Gran Turismo 7 Revealed for PlayStation 5

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,404 comments
Yes...proper tuning parts are back and they go all the way to "extreme" level, i wonder if that includes engine swaps, hope so! Used cars garage, returning tracks, a career mode, GT Auto heh proper GT4 vibes. All they need to do is provide a wide and varied car list from turd-boxes and city cars, off-road cars and sport trucks, pedigree sports and classic coupes all the way up to modern and crazy things of the last 10 years. Also, to continue the good form of engine audio sounds quality which been finally heading in the positive direction over GT:S lifetime. Very hopeful for this, just need a price for the PS5 now...

I watched the in-game play, it's 100% the same physics engine and model. I was talking about it with Kie earlier today and he agreed that it looks like the same crap.

Sorry you don't like what I said, but just being honest. Same GT Sport engine... get mad about it I guess.
Am I missing something?

The physics and handling model in GT Sport is one of the titles key strengths. Of course those aspects will be refined and updated with the extra horsepower available. Same with other aspects of the game.

The fundamentals of GT Sport are excellent. The focus needs to be on refinement, content and game structure.

Nothing too impressive, IMO. However, I am assuming the entire game will be in VR and the VR is what I am hoping the PS5 drastically improves upon from the PS4. VR is the game changer.

I only watched about an hour of the live vid, but GT7 was pretty much the least impressive looking game graphics wise of everything I saw. Knowing PD, we will get the finished game in about year 3 of the console, lol.

Agree, for me the last "real" GT was GT4. GT5-6 was just meh. If and that's a big if, they implement VR, then we have a system seller title. (I recall some new patents on the VR side) Don't forget that there is a new camera too. But GT7 as launch title? Don't think so, and the PS5 is a no-buy until GT7 is released. I already own a VR enabled PC.

GT7 is going to drop within the year, that's a fact.

I guess you can tell who didn't go through the GT5 release saga.

The two longest running jokes with Polyphony are "vacuum cleaner sounds" and delays. Every GT game in the last twenty years has had delays. At this point we don't even have a release date for GT7, so you making assumptions about when it's actually going to be out just shows that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Personally nothing to make me want to rush for a PS5 to play this - accepting this a trailer for a game that's still a long way off.

Yes it looks nice, as everyone expected. But the actually graphics on the PS4 looked ok to me, it was just the pop-ups and shading in the distance i didn't like.
Some nice cars, and tuning, which will make a lot of people happy, but I'd want to see them improve how they catagorize the cars before i got too excited.

Also, why is the gear indicator always wrong!! Even in the first ever released trailer, the driver is clearly ignoring it. Maybe if they fixed the gear indicator, that might also fix the crap AI. Maybe all the bots are changing down to 1st gear for every corner?

And who drives with their thumbs pointing up on the wheel, and moves their whole hand to click the gearshift paddle? It's such an unnecessary and slow animation

Also, why is the gear indicator always wrong!! Even in the first ever released trailer, the driver is clearly ignoring it. Maybe if they fixed the gear indicator, that might also fix the crap AI. Maybe all the bots are changing down to 1st gear for every corner?

In my opinion the gear indicator is not wrong, it's only a begginer visual assist and it has to be conservative (a lower gear) for them.

a begginer visual assist

Then it should be able to be turned off!

Anyway, this thread has got massive, not sure if anyone has mentioned the lack of release date. Some dates were a long time away, Capcom even put 2022 but I think PD will release this in 2021 but just don't want to commit. If it was out "Holiday 2020" I would have had to start working out how much I need to save but if it was they would have said, right?

People will lose their minds if this happens

1997-mclaren-f1-gtr-longtail.jpg

32e12f3f050d274c4324729cb9293b61.jpg

b1b3372a3ee77ba3abcd97e99b31aa54.jpg

414a9d4bfb36a64919370620cd0bb75d.jpg

5121e7af315dc5dae1de4fbce0760afd.jpg

I think the game Will come as a launch title....or maybe winter 2021.... PD tease high frame rates and even 8k + Ray tracing a year Ago in tech events..... They allready have allmost 300 cars and 27+ tracks ... Make from Scratch,.... This is not like GT 5 .... They now can add tons of content after launch.... I Hope so.......

As a (well, meanwhile I have to say ex-) sportmode focused player, all the graphics and so on are for me just not important, if they dont re-build the penalty system from zero up and also rethink their chaos-on-track-causing crazy tyre wear philosophy (actual Supra Cup: tyre wear x18 in Laguna Seca :rolleyes:).

And I hope for the offline players that they change the boring brainless from last to first challenge- races and provide proper AI races with Qualifying and so on instead.

Possibly but not likely. That dot near Yosemite National Park was confirmed in the video to be Trial Mountain @1:45.
Aw man... Guess I got myself hyped too quickly.

I hope there's El Capitan and Light Velocity Ver 3.

Yesterday, after the reveal, Kaz drove over to my house to give me my personal signed copy of GT7 and to drop off my new car that comes with the game. However, he brought the blue Ferrari 488 Pista instead of a red one..... so naturally I kicked his ass and told him to make it right or I won't buy a PS5.

The nerve of that guy thinking I wanted a blue Ferrari.

We need real damage this time and once for all, and a fixed penalty system for online races. That being said, the return of original circuits is something excellent. Funny (at least for me) fact about Trial Mountain is back in 1997 (I was 8 years old back then) I was racing against my father (31, my age right now) with a NSX vs my father's "Black Tornado" RX-7... I was leading and just in the final chicane he used that apex to fly above me and won the race. I can't lie that yesterday seeing wath PD did with that part of the track I feel in peace. That won't happen again.

You hear me dad??? I will win this time MMMWWWAHAHAHA

Somehow i find judging the game using the front part of the trailer is irrelevant. It doesn't looks like in-game footage to me not even abit. Only the later part where the new mazda vision gt is somehow indicative of what it will be.

I saw more detailed lighting, less jaggy image and texture and way more detailed reflections without raytracing yet.

As a (well, meanwhile I have to say ex-) sportmode focused player, all the graphics and so on are for me just not important, if they dont re-build the penalty system from zero up and also rethink their chaos-on-track-causing crazy tyre wear philosophy (actual Supra Cup: tyre wear x18 in Laguna Seca :rolleyes:).

And I hope for the offline players that they change the boring brainless from last to first challenge- races and provide proper AI races with Qualifying and so on instead.

Very unlikely that they will change how the offline A.I. races are set-up and programmed.
Its more or less been that way since GT1. I do not see them changing even basic things like tire wear and fuel for offline GT world events or implementing track limits. I can understand why they refuse to include any type of meaning damage, however they could include time penalties etc for using A.I. cars as brake markers etc. At least the option to turn these settings on and if used get a credit multiplier.
Sound - expect will not have much improvement either. The graphics of course will be the genere leader, however that is not the most important to me anymore.

For the first time in since GT3 have zero intentions of purchasing GT7 or PS5. GT2 spent a lot of hours on also - but do not believe purchased upon release. Also had GT1 at one time or another as a novelty.

I wish GT7 well and enjoyment for those that intend to purchase upon release. Maybe somehow it will bring back that grand alure, where pure joy last more then just a month or two.

I will be moving on to the land of computer gaming. I have grown tired of the mindless laps, especially while grinding. Its just has become a waste or certainly not best use of my time. I want the challenge and immersion of more indepth sim racing that other titles provide.

Back