Gran Turismo 7 Revealed for PlayStation 5

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,404 comments
I've noticed the article on the homepage regarding the tracks reads - "There are still a couple of mystery dots however, and a track you can only spot in a race event thumbnail has us scratching our heads."

Any idea which screenshot this is? With the thumbnail?

Well as I said yesterday I wanted the PlayStation 5 reveal event to "sell" the console to me.

Kaz did that with his appearance showing GT7 and seeing Trial Mountain!

I really love the whole look of the new GT, a nice version of the old style GT4 game map which I loved and I like the layout and the return of many missing features like Used Cars, GT Auto and so forth and gifts as well!

My main wish that a livery editor is present looks to have been appeased too so saving begins for the PS5 console and GT 7.

Thank you and PD and Kaz for your good presentation of the new game yesterday and to Sony for it's new console.

This guy gets it.
Well hmm... more realistic physics isn’t “next gen.” Should the physics of changed for better or worse? Maybe.. but yeah I’ve never seen GTSport as the iRacing of console games... so it’s not the biggest deal. Plus the highest selling racing games are GT and Forza... not iRacing or AC or RF2. So I think polyphony have always tried to cater for the middle market of casual and serious and GT7 might succeed in that goal.

I think GT7 will be release at launch or 2021.

GT7 use GT Sport foundation, the development can be fast
And it it more logical to do so because the problems that many (including me) have with GT sport is not in driving gameplay but the lack of classic GT traits and features that normally we expect to have in a main line GT. If playing more like GT sport means that we'll get the game sooner raher than later then I, personally, do not mind at all.
About the trailer, I loved but it felt like a drop in the ocean althought it is normal because it is just a reveal trailer so many changes will probably come for the final build of the game.
GT Auto and Tuning parts are back so I'm very happy, I'm quite curious to see what modifications are available in GT auto. Hopefully a expanded version of GT6 GT auto.

Also, would we see some other car mechanics at work here, like the infotainment centers being on, showing the title of the song playing, and the air vents being pointed towards your racer and you could hear it? So far we get active aero, tire deformation, and Guage displays. What about proper damage modeling? As far as that goes, we've gotten some dents and scratches, but body deformation goes deeper than that. If the ps5 is capable of modeling Kazunori Yamauchi himself, surely it could show proper damage models.

Well hmm... more realistic physics isn’t “next gen.” Should the physics of changed for better or worse? Maybe.. but yeah I’ve never seen GTSport as the Iracing of console games... so it’s not the biggest deal. Plus the highest selling racing games are GT and Forza... not iRacing or AC or RF2. So I think polyphony have always tried to cater for the middle market of casual and serious and GT7 might succeed in that goal.

I totally agree.

That is why I like playing GT Sport, its because it is still fairly accurate as far as physics are concerned, but also has a slight arcade feel that makes online competitive racing fun.

I think a lot of us die hard online racers were looking for a new physics model that accounted for proper suspension mechanics and a proper ti(y)re model.

I am still really, really hoping that have michelin as a partner means that they are in the development phase of creating their new model.

I'm still a bit hopeful that GT7 will have improvements in that regard, but I don't think they are going to update the mechanics of the suspension. The lack of body roll and bounce from the trailer looks like they aren't even going to try changing the mechanics.

And it it more logical to do so because the problems that many (including me) have with GT sport is not in driving gameplay but the lack of classic GT traits and features that normally we expect to have in a main line GT. If playing more like GT sport means that we'll get the game sooner raher than later then I, personally, do not mind at all.
About the trailer, I loved but it felt like a drop in the ocean althought it is normal because it is just a reveal trailer so many changes will probably come for the final build of the game.
GT Auto and Tuning parts are back so I'm very happy, I'm quite curious to see what modifications are available in GT auto. Hopefully a expanded version of GT6 GT auto.
But a good number of people here thinks GTS should be the new way and the classic elements are only nostalgia fuel and outdated now.

For GT Auto, Livery Editor would be inside it for sure this time. It's another type of car modification and it belongs there.

Just watched the video again...

Is that debris or marbles on the inside of the corner...you can see it again on the short clip of the Mazda doing the track in reverse...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200612-084445_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20200612-084445_YouTube.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 67
Kinda strange that PD haven't released a shred of info or media themselves yet. Usually a game reveal by Sony coincides with at least some details from PD themselves on their website that wouldn't fit in the 3 minute trailer. They made a post saying they announced it with a video and....that's it.

Depending how long that lasts would back my belief this is going to take a while to arrive. It would suggest PD weren't/aren't ready to talk about it in any detail, but Sony wanted them to show it. If so, I'm getting strong Deja Vu....I'm seeing an unfinished Brands Hatch....

Kinda strange that PD haven't released a shred of info or media themselves yet. Usually a game reveal by Sony coincides with at least some details from PD themselves on their website that wouldn't fit in the 3 minute trailer. They made a post saying they announced it with a video and....that's it.

Depending how long that lasts would back my belief this is going to take a while to arrive. It would suggest PD weren't/aren't ready to talk about it in any detail, but Sony wanted them to show it. If so, I'm getting strong Deja Vu....I'm seeing an unfinished Brands Hatch....
It is clear that sony has pushed to show something of the game.
What we have seen has some GTS placeholders, as well as having some technical problems.
The fact that it does not have a release date confirms this.
What we have seen I see it as a reassurance to fans that GT7 will contain everything that a numbered GT has and even more.

Here we have wierd funny colours and just how it looked was just total arcade for me and not a realistic game anymore

The majority of UI elements are probably just placeholder at this stage. I agree with you, it all looks disjoint but they will probably work on the UI later on. My guess is it won't come out this year.

It all looked the same and it was verified by a professional sim racer.

Kie is a full time YouTuber, not a professional sim racer and with this I don't mean he doesn't know his stuff but better to be precise if you want to use that as an argument.

The majority of UI elements are probably just placeholder at this stage. I agree with you, it all looks disjoint but they will probably work on the UI later on. My guess is it won't come out this year.

Kie is a full time YouTuber, not a professional sim racer and with this I don't mean he doesn't know his stuff but better to be precise if you want to use that as an argument.

I think that is a fair assessment. I’m not trying to be crass and not call him a professional, I think he is in contention.

I'm super intrigued at the return of used cars, this might suggest that the car count is going to be significantly more than GTS, maybe 500+ like Kaz originally wanted at the end of GTS but now on this.

Also, my thoughts on what GT Cafe could be is the community/ discover section like on GT Sport but elaborated with more features as well

Well hmm... more realistic physics isn’t “next gen.” Should the physics of changed for better or worse? Maybe.. but yeah I’ve never seen GTSport as the iRacing of console games... so it’s not the biggest deal. Plus the highest selling racing games are GT and Forza... not iRacing or AC or RF2. So I think polyphony have always tried to cater for the middle market of casual and serious and GT7 might succeed in that goal.

People would stop asking for realistics physics if they dropped the "The Real Driving Simulator" slogan. But they didn't. So its a natural thing for people to ask for more realistic physics

Latest Posts

Back