Gran Turismo 7 Tuning Shop & GT Auto

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 465 comments
Australia
Australia
This thread, is about performance enhancing tuning parts applicable to all cars. Parts applicable via GT Auto, may also be found here.
Check the Livery and Engine swap threads, for those creations and conversions.

”official” brembo brakes become partner of the Gran Turismo series calipers available in eight colors
  • depending on the car, roll cages and even a wide body kit with overfenders can be installed.
  • wheel diameter, rim width and offset options; 130 different types of wheels
  • custom aero parts can be applied to front, sides and rear of vehicle, independently
  • over 650 aero parts
  • “There are more than 60 tuning parts prepared for each car in the game.”
  • engine swaps performed in Car Maintenance & Service
  • ‘Toyo Tires Proxes’ has been added to ‘Customize Cars’ > ‘Livery Editor’ > ‘Race Options’ > ‘Tire Stickers’.
1684954116177.jpeg

1684954044838.jpeg

Attachments

• D8B787CD-EBFC-4825-865C-D7CDF7E0D7F2.jpeg
    D8B787CD-EBFC-4825-865C-D7CDF7E0D7F2.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
I'll take it with a grain of salt, "20ft-lb" of torque, is a typo.

Anyway, many of us will be spending much time and Cr. in this location of the game.

Interesting that Atkinson Motor Technology and Understeer Engineering are displayed. Whether these are "AMT" generic parts and maybe other aftermarket brands have their own "shops", we'll find out. I'm excitied for this. Means, our cars will be stock standard from the UCD and Brand Central.

"Entry, City, Sports, Racing, Extreme" levels of tuning parts.

Entry looks self explainatory. City raises an eyebrow. Could that involve touge type parts, wider wheels, lightening of the vehicle? I believe we're for some awesome goodies this time.

I wonder if the "I'll fetch the appropriate part list based on your experience level" means you need to meet a driver level requirement to tune a car up to certain level. So extreme tunes might have nitrous and engine swaps but be limited to end game when you've cleared most events.

It could also be a return of a mileage point type system so each car has experience levels.. doubt it though.

Thinking more about it, the distinction between tuning levels makes me believe that offline and/or online will have tuning restrictions based on those categories.

Also please Extreme mean something like racing modifications.
I think Racing is for that...

Extreme could be similar to Time Attack modifications. There are some crazy wing additions on those in the World Time Attack events. Also, hill climb events. If Pike's Peak is in, players could make some wild creations. Hey, Kaz mentioned, around GT6, we may be able to build our own cars.

I'm enormously excited to see 5 tiers of upgrades for each part vs the 3 max we had before. I'm curious to see if we'll have several best-in-slot options that will let us further optimize cars for our driving style (ex. optimizing torque vs hp, or even different tire characteristics beyond just more grip/less grip).

One pet peeve of mine is that they should actually put the name of your car's tuning shop instead of "Understeer" like in GT3 (ex: Toyota car will got "TRD")

Thinking more about it, the distinction between tuning levels makes me believe that offline and/or online will have tuning restrictions based on those categories.

Also please Extreme mean something like racing modifications.
Probably not but as for GT5, Racing Modifications is a part of GT Auto... but the first 2 gamed had it on the tuning shop though. But for sure extreme are the parts that gives you the 930hp GTO GT1 has... that's pretty extreme by default.

ECU contains the engine upgrade parts now?
Do you have a screen shot of that?

One pet peeve of mine is that they should actually put the name of your car's tuning shop instead of "Understeer" like in GT3 (ex: Toyota car will got "TRD")
I'm sure we'll get more detail on this. We were able to buy parts from the manufacturer. So, if this were in Brand Central, the Parts may be Gazoo Racing or TRD. It's possible it becomes generic, when buying from the "Shop".

I'm sure we'll get more detail on this. We were able to buy parts from the manufacturer. So, if this were in Brand Central, the Parts may be Gazoo Racing or TRD. It's possible it becomes generic, when buying from the "Shop".

Well, if the manufacturer menu has their own tuning menu which can be redundant (GT3 also has separate tuning shop like GT7 seems here). I'm glad though GTS brings back the manufacturer menu just like GT1/2/4 (standard, VGT, museum instead of GT1/2/4's new, used/legendary, events, etc.), so it may be possible.

Well, if the manufacturer menu has their own tuning menu which can be redundant (GT3 also has separate tuning shop like GT7 seems here). I'm glad though GTS brings back the manufacturer menu just like GT1/2/4 (standard, VGT, museum instead of GT1/2/4's new, used/legendary, events, etc.), so it may be possible.
I get you, but I can't recall if parts cost more from the manufacturer. Say, were we only able to upgrade the Skyline engine displacement, from Nissan/NISMO? Might have been in GT2.

Is there a new tire class coming to GT7 asides from Comfort, Sport, and Racing? Where will it fit, and what tuning class will it belong to? Entry?

Is there a new tire class coming to GT7 asides from Comfort, Sport, and Racing? Where will it fit, and what tuning class will it belong to? Entry?
Unless Michelin have helped PD replicate tubed and bias-ply tyres, no other compounds have been revealed as yet.

Race cars have been shown. Those, most likely, will have Race(slicks) tyres.

No play gt since 3 (ok of course i tried sport, but you know what I mean). So, wasn' that part called engine or somethng?
This example is in the "Entry" selection of tune. It's possible more engine upgrades are available in the next levels/states of tune.

GT6

GT5

I just thought of something and it has me extremely excited for turbo/supercharger kits more than ever = the upgraded audio. Considering how turbo cars sound in GT Sport, if they apply those effects when you install the turbo kit in GT7, it'll be amazing. Hopefully they add supercharger whine too.

Last edited:
Would be cool if you could install hybrid motors (like the FT-1 and LF-LC) and DRS (Isle of Man STI) in the extreme category. They're already coded in GT Sport - shouldn't be hard to translate to a new system. Maybe they can even give them the same characteristics as the VGT cars.

Rare to see, but a front wing upgrade would be absolutely bonkers. Imagine turning your Copen into a time attack monster or a one-off rally car. Even better if there's a hill climb event.

Extreme modifications would definitely spruce up Time Trials.
Maybe the option of having all wheels from all cars returns. Fitting Group C rear wheels to a wide body car or tubed rear for Muscle car drag set up. I don't know.

Extreme could be something like the Rad Bull, Ken Block machines and other extreme drift type set ups.

Last edited:
Back