Gran Turismo 7 Revealed for PlayStation 5

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,404 comments
why would the PS4 not be able to handle a new physics?

What if PD rolls out an update to GTS so that GTS would also benefit from the new GT7 driving physics and dynamics?
A new tire models for GT7 can also be pushed down onto the GTS environment via an update...

Why would GTS not be able to benefit from new track update ? Kaz/PD can also roll out an update where GTS would see all the track in GT7 be available....

GTS could also benefit from an update where all the cars in GT7 be available in GTS?

Of course we would not be able to have all the features that GT7 has, but at least 40% of it wouldn't be bad...

Kaz/PD could do some magic... who knows. GTS doesn't have dynamic time/weather, but wouldn't they be able to push it through an update ?

GT7 shows Nxx / PP, so clearly they already have worked an equivalent chart and BoP would be applied on both side...

I think Cross-play is possible, and so for at least 2 years after GT7 is released, GTS will continue to be supported... that's my gut feeling...

We're talking about hardware limitations here. An updated physics model may be too taxing for the PS4. Adding dynamic day/night cycles would also mean a massive/complete change to the lighting engine, which, at that point, you might as well make a new game, which, well, GT7 is, not to mention that that in itself would require a lot more computing power. Having 40% of GT7's new features in GT Sport would be nice, but now you're limiting GT7's potential by chaining it to the thought of putting something in GT Sport.

A car/track update to match GT7's roster is wishful thinking. It would be nice, but I highly doubt they'll push all the cars/tracks out to GT Sport because they'll have to downgrade them to be able to perform on the PS4.

Edit: I can't grammar and quoting is hard.

why would the PS4 not be able to handle a new physics?

What if PD rolls out an update to GTS so that GTS would also benefit from the new GT7 driving physics and dynamics?
A new tire models for GT7 can also be pushed down onto the GTS environment via an update...

Why would GTS not be able to benefit from new track update ? Kaz/PD can also roll out an update where GTS would see all the track in GT7 be available....

GTS could also benefit from an update where all the cars in GT7 be available in GTS?

Of course we would not be able to have all the features that GT7 has, but at least 40% of it wouldn't be bad...

See my response right above....

Kaz/PD could do some magic... who knows. GTS doesn't have dynamic time/weather, but wouldn't they be able to push it through an update ?

GT7 shows Nxx / PP, so clearly they already have worked an equivalent chart and BoP would be applied on both side...

I think Cross-play is possible, and so for at least 2 years after GT7 is released, GTS will continue to be supported... that's my gut feeling...

I hope so too... which means a few red dots are missing from the map...

i hope so too...

The reason that GT Sport wouldn't have improved and advanced physics is because the PS4 doesn't have the processing power to multithread the amount of physics models in real-time. Running the physics model in GT Sport is already pretty much all you are going to get, it doesn't have the overhead for a dynamic tire model.

Why would they load all the cars in GT7 into GT Sport when GT Sport online series only runs GT series and one off N300 cars. All GT Sport would need to add is new GT4-GT1 cars that are on GT7 and it would be complete.

GT7 is going to be GT Sport with a new campaign mode and a huge list of campaign eligible cars.

I always knew gt sport was some kind of a gt7 prologue. I'm not surprised tbh . People complain about graphics being similar to gt sport. Personally I think gt sport graphics are very good. I don't really care that much about graphics because that's something you gonna get used to after few days of playing the game . The things that really matter to me is the experience. There are few things that i'm worried about from the trailer :

- I hope AI are as good as f1 games or project cars for example. Oherwise races will be like time trial . I hate gt sport career mode just because i'm racing myself. It gets boring real quick
- Only 16 cars on track ? would love to have at least 40+ AI cars for endurance races + multiclass
- Why Does PD still uses concept cars that don't exist IRL. That kills the realism of the game ( and of course old lemans cars with gt3 cars in the same grid.... )
- I hope they bring back special stage route 11
- The sense of speed in the gameplay is bad. you are doing 200kph like it's 50. that's not immersive at all

I think the release date would be late 2021 or 2022. Until then I will stick to my ps4

Nothing too impressive, IMO. However, I am assuming the entire game will be in VR and the VR is what I am hoping the PS5 drastically improves upon from the PS4. VR is the game changer.

I only watched about an hour of the live vid, but GT7 was pretty much the least impressive looking game graphics wise of everything I saw. Knowing PD, we will get the finished game in about year 3 of the console, lol.

If it has full VR I'll pre order, which I never do.

And please don't take forever to release PD.... please. Here's hoping.

Jim Ryan stated in the beginning of the event that they like console generations and keeping things separated between them. They don't like old hardware holding back progress. It's a response to Microsoft developing games cross gen for 2 or whatever years into next gen and of course it applies to GT7 as well.

Well you can't ignore the GT Sport Live icon from the trailer, so yeah, they are going to be cross platform.

Don't trust sarah, i bet she's gonna sell my used fiesta while the console is off.
sarah4zakyf.jpg

Looks impressive! Judging from the trailer and the lack of a release date I have my doubts on this being a launch title.
One aspect that has me concerned is the experience system (judging from the XP bar next to the time), I hope it doesn't become a grindfest like it did in GT5

Two UK locations...?

Brands Hatch.. and geographically speaking... Thruxton?
image0.png

There was a London track introduced in GT5 Prologue, just to throw it our there

Just hope this not over 150GB, I lived in village and no internet cable connection so... it will be hell.

I hope there's no day one patch

I can't remember who said it but in order to know where you're headed, you need to know where you've been. Never has this felt so true after seeing this game for the first time. GT Sport didn't really focus much on it's past, which I think made the game less exciting. GT7 has taken a lot of key elements from the past and re-invented them for a new age. The signs are very promising, for it not only pays tribute to the past but adds a modern flair that will take GT into the next decade. Trial Mountain was in desperate need of a revamp, and the updated version is everything we could've hoped for. All the things we've seen indicate that PD are serious about the future of the franchise, whilst not forgetting about the illustrious history of Sony's most successful IP. This is what we all wanted. It's what GT needed to do in order to remain relevant. Gran Turismo is back.

I can't remember who said it but in order to know where you're headed, you need to know where you've been. Never has this felt so true after seeing this game for the first time. GT Sport didn't really focus much on it's past, which I think made the game less exciting. GT7 has taken a lot of key elements from the past and re-invented them for a new age. The signs are very promising, for it not only pays tribute to the past but adds a modern flair that will take GT into the next decade. Trial Mountain was in desperate need of a revamp, and the updated version is everything we could've hoped for. All the things we've seen indicate that PD are serious about the future of the franchise, whilst not forgetting about the illustrious history of Sony's most successful IP. This is what we all wanted. It's what GT needed to do in order to remain relevant. Gran Turismo is back.
That trailer is honestly everything I hoped for with GT7. Now we just need to see the full car roster. :bowdown:

I wish they showed more normal cars, tbh. How can you say GT is back when the best part about Gran Turismo is not in the trailer?
Forget the trailer for a second. There is a UCD! That's Gran Turismo enough. All of us can imagine what's waiting for us in there. Also, it reads" New" in the pic. SO, looks like notifications when either PD add a car and/or UCD rotation(if that's back). Good times.

I wish they showed more normal cars, tbh. How can you say GT is back when the best part about Gran Turismo is not in the trailer?
this trailer is just like a teaser . They can't show everything in a 2mn trailer. This trailer is just a way for them to say there is a gran turismo coming to ps5 so buy the console

Forgive me for saying this but, the graphics looks too close to GT Sport, that shows how good GT Sport looks even to this day!

AND the fact that the PS5 IS FULLY BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE, so technically you're getting two GT games at launch!

Sorry, couldn't handle the excitement.

Well yes, there is a whole career mode and economy.

Anybody notice how many buttons on the controller? Hope it's the same.

Edit: Guess it doesn't matter, we already have more functions than buttons

Last edited:
If I can use my T300 then I'm hyped. This is the real sequel to GT6 that I wanted. Hard to say if I'll buy a PS5 this year though. Going through some life stuff. Hoping Mid-Field comes back. All the classic GT1 and 2 tracks actually...

image_gran_turismo_7-42169-4502_0005.jpg

The message shown at the bottom of the released screenshots is very interesting. 'Cars shown may require gameplay progression.'

That leads me to think that locked prize cars are returning! Or maybe it's just referring to cars costing credits
What crazy times we live in when GT has to put a disclaimer on the screenshot to say that progression is necessary to unlock the car.

Back