Gran Turismo 7 Soundtrack

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 137 comments
Yeah, Andoh has retired earlier this year. But Kaz also said MOtC will continue, so... either Andoh will still do a new version or Kasho will take over for him.

In fact, that's most likely why Kasho was at Nightbird: to do his own take on MOtC.

Yeah, Andoh has retired earlier this year. But Kaz also said MOtC will continue, so... either Andoh will still do a new version or Kasho will take over for him.

In fact, that's most likely why Kasho was at Nightbird: to do his own take on MOtC.
Daiki Kasho does rock music so i don't think can capture that feeling that MOTC gives, only a japanese Fusion Jazz artist like Satoshi Bandoh can do it (the guy is also the drummer of T-Square)

Last edited:
Do you guys think there will be remastered soundtracks to give that nostalgic atmosphere? As far as I know, GT Sport has 2 classic songs featured. The first one is obviously the GT League theme which is the soundtrack version of GT2's Arcade Mode theme (Windroad), then we got GT4's bronze prize theme when you achieve the same on GT Sport as well.

I see great potential for lots of remastered soundtracks for GT7, since PD is promising that "back to the roots" feeling.

Last edited:
I'd say there's a good possibility of the older themes making an appearance somewhere in the game. Remember GT6 had a remixed version of GT2's east city theme.

I'd say there's a good possibility of the older themes making an appearance somewhere in the game. Remember GT6 had a remixed version of GT2's east city theme.
Actually the one in GT6 was first found on GT4:

The GT2 version, was actually a remix of the GT1 Toyota dealer theme for the Japanese version of the game (the Western version was replaced by a techno soundtrack):

Something on recent GT Sport live streams caught my attention. They're using some never heard before songs to play along with the countdown right at the beginning. From 2018 to 2020 they used GT Sport menu songs on that part, this year they're coming up with some "new" songs.

I'm pretty sure you know where I'm going to. What if they're indirectly teasing some GT7 menu songs? I say this because it really sounds like modern GT menu music.

Take a listen here, it's played at the very first second.

Last edited:
Won't be uploading, but enjoying for sure!
White Cat Reaction GIF

Something on recent GT Sport live streams caught my attention. They're using some never heard before songs to play along with the countdown right at the beginning. From 2018 to 2020 they used GT Sport menu songs on that part, this year they're coming up with some "new" songs.

I'm pretty sure you know where I'm going to. What if they're indirectly teasing some GT7 menu songs? I say this because it really sounds like modern GT menu music.

Take a listen here, it's played at the very first second.

Yep those 3 songs are original. The Shazam app couldn't find any matches so they could be songs for GT7.

It's about time we get a new remix of MoTC. But Kaz tweeted earlier this year that T-Square's lead guitarist (Masahiro Andoh) has retired from the band, so I don't know if they will still be willing to make music for GT :(
It’s happening. ;)

Yeah, can we get a list of all the songs heard in the SoP?

Daiki Kasho's "SURV1V3" (sounds different, tho. Did he redo it?) and "Day to Live" are back, btw, as well as BMTH's MOtC remix appearing.

Daiki Kasho's "SURV1V3" (sounds different, tho. Did he redo it?) and "Day to Live" are back, btw, as well as BMTH's MOtC remix appearing.
Didn't he mention revisiting some tracks on Twitter awhile back? I'm gonna assume he had the chance to completely redo the mixing on some, maybe even redo the instrumental track recordings too so they sound better, and have better quality.

EDIT: Also, want to say I sincerely hope we can use the songs in Music rally and make a custom race playlist. I think GT5 had the ability to do something similar to that?
1643861707358.png

Last edited:

I'll update in a bit.

Sounds like a song from Nothing But Thieves. Definitely not anything they’ve ever released before, possibly an original for GT7. They are under the Sony label so…

Time stamped:

Hm, seems like this soundtrack is only for original music done by mainstream artists and is likely separate from the one on PSN. I don't see any familiar in-house artists like Daiki, so...
Yeah, we're close to release date. I'll update with a PlayStation link, most likely, when it drops. I pre-ordered the 25th deluxe, should have access to that as well.

Surely I can't be the only one that's like "who are these people?"... right?
I know Major Lazer is Diplo and some other dudes, and that's about it. I didn't mind some of the stuff I heard in the State of Play, so I will give it a chance. I'm just happy PD are getting some original tracks for the game produced instead of just a bunch of old stuff they licensed from Sony like in GT Sport.

I'm hoping the menu OST is the same, and don't stray too far away from their usual style everyone loves.

Run Boy Run is probably gone in this soundtrack and that was one of the only songs I liked sport. But I guess I can deal with its loss as long as these custom songs are good.

Last edited:
That Nothing But Thieves song sounds like a pretty decent bop, I hope there's a good selection of rock in the same vein as that. Might be the first time in a while I don't play Spotify over a game instead of the soundtrack.

Back