Gran Turismo 7 Rumored as PlayStation 5 Launch Title

82092FF8-158B-44B9-8A84-678D5C86017D.png

You might be in the minority for that one. Do you want a repeat of GT6?
What happened with GT6? I know it launched a few months after the PS3, did it sell poorly?

With the PS5 being backwards compatible, they could release GT7 on PS4 and let people on both systems play it, that way they get the PS4 and PS5 sales plus the double dippers.

What happened with GT6? I know it launched a few months after the PS3, did it sell poorly?

With the PS5 being backwards compatible, they could release GT7 on PS4 and let people on both systems play it, that way they get the PS4 and PS5 sales plus the double dippers.
GT6 was released for the PS3 around the launch of the PS4. It sold less than GT5 Prologue, and nearly less than GT PSP. That is considered a failure in the aspect of the numbers of what Polyphony is used to putting up; possibly a big reason for them abandoning their promise of monthly content update (which we are now getting in GT Sport).

GT Sales.png

LINK

GT6 was released for the PS3 around the launch of the PS4. It sold less than GT5 Prologue, and nearly less than GT PSP. That is considered a failure in the aspect of the numbers of what Polyphony is used to putting up; possibly a big reason for them abandoning their promise of monthly content update (which we are now getting in GT Sport).

View attachment 814751
LINK
That 7.5m number is wrong. The article implied that player count is the overall sold copies which it isn't. We still don't know how much copies GTSport has sold at this point.

View attachment 814751
LINK
Alright, that does make my possibility much less likely. However, BC could increase some sales by basically having the game on two platforms, basically some Zelda BOTW scenario.

Still, even if it's PS5 only I'd much rather not have it at launch. Studios goes through tremendous crunch periods to get the product ready and that usually means postponing content, less polish or disappointement if they delay it (Driveclub). PD deserves time to get the game ready, we've known for a while that they already made the cars for Sport with 8k in mind so hopefully it won't take too long.

That 7.5m number is wrong. The article implied that player count is the overall sold copies which it isn't. We still don't know how much copies GTSport has sold at this point.
I did not say anything about GT Sport in that post, I just included the screenshot for sales data. Maybe take a read through my post?

Alright, that does make my possibility much less likely. However, BC could increase some sales by basically having the game on two platforms, basically some Zelda BOTW scenario.

Still, even if it's PS5 only I'd much rather not have it at launch. Studios goes through tremendous crunch periods to get the product ready and that usually means postponing content, less polish or disappointement if they delay it (Driveclub). PD deserves time to get the game ready, we've known for a while that they already made the cars for Sport with 8k in mind so hopefully it won't take too long.
Gran Turismo sales have never increased on the second full game on the same console.

and, PS5 is scheduled to be launched in March 2020... or November 2020... an 8 month window of uncertainty.
and, GT games have always been on time...
and, if bundled, how many young gamers will be joining Sport mode?

I mean, it would be great, and I'd go buy it... but no excitement/anticipation here.

I did not say anything about GT Sport in that post, I just included the screenshot for sales data. Maybe take a read through my post?

Gran Turismo sales have never increased on the second full game on the same console.
Which is why the game would also be available on the new console.

What if the FIA Championships were imported into GT7? Why MUST it stay on Sport?

At some point, the FIA championships will move on to the next game, yes. But 2020 already? I think it will stay where the player base is for the time being. And how many GT Sport players will jump in straight to PS5 as soon as it comes out? It could be an expensive console, judging by the latest tech talk by Mark Cerny.

If releasing a game after 5 years with the console on the market could be considered as a release title, then yes, GT7 will be a release title :D

Back