Gran Turismo 7 Revealed for PlayStation 5

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,404 comments
I imagine that the Livery Editor will be filed under GT Auto, so it doesn’t quite surprise me that it’s not seen on the map featured in the gameplay reveal. GT Auto has traditionally had rims, aero kits, paint jobs, and other services, so the Livery Editor would make the most sense there.

Last edited:
Someone said they saw a 911 GT1, are any of the '97 GT1 cars confirmed?

Its the Strassenversion.

image0.png

In regards to Sport Mode, while it would make sense for GT Sport and GT7 to be able to play against each other and I would like that, I also really hope it doesn't, because that would mean GT7 would be held back in the physics department and only tracks in GT Sport could be raced on. Plus, while I know it isn't confirmed, if there are features like dynamic time of day, it couldn't be used in Sport mode either since GT Sport doesn't have it. With how tuning works too between the games, I wonder how BoP would be applied since it looks like upgrades come from buying parts rather than the sliders used in GT Sport. This also makes me wonder about the release date, since if cross-play isn't possible, then the community will get fractured.

Since all online weekly and tournament races are all mostly GT series BoP rated cars, that only certain cars will be eligible for online races.

I think the lobbies will be different, but that is a given.

From what the GT Sport Live icon means is that the GTS tournament program will continue with GT7.

Which means same format, same physics, and no dynamic time of day. Unless they have a separate GT7 endurance series, I don’t expect it.

I’ve been saying this for the last few months. The reason why they are changing the physics and penalty system in GTS is to incorporate both titles for their sport online competitions.

Oh yeah one last thing about that reveal trailer. Since I started playing Assetto Corsa on the PC more than GT Sport I’ve become more picky about proper car classes and balancing. Seeing the Porsche 917 racing with a bunch of GT3 cars makes me want to shoot myself now. Makes me wonder if that’s how the campaign’s going to be structured again with certain events confirming to a strict car list and some just allowing whatever is under the PP limit.

Really, you're upset enough about someone coming up with some rules about which cars are allowed to race with each other that is different to someone else's arbitrary rules about which cars are allowed to race with each other enough that you want to shoot yourself? What about all those stupid rules that get introduced when someone comes up with some new tech that beats the guys with the money and so they get banned... cough... Lotus... cough...

I liked it in general, but I noticed two unacceptable things for the next generation:

1- Unrealistic Shadows
2- Rendering Delay/Pop-In

Will my biggest nightmares (in terms of graphics) continue to haunt me in the next generation?
I don't think they will, GT7 is still a work in progress. I think it'll be fixed before the game releases
Although that does make me wonder, how far along has GT7 come? Im assuming not all that far since no release date has been given or anything.

Really, you're upset enough about someone coming up with some rules about which cars are allowed to race with each other that is different to someone else's arbitrary rules about which cars are allowed to race with each other enough that you want to shoot yourself? What about all those stupid rules that get introduced when someone comes up with some new tech that beats the guys with the money and so they get banned... cough... Lotus... cough...

I have no clue really what you’re trying to say. All I want is proper racing groups and is that really that much to ask for? GT Sport was a start but they really messed up with the GT1 cars and Group C cars and the groups became these unbalanced messes. I just want cars to be where they’re supposed to be for once and have it done properly.

I have no clue really what you’re trying to say. All I want is proper racing groups and is that really that much to ask for? GT Sport was a start but they really messed up with the GT1 cars and Group C cars and the groups became these unbalanced messes. I just want cars to be where they’re supposed to be for once and have it done properly.

I used to go and watch a race series called GTP Nations Cup, it was a fantastic mess of cars that weren't essentially identical, recently the only live racing near where I live is that strictly matched that every car is nigh on identical... hopefully they will have both represented in GT7.

vs

In terms of graphics, please keep in mind...
1. The game likely isn't coming out any time soon (prob holiday 2021 or later). Still time for things to improve. (I would be happy to be proven wrong on the date though)
2. The PS5 isn't some wizard gaming box that can somehow produce higher fidelity visuals than a $3000 gaming PC.
3. Adding to that, if Kaz is targeting native 4K/60fps or 1440p upscaled >60fps (120fps pls), then the game is simply not going to be "perfect" graphically. Add in dynamic TOD and weather and you can be damn sure that will be the case. (PC2 takes at least a RTX2080 to run 4K/60+ max settings rain/sunset full grid etc).
4, IMO, it's little details like a changing track surface, debris, smudge on the windshield, things that shed the signature GT "clinical" look and add genuine realism that need more attention.
5. If you want your "dream" vision of GT7 you better hope there is a PC version down the road and you have >$2000 laying around.

People need to be realistic with their expectations.

Oh and 6. ... the game still looks pretty damn good.

Last edited:
Now the big question, in what part of the US is Trial Mountain settled?? :lol::lol:

Also, in a second time in a row I had to keep silent excitment for the reveal, but at least I could "celebrate" it with co-workers :lol:

Dissapointed in the sound but I guess that will never change.

The really need to change the people who do the sound effects. Sounds nothing like a racecar.
Bruh they hired the same guy who did the sounds for Forza 4, one of the best sounding cars of all time.

Am i the only one who cannot stop repeating the same trailer?

Just watched the trailer, holy crap :eek:

- HUD looks exactly the same as GT Sport, might have a few tweaks at release but hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it
- GT Town is like GT4's Career Mode all over again, and I LOVE it
- that Porsche 917 is handsome as 🤬
- glad to see the BAC Mono included, not sure about the specs but it would be a good match against the KTM X-Bow if that gets included back as well

Looks good, will definitely be buying it.

Not sure of the release date as none was provided, could be a while away.

Now the big question, in what part of the US is Trial Mountain settled?? :lol::lol:

Also, in a second time in a row I had to keep silent excitment for the reveal, but at least I could "celebrate" it with co-workers :lol:

In the map it looks like Southern California.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200612-102040_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200612-102040_Chrome.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 27
Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread but in the photo of the Trial Mountain track map when you zoom into FF cup, Sunday Cup, etc thumbnails it appears that you can see other tracks that could be in the game. Someone pointed it out on reddit maybe the pros on GTPlanet can figure out which tracks are within the images.

I also hope that certain cars are only available on certain days in the Used Car Shop.
That was so much fun in GT4 to see what has become available.

I wonder if the same UCD logic will be used from the past... but obviously now we have cars we dont have before and car we used to have are missing... even if all the cars that ever existed in GT comes back (which i really hope is the case), the roster looks totally different so the logic will be different based on the number alone...

Time for GTPlanet to start working reverse engineer the new GT7 UCD logic Muahhahahahah

3fa44137b3d500fc012aa457c8116f4d.gif

There would be no point in showing DR/SR outside of the Multiplayer menu. GTS was online focused, GT7 isn’t.

I agree... the main menu should remain clean and uncluttered.
My stats and stuff can be in my home profile.

I hope and i am sure DR/SR will return, GTSport aspect is way too important to be dropped. The association with FIA is a solid partnership that will continue with GTSport and transferred to GT7.

As there is no release date, its obviously not finished. its clearly using audio assets from GT Sport for a game that isn't 100% finished so its way too early to judge (Especially from one car that doesn't even exist).

There is literally a "GT Sport Mode" logo in that screenshot (Just off to the right). Seems like its pretty much coming to GT7.

Exactly, for you the doubters, GT Sport is within GT 7....

What have i been telling some of you... GTS is a stepping stone to the full game GT7 ;)

I had GT sport and PS4 Pro, but eventually sold it. Though I like it a lot, it's not a real gran turismo for me. So you didn't missed much.

GTS is a real GT game.... just the way it is with GT HD and GT5 Prologue.... a smaller project before as they prepare for the Monster that will come right after...

My faith in Kaz will soon be restored once more details will be revealed...

GTPlanet is doing a fantastic job at dissecting the 2 mins of new footage we got from PD...

I think Kaz and the team at Polyphony have hidden some interesting things in the trailer.
I tried to locate the tracks that are present in GT Sport on the European part of the map and it seems that Monaco/ Cote d'Azure is back!View attachment 929530

1) Red Bull Ring
2) Dragon Trail
3) Sardinia
4) Monza
5) Lago Maggiore
6) Alsace/St. Croix ?
7) Nürburgring
8) SPA
9) Brands Hatch
10) Goodwood Circuit
11) Le Mans
12) Barcelona
13) Monaco

If I remember correctly Special Stage Route X is supposed to be located in the US, so ti might be the dot in Texas.

And then there's this interior shot:
View attachment 929536
The speedo goes to 240, coupled with the steering on the right it leads me to believe that it's an European car. But neither the ones present in GT Sport nor the winners of the Pebble Beach trophy seem to fit.

I think there are definitely some missing tracks and location in that screenshot...

Where you put Spa is way too low... Spa is higher up and i dont see a dot there...
Where you put Alsace is where Switzerland is no?
I really want monaco to be back, but at the same time i also want Paul Ricard, and i have come to enjoy St Croix... and all three location are in that vicinity.... so there is definitely some mystery there...

I want all tracks to come back.... Please Kaz !!!

Seattle, Paris, Rome, London, the new Top Gear, the old Top Gear, Grinderwaltz....

That world map should have much more red dots than than !!! boy i am starting to be demanding now...

I just looked and approximated the rough location, and although it likely is Sainte-Croix, it could also be Paul Ricard

yup... see above.

From what I can tell from the menu is that GT Sport Live will carry over from GT Sport.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest that PD are going to run GT Sport and GT7 games in the same online tournaments.

Putting two and two together means that GT7 will have GT Sport’s online system.

What that also means is that what you get in GT Sport right now as far as physics is concerned is what GT 7 will have. Huge bummer, no new tire model.

I fully expect GT7 to be an evolution of GT Sport, so if you are an online racer like me, do not expect anything different online. Same cars, same tracks, same tournaments.

why would the PS4 not be able to handle a new physics?

What if PD rolls out an update to GTS so that GTS would also benefit from the new GT7 driving physics and dynamics?
A new tire models for GT7 can also be pushed down onto the GTS environment via an update...

Why would GTS not be able to benefit from new track update ? Kaz/PD can also roll out an update where GTS would see all the track in GT7 be available....

GTS could also benefit from an update where all the cars in GT7 be available in GTS?

Of course we would not be able to have all the features that GT7 has, but at least 40% of it wouldn't be bad...

In regards to Sport Mode, while it would make sense for GT Sport and GT7 to be able to play against each other and I would like that, I also really hope it doesn't, because that would mean GT7 would be held back in the physics department and only tracks in GT Sport could be raced on. Plus, while I know it isn't confirmed, if there are features like dynamic time of day, it couldn't be used in Sport mode either since GT Sport doesn't have it. With how tuning works too between the games, I wonder how BoP would be applied since it looks like upgrades come from buying parts rather than the sliders used in GT Sport. This also makes me wonder about the release date, since if cross-play isn't possible, then the community will get fractured.

See my response right above....

Kaz/PD could do some magic... who knows. GTS doesn't have dynamic time/weather, but wouldn't they be able to push it through an update ?

GT7 shows Nxx / PP, so clearly they already have worked an equivalent chart and BoP would be applied on both side...

I think Cross-play is possible, and so for at least 2 years after GT7 is released, GTS will continue to be supported... that's my gut feeling...

EL CAPITAN IS BACK

I hope so too... which means a few red dots are missing from the map...

Nope. That would be Paul Ricard in the south-central corner of France.

i hope so too...

From what the GT Sport Live icon means is that the GTS tournament program will continue with GT7.

Which means same format, same physics, and no dynamic time of day. Unless they have a separate GT7 endurance series, I don’t expect it.

I’ve been saying this for the last few months. The reason why they are changing the physics and penalty system in GTS is to incorporate both titles for their sport online competitions.
Jim Ryan stated in the beginning of the event that they like console generations and keeping things separated between them. They don't like old hardware holding back progress. It's a response to Microsoft developing games cross gen for 2 or whatever years into next gen and of course it applies to GT7 as well.

Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread but in the photo of the Trial Mountain track map when you zoom into FF cup, Sunday Cup, etc thumbnails it appears that you can see other tracks that could be in the game. Someone pointed it out on reddit maybe the pros on GTPlanet can figure out which tracks are within the images.
Deep Forest for Clubman Cup, and Grand Valley Speedway for FR Challenge.

EDIT: On a closer inspection... They are the same track, Trial Mountain.

Back