Gran Turismo 7 Tuning Shop & GT Auto

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 465 comments
I'm wondering if lightening the car alone, or adding ballast or adding specific parts, will change the PP.

I remember in Forza, fitting a set of chrome wheels added weight. If we can add a rear wing, that may add weight too. Especially a roll cage.

I'm hoping you can add/swap various forms of forced induction into any car, just like in Forza, such as turbo(s)/superchargers.

Another is that I hope brake upgrades and nitrous from GT6 also returns, and that you can also upgrade the electric motors/batteries on electric and/or hybrid cars.

Last edited:
I'm disappointed that the branding is fictional.

Also, they talk about the muffler being lighter than stock yet it doesn't change the weight specs of the car. Oversight I'm sure.
The actual branding HKS etc may be in the other categories like street, sports etc. As for the lack of weight update, I direct you to @Famine ’s post (#5) regarding torque and height!

I'm personally hoping for some interesting options aside from just pumping up horsepower numbers.

Personally, I'm really hoping for a spiritual successor to the RM mechanic, where you can take a road car, and get it modified into one of the made-for-game race cars, with the real-world race cars being available at the dealerships. You'd also need various homologation specials for the respective race car, such as for the Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 race car, or the Subaru WRX STI Gr.B rally car. This could also help to free up space when you're scrolling through cars at the dealership; the made-for-game racecars would be omitted from the dealership, as you'd instead obtain them through this system. You could even pick from more than one RM option if it's available, such as for the Hyundai Genesis Coupe - I suppose it's like how in Pokemon, some species have branched evolutions.

This could also apply to the made-for-game touring cars that are in the N-Series, like the Mazda Roadster. As an aside, given that they don't generally seem to adhere to the general power/weight figures of Gr.4/Gr.3, I think all the RM/Touring Cars from the PS3 era would end up in the N-Series, more akin to tuners than more formal racecars, and I wouldn't mind that, either. I also wouldn't mind if the various LM racecars from the PS2 era were left behind, if only so PD can focus on new made-for-game racecars that better-fit into Gr.4, Gr.3, and so on. In fact, I wouldn't even mind if just the Mazda Roadster Touring Car was the only RM/Touring Car that returned from the PS3 era, if it meant that the resources spent on updating the other models for the PS5 were allocated to updating or rendering more interesting models, like the Nissan R390 road car. But that said, even if the RM/Touring Cars from the PS3 era all end up in the N-Series as tuners, I think they could serve as fun ways to quickly tune/modify those models.

Last edited:
I'm personally hoping for some interesting options aside from just pumping up horsepower numbers.

Personally, I'm really hoping for a spiritual successor to the RM mechanic, where you can take a road car, and get it modified into one of the made-for-game race cars, with the real-world race cars being available at the dealerships. You'd also need various homologation specials for the respective race car, such as for the Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 race car, or the Subaru WRX STI Gr.B rally car. This could also help to free up space when you're scrolling through cars at the dealership; the made-for-game racecars would be omitted from the dealership, as you'd instead obtain them through this system. You could even pick from more than one RM option if it's available, such as for the Hyundai Genesis Coupe - I suppose it's like how in Pokemon, some species have branched evolutions.

This could also apply to the made-for-game touring cars that are in the N-Series, like the Mazda Roadster. As an aside, given that they don't generally seem to adhere to the general power/weight figures of Gr.4/Gr.3, I think all the RM/Touring Cars from the PS3 era would end up in the N-Series, more akin to tuners than more formal racecars, and I wouldn't mind that, either. I also wouldn't mind if the various LM racecars from the PS2 era were left behind, if only so PD can focus on new made-for-game racecars that better-fit into Gr.4, Gr.3, and so on. In fact, I wouldn't even mind if just the Mazda Roadster Touring Car was the only RM/Touring Car that returned from the PS3 era, if it meant that the resources spent on updating the other models for the PS5 were allocated to updating or rendering more interesting models, like the Nissan R390 road car. But that said, even if the RM/Touring Cars from the PS3 era all end up in the N-Series as tuners, I think they could serve as fun ways to quickly tune/modify those models.
Oh yeah, this is what I wish too, the fictional race cars being used as the Racing Modifications for the base cars, but are different cars. But the real existing race cars of a base car (like Super GT) should be kept separate, they only share the name with the base cars, but the road-going version are different enough to drive from the race spec versions. GT has done the inverse of this before, in GT5 there was an underused RM of only 17 cars, and then in GT6, those RM version of cars are made as a separate cars to buy (Corvette ZR1 LM Race Car '09).
And because RM didn't change the current horsepower much, return Quick Tune that, you can choose to tune the car to become Gr. 4, Gr. 3, Gr. 2, or Gr. 1 car (or even more choices like Touring version MX-5 have), where choosing any one of them buys/fits every parts that will turn the car's performance into that class.

Am I the only one who would be cautious about buying parts from a company called 'Understeer Engineering'? I don't want to have a date with tree/guardrail/ditch/cliff after installing those upgrades.
Calling it Oversteer Engineering would be equally as bad, but most cars are set to understeer naturally and you have to try to force them to oversteer. Oversteering in a corner will slow you down and possibly lead to a spin, but excessive understeer doesn't help either.

Race cars are often set up with a slight understeer bias as outside of very specific forms of motorsport oversteer (at least to a degree noticable to the most spectators) is usually unwanted. There is an element of driver preference that comes into it as well, some F1 drivers prefer a more oversteer biased setup but this is only fine margins, they still don't want the back end of the car sliding around.

Did you guys know that Atkinson Motor Technology brang us the borrowed cars for Sport Mode FIA races? :D

Attachments

• PS_Messages_20200911_125447.jpg
    PS_Messages_20200911_125447.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 76
This looks like heat haze in the background? Probably one of the most beautiful effect in GT3.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EjpTHciWAAM6qGr?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
Just noticed the tyre treads from this pic. Could be a semi-slick option. Michelin Sport Cup branding on the FIA tyres, might breed us Michelin road tyres as well.
Similar tread pattern to the tyres in the pic above.
images - 2020-10-07T054432.649.jpeg

On the topic of aftermarket parts:
Would be nice for the RE Amemiya parts to be available to the Spirit-R FD.

I feel like I nit pick the reveal trailer UI a lot. (Although I love the home map screen.)

I typically compare spec numbers vs price when I'm in tuning with any GT. Needing to go up and select a new tab to view the difference between a sport and racing exhaust seems...exhausting...
[The GT World map seems a very inefficient way to enter races to me as well but that's another topic.]

I feel like I nit pick the reveal trailer UI a lot. (Although I love the home map screen.)

I typically compare spec numbers vs price when I'm in tuning with any GT. Needing to go up and select a new tab to view the difference between a sport and racing exhaust seems...exhausting...
[The GT World map seems a very inefficient way to enter races to me as well but that's another topic.]
GT World map seems more like this from GT4 (just that it lists races too for convenience likely)
gran-turismo-7-ps5-screenshots-4k-36.jpg

GT World map seems more like this from GT4 (just that it lists races too for convenience likely)

Really hoping for this. Doing one race for Sunday cup and then searching the tracks to see which one has the next Sunday race would just be nonsensical.

Consolidating the parts into separate tabs by strength is still a poor UI move though IMO.

With Rupert saying he'll get the list of parts based on your experience, parts might be locked.
If all players are starting at "Beginner", I doubt we'll be able to afford Extreme parts. Players that buy special editions with extra Cr., might still be locked out of purchasing the upper performance parts.

With Rupert saying he'll get the list of parts based on your experience, parts might be locked.
If all players are starting at "Beginner", I doubt we'll be able to afford Extreme parts. Players that buy special editions with extra Cr., might still be locked out of purchasing the upper performance parts.
Entry are going to be unlocked from the start and then rest we are going to have to unlock?

Last edited:
Entry are going to be unlocked from the start and then rest we are going to have to unlock?

Big if true haha. But there’s no way to know at all since PD are impressively dedicated to keeping their fan base in the dark haha. (I would assume tabs that are locked would be grayed out or something to indicate as much tbh.)

If they implement the road blocks right it could work well and be fun. But as it stands now I’d prefer to just save up for the racing parts instead of forced to buy entry level stuff. I will admit that I do find recent titles have you abandoning your first car too quickly though, a more gradual progression would be nice for me. Sometimes it feels like one moment you’re racing for a new flywheel for your box and then the next you have 100 cars and are racing Super GTs around the circuit.

Maybe.

I'm only guessing because, why say he's getting the parts based on experience?

Let's say the game gifts cars after races like past games. We could sell those cars fo Cr. If a player is a beginner, high performance parts could be bought with enough money. However, if a player doesn't have enough experience, all the Cr. still couldn't buy them high performance parts. The player would have to Level up first.

Example:
We all start with 10,000Cr. Pick an AE86, Honda Fit RS or Silvia S13. Win a couple races. Get gifted a Lancer Evo IV. Sell the Lancer and get 6,000Cr. If all parts are available, the player could got to Extreme and buy a Turbo for their first car and(AI notwithstanding) dominate a few races.

I like that the tuning shop is sponsored by UE. I have several cars in GTS with them on my livery. If liveries port over it'll be nice to have Understeer Engineering parts in them.

I really hope Classic cars made before the mid 1970's can get their own unique selection of tires for realism. And no, I don't mean just a different visual appearance like in GT Sport - I mean making the tires have less grip, and having a more simple selection to them.

This is more or less what the tire selection for cars from the 1970's and older should look like.

Example:

Comfort (Bias Ply) Sport (Bias Ply)
CBB66-GOODYEAR-695-14-PC-78WW-Tbls-CBB66-700px.jpg
CC3E4-GOODYEAR-775-15-SPEEDWAY-BLUE-STREAK-RWL-B-S-700.jpg

Racing (Bias Ply)

CB4W1-GOODYEAR-G60-15-PG-GT-RWL-E-S-700.jpg

...oh yeah, and maybe even a whitewall option in the livery editor for the Comforts? That'll be neat.

I really hope Classic cars made before the mid 1970's can get their own unique selection of tires for realism. And no, I don't mean just a different visual appearance like in GT Sport - I mean making the tires have less grip, and having a more simple selection to them.

This is more or less what the tire selection for cars from the 1970's and older should look like.

Example:

Comfort (Bias Ply) Sport (Bias Ply)
CBB66-GOODYEAR-695-14-PC-78WW-Tbls-CBB66-700px.jpg
CC3E4-GOODYEAR-775-15-SPEEDWAY-BLUE-STREAK-RWL-B-S-700.jpg

Racing (Bias Ply)

CB4W1-GOODYEAR-G60-15-PG-GT-RWL-E-S-700.jpg

...oh yeah, and maybe even a whitewall option in the livery editor for the Comforts? That'll be neat.
Talking about tyres, it would be nice if we could also increase tyre size for road cars. Some cars just come with very small tyres that make them less competitive against other cars with bigger tyres, even though they have the means to keep up with them. Example - NSX-R '92, the car corners even slower than a Supra RZ, and is unable to keep up with RX7s and Skylines through technical sections, because of having smaller tyres.

Talking about tyres, it would be nice if we could also increase tyre size for road cars. Some cars just come with very small tyres that make them less competitive against other cars with bigger tyres, even though they have the means to keep up with them. Example - NSX-R '92, the car corners even slower than a Supra RZ, and is unable to keep up with RX7s and Skylines through technical sections, because of having smaller tyres.
Yes this would be also beneficial for drag racing . Wide tire in the rear skinnis front.

Don't know how elaborate PD will do this. The main screen could possibly add Tuner village.
images - 2020-10-22T055917.154.jpeg

If PD bring back the Mine's cars, I don't know if that would fit in Nissan and Mitsubishi. Same with TOM'S for Toyota.

Special models and parts, could no doubt be in their respective manufacturer/brand dealerships
images - 2020-10-22T055938.530.jpeg

images - 2020-10-22T055948.098.jpeg

With the initial mock up in the OP, the shop might house the non-mnaufacturer brands, that would normally be in the Tuner Village. I don't know.
images - 2020-10-22T060035.235.jpeg

Back