to be in development?

There are a large number of games confirmed to be in development for PS5, too many to fully list here. Please keep checking PlayStation.Blog and PlayStation.com for updates on future releases.

:D

I don’t think a game has released with over 1000 cars using modern assets.

GT5 and 6 had 1000+ but 3/4 of the list were ported PS2 assets with minimal if any adjustments.

I don’t know if any Forza game has gotten up to those numbers with post-launch support, but they’ve certainly never launched with 1000 - and they’re the ones known for having an outsourced modeling crew. It’s a bit insane of an ask for GT7, especially knowing the pace that PD seemed to be able to add content to GTS.

I don’t think a game has released with over 1000 cars using modern assets.

GT5 and 6 had 1000+ but 3/4 of the list were ported PS2 assets with minimal if any adjustments.

I don’t know if any Forza game has gotten up to those numbers with post-launch support, but they’ve certainly never launched with 1000 - and they’re the ones known for having an outsourced modeling crew. It’s a bit insane of an ask for GT7, especially knowing the pace that PD seemed to be able to add content to GTS.
Forza had iirc 800-900 as for now. Not 1000 yet but almost getting there.

Forza had iirc 800-900 as for now. Not 1000 yet but almost getting there.

Just did the research.

FM7 currently has the most at 834, but only launched with about 700. Depending on where you draw your lines, this is a little less, or a bit more than GT4 (~730) which (to my knowledge) held the previous record car count of consistent/non-generational port* quality. FH4, the most recent title from the same studio, even has less at 723. FM6 had 450 launch/620 with DLC, FM5 200 launch/320 DLC.

*of course GT4 had cars from GT3 carried over, but this tends to happen in any consecutive titles in most racing game series.

So, the most comparable (IMO) franchise to GT, with one of the more notorious reputations for outsourcing the modeling for its assets, averaged an increase of around 250 cars between the launch of each game in this last generation, with around 125-175 cars coming in as DLC/post launch support to pad it’s launch count. GTS actually had comparable numbers in post-launch support, but we don’t have as many data points on GT’s game-game content increases. GT5-6 in premium content increased by a bit over 150 depending on how you view each game’s DLC/preorder bonuses.

So, using Forza data and pretending GT7 will go exactly as smoothly as if it’s carrying on from the same hardware generation as GTS (~170 cars at launch) and accounting for the fact the GT games tend to have more time between release, a very high ball estimate could put GT7 at 500, maybe 550 cars (100-125 per year), with 700 at the end of its post-launch support (pretending we know how long and how PD intends to support GT7 and/or handle gaps to future games/GT8). Realistically I see it being closer to 450, if even, especially considering content tends to get bottlenecked/reduced at the start of a generation (look at GT3/FM5/GTS), and we also don’t know how much content PD did/didn’t hold back from GTS DLC. I.e. if they were pushing out as much content as they could post-launch as soon as it was ready in GTS, or if they trickled out some while developing a meatier list that could beef up GT7’s appearance, or somewhere on that spectrum.

The track record of similar games, the much lower starting point for GT’s current roster, and the precedent that no one has managed to achieve the 1000 mark yet really puts the hopes for such high numbers in the insanity category for me.

It's possinble the GR Yaris was outsourced. Could have been another case as when PD helepd , virtually, with the GR Supra. That still frees PD to concentrate on other aspects of GT7. Would be nice to get some info about GT7 development.

As I've said before, from a business POV there is surely no reason to try and have 1000 cars in a modern game. How many people are going to look at a game with 4, 5 or 600 cars and say "Nah, not enough. Not buying it"? 99% of racing games don't have anything close to that number. We all know the only reason GT5 and GT6 had that number is because the imported their old catalogue, so there was no extra outlay.

Even GT Sport sold very well with a tiny 150 cars at launch, so why hire hundreds of extra modellers and spend so much effort getting to 1000 cars when you can sell exactly the same amount of games with 4 or 500 cars?

If it was as easy as the old days to make a car model then sure, but now? I don't see anybody doing it, not at launch anyway. With added premium DLC to make up for the extra outlay, perhaps.

Last edited:
I guess we'll have to wait the end of world finals before any news about GT7. The last event could be the perfect opportunity for Poly to reveal more but it's too perfect...

gt7 doesn't need 1000 cars, if in gt sport now is 336 I would say 400 for gt7 would be a great number (if this additional cars are good choice ofcourse)

Can I just say - every day that passes is a day closer to GT7’s release!
The anticipation for a new trailer is killing meee

snc
gt7 doesn't need 1000 cars, if in gt sport now is 336 I would say 400 for gt7 would be a great number (if this additional cars are good choice ofcourse)
400 isn't enough in my opinion especially since the 336 of them are already in GT SPORT. 500 seems pretty good to me

Last edited by a moderator:
400 isn't enough in my opinion especially since the 336 of them are already in GT SPORT. 500 seems pretty good to me
ok disagree, I would rather see improvement in stages graphics, lightning, dynamic weather, better collisions/damage model, improvement in physics, more tracks. Big number of cars is of course good but I would put it very far on list of improvements priorities.

Last edited:
snc
ok disagree, I would rather see improvement in stages graphics, lightning, dynamic weather, better collisions/damage model, improvement in physics, more tracks. Big number of cars is of course good but I would put it very far on list of improvements priorities.
The number of cars and tracks are at the top of my priority list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back