Gran Turismo 7 Tuning Shop & GT Auto

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 465 comments
If anyone's curious, it seems as of right now, only cars that have been turbocharged from factory can have an anti-lag system installed, which is pretty annoying.

I wonder if it's a bug or simply an intended feature...

Somebody a bood setup for the Porsche 911 GT3 (997) ‘09 under 700pp did a lot of tuning already but I drives horrible at the moment

Does anybody know what cars are able to equip roll cages or what the criteria may be to be able to apply them?

Was a little peeved to find that I couldn't put one on the Ford GT I just won. (Yes I know its a bit redundant as we have the Ford GT LM Spec II but I want to build my own personal race variant)
I also wanted to make the Audi TT LM from GT2 using the 3.2 TT Coupe but found that I couldn't install a roll cage on that either.. nor a diffuser.

I'm wondering what criteria they have in place to determine what cars can have these said parts and which can't. I mean it's still VERY early in the game so I don't expect to have everything day one and can't get mad, but I would still like to know some cars you all have tried to add roll cages to and couldn't. Will give me insight on what cars not to waste my Cr on right now. ( I'm one of the guys who like to build custom race cars or the guy who race modified everything back in the GT1 and GT2 days :lol:)

Last edited:
Does anybody know what cars are able to equip roll cages or what the criteria may be to be able to apply them?

Was a little peeved to find that I couldn't put one on the Ford GT I just won. (Yes I know its a bit redundant as we have the Ford GT LM Spec II but I want to build my own personal race variant)
I also wanted to make the Audi TT LM from GT2 using the 3.2 TT Coupe but found that I couldn't install a roll cage on that either.. nor a diffuser.

I'm wondering what criteria they have in place to determine what cars can have these said parts and which can't. I mean it's still VERY early in the game so I don't expect to have everything day one and can't get mad, but I would still like to know some cars you all have tried to add roll cages to and couldn't. Will give me insight on what cars not to waste my Cr on right now. ( I'm one of the guys who like to build custom race cars or the guy who race modified everything back in the GT1 and GT2 days :lol:)
Not sure about a criteria. Found I couldn't put a roll cage in the Boss Mustang.

Weight Reduction Stage 5.
1646920934040.png

And apparently only certain cars can be fitted with Weight Reduction Stage 4.
1646921027700.png

Has anyone got a list of cars (so far) that have quirky mods similar to the Mazda MX-5’s (Miata) front headlights getting vents?!

Also, on a related note, is anyone else annoyed by the fact that you can't change which section of the GT Auto shop you're looking at without going back to the world map?
Definitely. Kinda defies logic that when you want to go back one step and it brings you back two instead.. Annoying, but, it is what it is 🙃
Except for wheels, everything else matters and their tweaks also matter. Downforce, ECU map, even differential lock affects your PP. That's simply fantastic.
I agree, it especially makes a good challenge to limit the PP with a balance of power/weight/grip/downforce.. good ol' brain teaser lol 😖😅

But i noticed the wheels you choose do actually have a small effect on the PP, i was curious myself so i watched when i bought new ones and yep, small change ☺

A little reminder that you can find our database of Special parts like the Stage 5 Weight Reduction here:

Back