Gran Turismo 7 Revealed for PlayStation 5

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,404 comments
So Trial Mountain is officially located in the US according to GT cannon:

Which means, canonically, Nessy is an asset of the Scottish government used to spy on the US.

D4D08434-EC99-4659-9B66-9513F846ED58.jpeg

Also, sadly, I see no red dot in the northwest corner, so probably no Seattle (at least for now).

That layout looks to be changed to meet FIA certification, which if anything may mean the championships will definitely continue into the next generation
Wouldn't be surprised. Absolutely not a fan though, not if FIA is blocking the original designs of the courses that started the series getting into the game as an alternative. The fantastic, occasionally slightly unrealistic original circuits is one of the notable reasons why I fell in love with the series in the first place.

...not sure if anyone noticed, but when GT Sport was announced, there was no time lapse of scenery (clouds, morning to day), but they did this here... also if not mistaken, there is some sort of raytracing here and there to be seen, being it a cutsceen or ingame, not sure... but o boy o boy... if this is how it will be, basically they've listened to their fans, giving them game that has everything that best GT games had... and more... (although there is much to be seen before coming to conclusions).

BTW, I'm not fanboy... but I have a feeling Sony did show MS how games should be shown...

I'm wondering what track in north Texas?

Texas Motor Speedway - Fort Worth
Motorsports Ranch - Cresson
Eagles Canyon - Decatur
Toyota corporate VIP resort - Argyle
I'm guessing Northern Isle Speedway for Texas.
Fisherman's Ranch for Arizona.
Blue Moon Bay, Trail Mountain, Willow Springs, and Laguna Seca for California.
Colorado Springs (Maybe Pikes Peak) for Colorado.
Unknown for Utah/Idaho area.

...I was unimpressed by the whole event AND ps5 as a device... awful design.

Regarding GT7, although the day cycle and possible weather effects are a leap forward from GT Sport, it’s not by any means revolutionary based on the current competition, let alone this was beat done by Driveclub some 6 years ago...

...trees still 2d, no actual damage from what I saw but the most disturbing thing for me is the terrible AI.... looks like it’s more pronounced as years pass by.

I love GT and have played countless hours, but wouldn’t consider it a sim. A sim? Really, when you start last in every race??? I’ll still get it, but was not that excited.

A bit out of context, but, horizon 2 excluded, I didn’t see anything that couldn’t be already done in the current gen..maybe without the ray tracing effects..

Its all about nostalgia. I wont consider it a sim. Its an easy to enter game. Sit on the couch, grab your gamepad and grind. I love doing the challenging missions and driving school. I have all the Sim setup here, a DD wheel, Heusinkveld pedals, simvibe, VR and all. And its awesome. But I did not play for more than 2 years and it would be such a pain in the ass now to set it all up, just to do 2 laps. Thats why I love Gran Turismo. Turn on the console and play.

Some of us have already been discussing this. We believe that most wheel manufacturers will have to use a new base/motor for the PS5.

Not necessarily. All they have to do is have it handshake with the current security chip.
If it’s not backwards compatible, 3rd party options like Drivehub would likely step up.

What track is that on the US/Mexico border in Arizona? The only course I know of in that general vicinity is Inde Motorsports Ranch, but it's further north than that marker looks, which looks like it's in Nogales.

Also, I see people are complaining that the game doesn't look "next-gen" enough, but honestly, I'd be perfectly happy with some higher LODs, better environment details, shadows, reflections, more detailed textures, and dynamic time/weather. I think GT Sport was already fantastic looking and I was wondering how it could be improved.

And Trial Mountain, if there isn't a classic version, may the final chicane where you could launch your car sideways into the air rest in peace.

What track is that on the US/Mexico border in Arizona? The only course I know of in that general vicinity is Inde Motorsports Ranch, but it's further north than that marker looks, which looks like it's in Nogales.

Also, I see people are complaining that the game doesn't look "next-gen" enough, but honestly, I'd be perfectly happy with some higher LODs, better environment details, shadows, reflections, more detailed textures, and dynamic time/weather. I think GT Sport was already fantastic looking and I was wondering how it could be improved.

And Trial Mountain, if there isn't a classic version, may the final chicane where you could launch your car sideways into the air rest in peace.
My guess is Fisherman's Ranch from GT Sport. They don't have to be real world tracks. Trial Mountain is now in California.

Just a note, the full trailer in the article is longer than what they showed in the PS5 reveal.

Notes:
  • Championships and Missions are separate on the left side. Both seem more similar to GT Sport, especially with the overall % values. What's the difference between Championships and World? Why does World not have a % value?
  • "GT Sport Live" on the right side. This could be watching races and not just driving in them? "Multiplayer" is separate.
  • The "School" is at 80%. Maybe indicating something more similar to Sport than the old license tests?
  • Cars have both a N class and PP value, as others have stated.
  • There are "New" used cars but no pretend date visible in the game. Presumably they change over real time.
  • Looks like the part screen still has a lot of work to do, our 86 has 20 ft-lbs of "trque". I still find "Understeer Engineering" hilarious. Who would buy parts from them?
  • We might get real part makers? "Atkinson Motor Technology" isn't. Hopefully it's a real choice and not just sponsorships.
  • It's visible for a very small period of time but there is a "Gran Turismo World Final" in the GT World screen.
  • The red dots: 1 in Brazil is surely Interlagos. 2 in Britain are probably Brands Hatch and Goodwood. 1 in Spain is Catalunya. 1 in France is Le Mans, I see Spa, Monza, probably Dragon Trail over in Croatia, not sure about others in Europe.
  • The US is harder. We have Daytona in Florida, then something in Texas which may be CoTA. The tracks in the middle of the country are fantasy tracks, I'm guessing? Trial Mountain is apparently in the California mountains, which makes sense I guess. In California we have Laguna Seca and Willow Springs.
  • The in-race UI is identical. It could just be a stand-in though, please don't make any assumptions...
  • No more cutting the last chicane, that's for sure!
  • I thiiiiink all the cinematic footage is Trial Mountain.

I would feel more relaxed if we saw a livery editor option on that home screen.

I really hope that everything we have from GTS can be ported over!!!

If GT7 cannot be played on PS4 (I still hope it does), the alternative is I hope we GTS player can play along side with GT7 (I know: wishful thinking).

Is COTA the texas circuit shown on the map?

I think COTA would be lower in Texas toward the coast where Austin is no?

So Trial Mountain is officially located in the US according to GT cannon:

Which means, canonically, Nessy is an asset of the Scottish government used to spy on the US.

View attachment 929486

Also, sadly, I see no red dot in the northwest corner, so probably no Seattle (at least for now).

Good eye, looks like Trial Mountain is close by Oregon...

I'm guessing Northern Isle Speedway for Texas.
Fisherman's Ranch for Arizona.

Blue Moon Bay, Trail Mountain, Willow Springs, and Laguna Seca for California.

Colorado Springs (Maybe Pikes Peak) for Colorado.
Unknown for Utah/Idaho area.

I hope you are right.... I think you are.

There are still so many tracks from the continental US missing on that map :( :( :( :( :(

My guess is Fisherman's Ranch from GT Sport. They don't have to be real world tracks. Trial Mountain is now in California.

I forgot about the rally tracks in GT Sport honestly (and so does PD it seems, from how little they're used outside of the single player modes), that would make sense. I just got excited for Arizona representation, like how Forza 3 and 4 had Sedona Motorsports Park.

With Daytona back and the oval courses already in the game, it'd be nice if some sort of stock car was added for oval racing, whether or not it's a "real" NASCAR or not.

It looks awesome and the level of foliage in Trial Mountain was impressive. I'm glad that solo players get their campaign mode back but I know people are going to complain about the lack of evolution in the campaign mode. Racing hasn't really evolved since the 1900's so I don't know what campaign progression people are expecting beyond, "grind a used car in races and buy a new car" campaign model. The campaign mode won't matter though unless they finally fix the horrible AI.

Last edited:
I just hope it has enough offline contents so I can finally buy a new console(I skipped PS4 and XBOne altogether)

Back