Gran Turismo 7 Revealed for PlayStation 5

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,404 comments
Any road car can be bought second hand in real life. Some are obviously more common than others, but everything is out there at some point, even some a few months old and only 10% cheaper than new. Don't see why a game can't be the same, other than cars never sold, concept cars etc.

Classic cars could be placed in a special section specifically for those, it's unrealistic to buy a 1960s Ferrari from a regular used car dealer.

With race cars it's trickier, in real life many older race cars are made available and sold, but most are not. You'd have to get the right balance between realism and game friendly.

Isn't this a trait that has been present in previous GT game? GT4? "Legendary Cars/Classics"

Haven't played GT4 in years but yeah, I guess so. They could even do classic car auctions, but probably best to keep it to a single player thing rather than bidding against other people online and the issues that can arise from that.

If they're going to keep these fictional characters in the game they could have some of them bid against you for certain rare classics.

Last edited:
It'd be cool if for once used cars came with parts installed from the tuning shop in some cases or with certain damages you'd have to fix or balance with your budget.

That way you can have any car available used but not always in perfect conditions so they're bargains with a catch.

It'd be cool if for once used cars came with parts installed from the tuning shop in some cases or with certain damages you'd have to fix or balance with your budget.

That way you can have any car available used but not always in perfect conditions so they're bargains with a catch.

Yup, a "unique randomiser" could be applied to all cars. IIRC they used to do that before but only with mileage, so they could apply it to parts and even paint jobs/liveries. It'd make finding a used car much more fun.

Yup, a "unique randomiser" could be applied to all cars. IIRC they used to do that before but only with mileage, so they could apply it to parts and even paint jobs/liveries. It'd make finding a used car much more fun.
Say you buy a bargain 997 or something, but its heavily modified with race parts and the works and some wings. But its been abused and has like 300k on it and needs a heavy restoration, it'll run and race, but very poorly. Sounds like a cool idea to incorporate into a game like this even if you'll eventually go so far out of the budget for these that you'll only ever buy new cars.

Reminds me of NFS Porsche Unleashed used car dealership where you sometimes found a damaged car in its lineup, I think it would be a good addition for GT7

Reminds me of NFS Porsche Unleashed used car dealership where you sometimes found a damaged car in its lineup, I think it would be a good addition for GT7

that would be great. It would be even better if you could put your cars there so other players could buy them.

Haven't played GT4 in years but yeah, I guess so. They could even do classic car auctions, but probably best to keep it to a single player thing rather than bidding against other people online and the issues that can arise from that.

If they're going to keep these fictional characters in the game they could have some of them bid against you for certain rare classics.
Obviously not, old GTs are filled with all the old contents and formulas and they should not get nearly as many recognition as they are. I mean would you backpedal after it's informed that special section for classic cars suggesstion was done in old GT just because it's from old GT?

Not a good example to sell cars.... irl.

That's one of the ways I'd hope we'd get to "build" our own cars. Kaz mentioned that possible capability, around the Andretti race car debut.

Suggestions forum is filled with some great ideas. I'm still hoping I'd be able to fit the Gazoo Racing steering wheel, from the GR.4 86, to any Toyota/Lexus/Daihatsu car/truck.

Obviously not, old GTs are filled with all the old contents and formulas and they should not get nearly as many recognition as they are. I mean would you backpedal after it's informed that special section for classic cars suggesstion was done in old GT just because it's from old GT?

Not really sure what you're getting at to be honest. If you mean I'd be averse because it's something from the old games then not at all, good ideas are good ideas, I don't think they should be throwing everything away from the old games. I just believe there are many other aspects of the game that do need improving or replacing.

Sony had another Racing Studio until PS4 -> Evolution Games. I think it was a mistake to close them. They might had done with a Driveclub 2 a Forza Horizon for Playstation users.. Polyphone i cant really Imagine in Open world Games, they have the reputation for simulation racers, but why not

Last edited:
I loved Driveclub, and feel it was unfairly slated because it wasn't ready at launch and was pushed out in front of people half dressed after promising the earth. The graphics were really nice because 30fps but the physics were an excellent mix of arcade/casual sim - forgiving enough to learn quickly, but good driving is rewarded enough to be advantageous. I had a lot of good races there and on DriveClub Bikes (best bike racer I have played, often the same 10 or so people online every evening from a pool of 20 regular riders, but even with 2 or 3 of you racing close on bikes through mountain passes was incredible...wish PD would do a TT2). Shame these games were virtually ignored!

Including the aforementioned server disaster at launch for Driveclub, the most likely reason for Evo to be closed down was that some of their Motorstorm titles undersold. Or so I heard anyway. Even Driveclub dropped down in price not too long after launch.

So while it sucks, it does make sense on why they were closed down. You don't want to be constantly bleeding money on underselling bombs like that, do you?

DriveClub was free for PS Plus users though and it was meant to be a free flagship online racer there at launch to show how great the new PS4 world was. I don't think the goal was ever to make money directly.

I didn't think Motorstorm had undersold though, so that would certainly contribute. Shame that Sony didn't give the studio another chance, but I feel like the culture at Sony in the last decade has been to mostly err on the side of culling studios, perhaps because the number of studios they were funding had become bloated and only a few were raking it in like Naughty Dog and Insomniac and since the PS4 is THE place to be the 3rd parties do most of the work anyway.

DriveClub was free for PS Plus users though and it was meant to be a free flagship online racer there at launch to show how great the new PS4 world was. I don't think the goal was ever to make money directly.
It was a limited free version, though. Only a select amount of cars and tracks were available, IIRC. To access the rest, you'd have to pay.

Not to mention that the free version was delayed anyway, in order to not stress the servers further.

I'm loving the crusing, spirited driving, pulling up and parking. Wet, dusk, dawn, dry conditions, it feels good to be away from a circuit and just drive.

Sardegna, St. Croix, Tokyo and Bathurst would be good locations to have two-way traffic.
Now, what kind of vision Kaz would have for an open world games, that's another thing.

I'm loving the crusing, spirited driving, pulling up and parking. Wet, dusk, dawn, dry conditions, it feels good to be away from a circuit and just drive.

Sardegna, St. Croix, Tokyo and Bathurst would be good locations to have two-way traffic.
Now, what kind of vision Kaz would have for an open world games, that's another thing.
I’m assuming you participate in a lot of cop lobbies and or cruise/car meet lobbies because I do. :D

That's what I loved about Test Drive! You could just drive and go anywhere you liked without any reservations or obligations...

I would enjoy a GT spec'd open world game but Kaz has his hands so full with FIA and GT development that it wouldn't happen under his control.. which if he doesn't have control he probably wouldn't want it associated with his baby. Although it would be cool if they partnered up to market the game as Tokyo Extreme Racer. That way they can benefit the customization between the two over time and increase and build the car count to an appropriate size.

I would enjoy a GT spec'd open world game but Kaz has his hands so full with FIA and GT development that it wouldn't happen under his control.. which if he doesn't have control he probably wouldn't want it associated with his baby. Although it would be cool if they partnered up to market the game as Tokyo Extreme Racer. That way they can benefit the customization between the two over time and increase and build the car count to an appropriate size.
Open world was a reason for me to want the map menu back. I want the map menu to be used as the setting for open world
gran-turismo-7-ps5-screenshots-4k-31-800x450.jpg

Maybe Sony could get a license for Test Drive...

Maybe Sony could get a license for Test Drive...
There's already a new Test Drive in development, the easiest thing for Sony to do would be what Microsoft did with Forza and hand the franchise to another developer to make an open world game in tandem with PD making the traditional games.

However, if they did do that (and the odds they won't any time soon) I would hope they mix the open world formula up a bit. Forza Horizan is a bit stale now IMO. They need a way to make it more interesting, Test Drive Unlimited has hte get out the car and walk around your houses and garages etc. And a bit more besides driving, an open world Gran Turismo should create it's own hooks to differentiate itself from the crowd.

There's already a new Test Drive in development, the easiest thing for Sony to do would be what Microsoft did with Forza and hand the franchise to another developer to make an open world game in tandem with PD making the traditional games.

However, if they did do that (and the odds they won't any time soon) I would hope they mix the open world formula up a bit. Forza Horizan is a bit stale now IMO. They need a way to make it more interesting, Test Drive Unlimited has hte get out the car and walk around your houses and garages etc. And a bit more besides driving, an open world Gran Turismo should create it's own hooks to differentiate itself from the crowd.
This would probably alienate players, as players like open world for its freedom, but I think Gran Turismo's open world should encourage safe driving like what people usually supposed to do on road like obeying rules such as traffic light, speed limit, road lane, etc.

I loved Driveclub, and feel it was unfairly slated because it wasn't ready at launch and was pushed out in front of people half dressed after promising the earth. The graphics were really nice because 30fps but the physics were an excellent mix of arcade/casual sim - forgiving enough to learn quickly, but good driving is rewarded enough to be advantageous. I had a lot of good races there and on DriveClub Bikes (best bike racer I have played, often the same 10 or so people online every evening from a pool of 20 regular riders, but even with 2 or 3 of you racing close on bikes through mountain passes was incredible...wish PD would do a TT2). Shame these games were virtually ignored!

This game single-handedly got me back into racing games on consoles after a set departure to PC racing.

Now I say forget GT7, SONY listen up! Start producing a PS studios title called DriveClub 2, you know there is an loyal audience waiting for something fresh like the style of DIRT5 or Forza-esque racing style of games!

Back