Gran Turismo 7 Revealed for PlayStation 5

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,404 comments
It says livery editor in the description of playstation's upload of the trailer don't worry šŸ‘
Glad to see someone managed to find a source confirming the livery editor will appear in GT7.

I hope this time around Polyphony Digital increases the size limit for SVG files for GT7 to make it easier to make complex decals without having to crop pieces of the decal into separate files.

For all of you lamenting the change of Trial Mountain, remember that over the years, tracks all over the worlds also have evolved to become safer and improve...

This is a natural thing... Monza, Nurb, LeMans, Monaco, Le Castellet Paul Ricard, Silverstone, etc just to name a few...

So chill

EDIT: Spa too

Last edited:
So weird... my hype for GT7 is near to zero. You can't just reveal a new game with the same race UI! The same trees technology, no weather showcase...
"If it ain't broke, don't fixe it." That's all I have to say about Trial Mountain. I was so happy with the addition of Midfield Raceway in GT6 because it was actually Midfield Raceway. The new Trial Mountain looks like : Sardegna ā€ Trial Mountain techwise.
I'm sure I'm not the only one missing the "feeling" of the old GT tracks with very close walls.
So it's GTsport all over again : waiting for years of a WIP. We'll see but for me, this is so disappointing.

So weird... my hype for GT7 is near to zero. You can't just reveal a new game with the same race UI! The same trees technology, no weather showcase...
"If it ain't broke, don't fixe it." That's all I have to say about Trial Mountain. I was so happy with the addition of Midfield Raceway in GT6 because it was actually Midfield Raceway. The new Trial Mountain looks like : Sardegna ā€ Trial Mountain techwise.
I'm sure I'm not the only one missing the "feeling" of the old GT tracks with very close walls.
So it's GTsport all over again : waiting for years of a WIP. We'll see but for me, this is so disappointing.
I totally agree with you, i was expecting a next gen title and they showed just a higher res version of GTS...so so disappointing

The teaser showed too much of Trial Mountain and not enough of other locations (no other)... I would agree with you... We had high expectations....

Hopefully more will be revealed in the coming weeks and months.... I am sure they are still working hard at it...

If everything was done and finish, they would ship it and sale it to us already...

Last edited:
Gran Turismo has already shown its fans that it can be more than just a car game. since gt6, with a circuit maker that any other game envies, also in the last series, a design creator. which, in my opinion, has almost more people than those who play races. Also very important, the test track, 400, 1000 meters that is so important to tune the cars. I will refrain from talking about peak peaks because I think it will become part of Gran Turismo 7.

All I really want (within the scope of realistic expectations) is AI that is at least somewhat competitive, especially if they are bringing back a full career mode, and just general quality of life options. Please for the love of god let me disable certain HUD elements. There's so much clutter that I don't need to see during a race and it only takes my focus away from driving.

I would also like to see the return of dynamic time of day (which the timelapse in the trailer send to indicate). It'll be great to get some actual details on the game.

The ONLY way I'm ever going to bother with the career mode is if the AI is excellent. Everyone knows that the AI in every GT after GT4 is really bad. However if you've played GT6 like me, you'd have noticed that the AI is also very bad in this game except if you use B Spec. The AI is actually surprisingly good in there and you can make the AI win every single race just by telling him when to overtake and usually keep him at a high pace.

It just shows that PD is able to output very good AI but they're just really lazy about it and don't want to correctly implement it. Everyone thought that every GT after GT5 would have improved AI and it was a disappointment every single time. The probability it will be the same here is extremely high.

They just announced the game for the first time. I expect a lot of things will change at launch compared to its initial announcement like the UI, graphics etc. We just have to wait and see.

Not at all...Even compared to nearly indie games such as AC Competizione

Is that ACC for PS4? Edit: I watched the video ACC looks great buts itā€™s also on a stronger platform, even the guy said it. Still GTS holds its own, to say itā€™s not next gen I donā€™t know about that.

Last edited:
I was just thinking what if the Extreme Tuning in the Tuning shop is for making/turning your car into a Hillclimb/Time Attack car, just a thought.

They've not released actual console gameplay yet.
It wonā€™t look like the video I saw.. I play AC now for ps4 and compared to what the CPU guys get itā€™s not even close!

Last edited:
I have to say that I own ACC and really enjoy the game but GTS still has an edge in overall photorealism although ACC is very close. I just don't see how it's even possible to improve the graphics engine of GTS except for adding more details like much better damage.
4k, 8k.

Higher resolutions and faster framerates along with better lighting and reflecitons is where I think it will be most noticeable next gen. The days of massive jumps in polgon usage are behind us IMO. Adding damage isn't what I would deem improved graphics, it's improved gameplay (assuming you want damage) but a high res damaged bumper is no different to a high res undamaged bumper from a graphical standpoint.

We could see better effects like tyre smoke, tyre marks, dirt and ust being kicked up etc. We'll have to wait and see.

It wonā€™t look like the video I saw.. I play ACC now for ps4 and compares to what the CPU guys get itā€™s not even close!
I think Gran Turismo will always be the best looking racing sim on PlayStation because it's the only one specifically built and optimized for the console. Maybe the start of the new console life-cycle will be closer to current PCs but the gap will widen again eventually.

They just announced the game for the first time. I expect a lot of things will change at launch compared to its initial announcement like the UI, graphics etc. We just have to wait and see.
No racing game at release. Thanks Sony for Evolution Studio. The racing game genre is so badly manage by Sony. If GT7 isn't ready, don't show it. When Playground games reveal a new Forza Horizon or Turn 10 a new Motorsport, at least it looks finished. If I were a Sony exec, I would flip some tables at Poly. End of my rant.

Itā€™s entirely possible the UI they used here was just a placeholder

4k, 8k.

Higher resolutions and faster framerates along with better lighting and reflecitons is where I think it will be most noticeable next gen. The days of massive jumps in polgon usage are behind us IMO. Adding damage isn't what I would deem improved graphics, it's improved gameplay (assuming you want damage) but a high res damaged bumper is no different to a high res undamaged bumper from a graphical standpoint.

We could see better effects like tyre smoke, tyre marks, dirt and ust being kicked up etc. We'll have to wait and see.
I think a car that gets shattered after a heavy crash adds a lot to graphical fidelity of the game. PD understood that in GT5 (although still with limited damage) but abandoned the concept afterwards.

Since some last GT Sport updates, we heard before the end of the game 2 others Porsche have to come. So, Carrera GT, 911 GT1 or 917 could coming next... Or nothing before GT7. But no prob ;)

To be honest, when I'm looking to all these informations, and trailer, as all here said, it looks like a new GT4 game with GT Sport stuff. A best of GTs :boggled::dopey:

I NEED TO CALM DOWN, Caaaaaalm, Calm... ok I'm calm, it's just a game. But... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

ps: The next months will be so hard, never been so hyped since... never.

Ain't seen enough. I don't do abbreviated GT (Sport) so I never considered purchasing a PS4. If PD cain't return to their status quo set by their GTs 4 or 6?.. I won,t be purchasing a PS5 either.

It is better to play GT than be played by PD.

No racing game at release. Thanks Sony for Evolution Studio. The racing game genre is so badly manage by Sony. If GT7 isn't ready, don't show it. When Playground games reveal a new Forza Horizon or Turn 10 a new Motorsport, at least it looks finished. If I were a Sony exec, I would flip some tables at Poly. End of my rant.
Just because a game doesnā€™t look finished doesnā€™t mean itā€™s going to look like an unfinished product at launch. Hell sometimes games that looked almost like a finished product when they were first announced end up being worse when they finally get released. Remember No Manā€™s Sky?

I think a car that gets shattered after a heavy crash adds a lot to graphical fidelity of the game. PD understood that in GT5 (although still with limited damage) but abandoned the concept afterwards.
It certainly adds to the immersive fidelity, and I suppose impact damage is an opportunity to introduce more effects as well, so you could argue more immersive graphics = better graphics I suppose.

But to illustrate the point I was making, say you look at a real car in pristine condition and then you look at the same car again only it now has a big bash it it, the car doesn't look less realistic before the bash than after.

Graphics are the same if we're talking in consistent resolution, AA levles etc. But Yes, I wasn't looking at immersiveness as a factor which is a fair point.

Latest Posts

Back