Gran Turismo 7 Revealed for PlayStation 5

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,404 comments
In-car graphics comparison (colour corrected for better colour balance):

AURPriV.gif

Original version:

gMUEJIN.gif
thats little sad

The question is, this time PD did something about the GR.X class?

the 917K is a GR.X i guess, but they race against GR.3 cars in the trailer.
The same was done in the GT Sport trailer: The a lone R15 was shown ahead of GT3 cars at Nurburgring. The GT Sport spec II trailer shows the P1 GTR racing against the Pagani R. That's not possible in any mode but an online Lobby. So, hopefully, we'll see PD address this with cars in their proper class and the ability to race all cars together via Custom Race.

The same was done in the GT Sport trailer: The a lone R15 was shown ahead of GT3 cars at Nurburgring. The GT Sport spec II trailer shows the P1 GTR racing against the Pagani R. That's not possible in any mode but an online Lobby. So, hopefully, we'll see PD address this with cars in their proper class and the ability to race all cars together via Custom Race.
In GT6, Mark IV Race Car is rated at 588 PP, with R8 LMS Team Oreca just two PPs behind (586). So it could be a PP-based opponent selection.

I’m going to be the stick in the mud and point out how awful that render is.

The tearing and jagged edges of that 917 is pretty atrocious. Not to mention the downsampled livery.

Let’s also look at the “real-time” ray tracing. The refections in the mirrors looks like a very low 540p render.

Then look at the people, they look like PS3 characters.

I think, honestly, this whole trailer is a giant failure.

GT7 looks like a complete piece of crap.

7 effin years and this is what they have. Pure crap imo
It could be worse. It could be Forza with an XBOX that lasts up to 6 months before the red ring of death. I'm sure they've not tried to cut corners... I'm not sure why they would.

Shows you how good PD are as they’ve achieved greatness on a relatively old piece of hardware. Now they only need to up the resolution/detail.
Actually it looks like an old gen game textures and vegetation wise when you compare it even to a nearly indie game like Assetto Corsa Competizone, so i wouldn't say that they have achieved greatness especially with a powerful hardware like the ps5 (they didn't manage to remove the popup even with a super fast ssd in disposition)

NmQieP1.jpg

Assetto-Corsa-Competizione-Brands-Hatch-08.jpg

Last edited:
The question is, this time PD did something about the GR.X class?

the 917K is a GR.X i guess, but they race against GR.3 cars in the trailer.
There was a discussion in another thread earelier about the 917 v GT3 cars and beucase it's something we're unlikely to ever see in real life it's hard to imagine howt they would compete together so it can really skew out opinion of how fast one should be compared to the other. But I recall an old Top Gear episode comparing old race cars to modern road cars and there were a few cases where you expected the old race car to win at a canter but it lost.

This is prettyt much pasted from my post in the other thread but a 917/10 (which was a faster car than the 917 we've seen in GT7) lapped the Nordschleife in 7:23.8 in 1972. Modern GT cars tend to do it in around the 8 mnute mark but that includes the combined Nordschelife and Nurburgring layout. THe two layouts aren't comparable.

Le Mans is the same, the layout back then didn't have the chicanes to slow the cars down on the Mulsanne straight.

So could a modern GT3 car keep up with a 917? I don't know, but it's probably not as clear cut an answer as people might assume. I imagine the track might actually swing it one way or another, a tight twisty track could probably favour a modern GT3 car. But that really is an assumption.

More comparably a 917 racing for John Wyer Automotive Engineering in 1970 ran a qualifying lap of 1 min 30 at Brands Hatch GP. The Mercedes-AMG GT3 ran a 1 min 24 in the Blancplain GT at the same circuit, same layout in 2019. Obviousely the circuit has been updated in places, run off areas updated etc Albeit the layout does remain much the same. But it goes to show, it's not as clear as day that a 917 would beat a modern GT3 car.

What is the purpose of this insult? You are new to this forum but we treat each other with more etiquette than this.

You act as if he is personally offended you. Did you actually design the Gran Turismo games, that you should feel personally offended that he wasn't over the moon about it?

He merely said what he saw. He didn't criticize it. He just didn't rave about it.

This is a mature forum site and you may possibly be out of your depth.

Man, you're defensive. I was joking!! :lol: I LOVE forza. You don't need to take this so seriously. :cheers:

I think it's true that I shoulda made it more obvious though.

Actually it looks like an old gen game textures and vegetation wise when you compare it even to a nearly indie game like Assetto Corsa Competizone, so i wouldn't say that they have achieved greatness especially with a powerful hardware like the ps 5 (they didn't manage to remove the popup even with the super fast ssd of the ps5)

NmQieP1.jpg

The meaning of Work in Progress

So you're impling that this game is available right now? Need i remind you that all Gran Turismo games had never had the "Work in Progress" subtitle on an announcement trailer?
I was not talking about the full trailer, actually the part where it shows the Ui is amazing but they could have stopped there an not show the gameplay part at Trial Mountain with the Mazda VGT which is awful since it looks exactly the same as GTS

I was not talking about the full trailer, actually the part where it shows the Ui is amazing but they could have stopped there an not show the gameplay part at Trial Mountain with the Mazda VGT which is awful since it looks exactly the same as GTS

Its just GT Sport with abit of Ray-tracing

Hope the later builds will have new shaders, whole lot more detailed foliage... GT Sport Gameplay looked like GT6 when it was announced.

In GT6, Mark IV Race Car is rated at 588 PP, with R8 LMS Team Oreca just two PPs behind (586). So it could be a PP-based opponent selection.
Plus, in that demo, the RX-V is 4/16, but only 4 cars on track. The three cars in the demo, are pretty much the latest additions to the franchise. Even if it's PP based, placing a Car in a specific Group, still holds water.

Than don't show gameplay footage if the game is in this conditions...
forgive me but gtsport had been shown with a build, how to say, bad, it was like giving him a compliment.
Right now, however, we have a game that starts from an excellent base that will improve over time ... I don't understand what you are worrying about.
100% GT7 wasn't supposed to be revealed now, but surely sony pushed for it.
The important thing about this revelation is that we will have a full-fledged GT7 and to reassure people that we won't have a GTS2.

Last edited:
Actually it looks like an old gen game textures and vegetation wise when you compare it even to a nearly indie game like Assetto Corsa Competizone, so i wouldn't say that they have achieved greatness especially with a powerful hardware like the ps5 (they didn't manage to remove the popup even with a super fast ssd in disposition)

NmQieP1.jpg

@Jordan Please make sure PD notices this, we can't have a GT reduced in these conditions cmon...what are PD doing?

First part of the showcase (before actual gameplay) did look really good, raytracing was presented almost everywhere... but sadly second part of the showcase was basically GTSport graphics on Trial Mountain with new cars...

Now, this could mean two things... either they still didn't finish engine properly and are runing demo on GTSport engine (although I don't think they will have new engine for GT7, but rather updated/upgraded one), OR, they went with GTSport graphics in response to get even higher fps, more stuff on screen (aka more cars), DoT and weather effects...

But all this remains to be seen, it would be nice if they've keep 60fps with 1080/1440/2160p but with additional things like much much more cars in SP/MP...

And for God's sake, get rid of that all in one little disply on the right, give us separate minimap and car control UI and shift bar on some cars has no clue what it should do... :lol:

I’m curious to see how much of that fancy grass will be there on the PS4. I personally don’t care about grass. The lighting (shaders), reflections and color palette are more important.

I’m curious to see how much of that fancy grass will be there on the PS4. I personally don’t care about grass. The lighting (shaders), reflections and color palette are more important.
Yeah but GT7 is supposed to run on ps5 not on a ps4... guys let's be honest,every GT when they showed it, used to push the hardware to the max and blow us away with amazing visuals, this isn't what a GT should look like

I think the game is a lot less than a year away, because PD has been working on a new game for sometime.

I sure hope so. I am starting to get really hyped. GT6 was the one that made me abandon GT and I feel like this game is going to make me come back to the franchise. I'm just crossing my fingers that the game goes on Playstation Now. It's the only way I would be able to play it.

The red dots denoting tracks... Daytona and Trial Mountain are marked as NEW...so we assumed "new or returning anew to series".

But when clicked on to Trial Mountain a few race choices are shown (eg. Sunday Cup) with the far right choice being NEW !

So an idea...NEW means " you just recently unlocked this "... and many more red dots/tracks to be unlocked as you progress through the game... which explains the low track count.

Just a thought !

First part of the showcase (before actual gameplay) did look really good, raytracing was presented almost everywhere... but sadly second part of the showcase was basically GTSport graphics on Trial Mountain with new cars...

Now, this could mean two things... either they still didn't finish engine properly and are runing demo on GTSport engine (although I don't think they will have new engine for GT7, but rather updated/upgraded one), OR, they went with GTSport graphics in response to get even higher fps, more stuff on screen (aka more cars), DoT and weather effects...

But all this remains to be seen, it would be nice if they've keep 60fps with 1080/1440/2160p but with additional things like much much more cars in SP/MP...

And for God's sake, get rid of that all in one little disply on the right, give us separate minimap and car control UI and shift bar on some cars has no clue what it should do... :lol:

Just as I feel, perfect.

Does anyone think there is any chance that this is a day one launch title? It would be a first in the history of Gran Turismo

Highly unlikely. In fact, it is unlikely it is a 2020 title. If they had any confidence it would be ready this holiday, they would have said so. Just like the Spiderman game.

Back