Gran Turismo 7 Tuning Shop & GT Auto

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 465 comments
Don't know how elaborate PD will do this. The main screen could possibly add Tuner village.
View attachment 966456

If PD bring back the Mine's cars, I don't know if that would fit in Nissan and Mitsubishi. Same with TOM'S for Toyota.

Special models and parts, could no doubt be in their respective manufacturer/brand dealerships
View attachment 966455
View attachment 966458

With the initial mock up in the OP, the shop might house the non-mnaufacturer brands, that would normally be in the Tuner Village. I don't know.
View attachment 966457
My example came from GT3, which had its own tuning shop menu, just like GT7's menu.
upload_2020-10-22_2-44-41.png

upload_2020-10-22_2-45-1.png

But actually next GTs like GT5 always had Tuner cars like Mine's or Tom's, they got treated as car brands like Toyota, Nissan, etc.

Last edited:
My example came from GT3, which had its own tuning shop menu, just like GT7's menu.
View attachment 966461
View attachment 966462

But actually next GTs like GT5 always had Tuner cars like Mine's or Tom's, they got treated as car brands like Toyota, Nissan, etc.
For sure. GT Sport have the BRZ drift car and Isle of Mann WRX, in the Subaru dealership.

I just don't know if the the main/home screen map, we see in the trailer(which is like GT4), is the final design.

I hope the option to add custom gauges to your interior would return. That was a pretty cool feature in GT6 that most games (even NFS) lack in terms of car modifications.
i17U4ErfaorL3RB.jpg

I hope it returns, but I would also want the addition of different steering wheels and maybe even a roll cage option like what Forza has had for years now.

I am really excited for the brake upgrades. In my opinion the brakes in GT SPORT don't feel strong enough
Lots of people don't know this, but your car automatically gets brake upgrades the more grip a tire has in GT Sport.

Last edited:
I'm definitely onboard for the steering wheels. I've mentioned elsewhere how I'd like to apply the Gazoo Racing steering wheel from the Gr.4 86 to other Toyota/Lexus/Daihatsu products. Same could be for the FuguZ steering wheel to be made available for Nissan cars. RE Amemiya steering wheel for Mazdas.

Last edited:
I don't like the Tuning shop, looks like a mess and should be simply organised like all the previous titles into different sections for Turbo, engine, suspension...
First, it looks like a cheap mobile game, a real person talking to you, fake brand...
I don't know why but I think a lot of the menus are placeholders. Even the race selection menu looks bad IMO...

Last edited:
I'm real curious about what's going to be under each tab. Especially the last two - could there be stuff like bodykits and stuff in there? And I also wonder what's meant with the "City" tab?

I'm playing FH4 and they've got a widen Front & Rear track option. I had wished we get wheel space a in GT, but I'll have that Forza option please! Plus, they've added a drift suspension set up that lowers the car even more than the race set up.

This game certainly needs a widen track option. Get those wheels out to the edge of the fender. The Muscle/Pony cars need this the most.

Well, the only upgrades I wants are Stage 4 Engines and Turbos, but for more, let's say, underpowered cars.

I'm real curious about what's going to be under each tab. Especially the last two - could there be stuff like bodykits and stuff in there? And I also wonder what's meant with the "City" tab?
Possibly some part that are "road legal"

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly some part that are "road legal"
Yeah, I'm definitely hoping we can create our own cars that wouldn't be out of place at SEMA or the Tokyo Auto Salon.

I hope the option to add custom gauges to your interior would return. That was a pretty cool feature in GT6 that most games (even NFS) lack in terms of car modifications.
i17U4ErfaorL3RB.jpg

I had no idea this was a thing! Then again, I didn't get around to GT6 - makes me all the more regretful that I didn't do it...

Last edited:
What sucks in GT Sport is that alot of road cars handle terrible in races and you can even modify them to improve them... Example the brakes on the sports or Supercars are terrible.

soft core regular maintenance on cars you use, would be such a great way to interact with your cars. Tire replacement, fuel costs, ( and maybe damage repairs, though this would be rather hardcore survival mechanic) for career mode, will encourage a strategic gameplay style.

It's a mockup probably change with final product.
This is something I hadn’t considered! I wonder if the name will change with car brand ie Nismo TRD etc. for the manufacturers that have tuning divisions, and ones that don’t will utilise Understeer?

I had initially commented that the basic ‘entry and city’ level uses AMT parts and subsequent levels use HKS, K&N etc. But as you say this is maybe simply a placeholder!

As a quick aside, I wonder what the limitations will be for upgrading Ferrari cars?

Just have a look at the interior parts throughtout the video.

It would beinteresting to add some data logger and digital displays to the dash. The different steering wheels as mentioned above and a rear view camera. The camera could replace navigation sysytems or just add one atop the dash.
Cars like the RCZ and Megane Gr.4 have the rear cameras activated. The Veyron Gr.4 is probably the most dramatic. However, options like that would be welcome additions to the parts shop.

Last edited:
Lots of people don't know this, but your car automatically gets brake upgrades the more grip a tire has in GT Sport.
That is not entirely true. I am pretty sure that in real life if you change out your existing tyres for ones with a lot of grip, your car will be able to stop in a shorter distance

Vehicle modification might play a large part in my decision of if I want the game at all, I'll have to keep an eye on how it plays out. The last racing game I played was Forza Motorsport 4, they obviously have a very nice system and effects.

I hope they add some Spoon and Mugen parts for honda cars,it would be amazing
They instead use fictional brand for tuning shop currently. Oh I'm longing for long time for the parts name to return to GT (picking GT3 because it has singular tuning shop like GT7 menu).

An example of a tuning name edit in GT7 UI and Interface fanart page, done by wagnerFAM98:
1625343351231.png

Last edited:
In addition to tuning parts, there should be tuning shops like Re-Amemiya where you can take an FD RX-7 and buy an upgrade package, converting it into an Re-Amemiya car. The acquisition process should mirror what takes place in real life for added authenticity. Re-Amemiya cars don't have unique serial numbers because they don't manufacture any cars. It's more of an external service so it shouldn't offer any vehicles in Brand Central.

Updated new photos. Removed old photos.

Take note of the engine condition. May see wear during the break-in period of a new car and the condition of Used Cars.
Wonder if this will also effect any cars gifted between players.

So far the GT Auto parts I've seen are removable rear wings/spoilers, both mild and wild modified stock wings, aftermarket wings, front air dams/splitters, side skirts, rear skirts and/or rear diffusers, visible exhaust tips, wheels with adjustable diameters and widths and offsets, and widebody kits.

That's a pretty comprehensive list, I'm impressed. I do not have high hopes for broad implementation however - while the aftermarket for an R33's rear wing is broad, the aftermarket for a Mustang or Viper is not, or at least isn't in the context of functional amateur tuning and time attack. For PD to either model real parts or model custom parts for all these cars the amount of work would be insane. But I guess we'll fine out. It's still 6 months away and a lot of work can be done within that time. I'll be plenty happy with what I've seen so far so if they reach or go beyond that I'll be very impressed.

This new iteration of GT Auto is very exciting indeed. The livery editor in GT Sport was nice and did offer a degree of personalisation, but it wasn't enough in my opinion. Body mods and tuning parts really allow you to make your car your car and GT7 has taken it to a new level. I can't wait to explore the possibilities.

So far the GT Auto parts I've seen are removable rear wings/spoilers, both mild and wild modified stock wings, aftermarket wings, front air dams/splitters, side skirts, rear skirts and/or rear diffusers, visible exhaust tips, wheels with adjustable diameters and widths and offsets, and widebody kits.

That's a pretty comprehensive list, I'm impressed. I do not have high hopes for broad implementation however - while the aftermarket for an R33's rear wing is broad, the aftermarket for a Mustang or Viper is not, or at least isn't in the context of functional amateur tuning and time attack. For PD to either model real parts or model custom parts for all these cars the amount of work would be insane. But I guess we'll fine out. It's still 6 months away and a lot of work can be done within that time. I'll be plenty happy with what I've seen so far so if they reach or go beyond that I'll be very impressed.
I actually hope there will be Racing Modification but dunno. The side skirt or such are something seen in GT5 too with the Aero Kits.

I actually hope there will be Racing Modification but dunno. The side skirt or such are something seen in GT5 too with the Aero Kits.
I kinda have a feeling they will have RM, but it will just be the option to upgrade the car to it's Gr.4 counterpart if the option exists

Back