Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.15 is Now Available, Adds Suzuki Vision GT, New Cafe Menus, Races, Online Time Trials, Image Export & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 314 comments
This update shows once again what PD is all about. The gamers are not. Then you wait for an update and what comes out? A joke. They don't seem to care about the lobby at all. As if 3 new cars and 3 new cafe missions would make the game better. It was surprising that they listened and reacted with the credits. But now their ears seem to be closed again. Sad!

Anyone else experiencing not being able to save car styles?
CE-221003

Attachments

• Gran Turismo® 7_20220527153601.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20220527153601.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 11
Ok let's say for the sake of argument that they are holding content back. That's pretty much the case I'm sure for most racing titles nowadays. Legends and H5 probably have content already completed but are releasing it on a monthly/quarterly basis.
It's good business sense and it keeps gamers anticipating what's coming next. I quite like it. Also, I believe that if they shipped the game 'complete', people may be excited with the content for a little while longer but then they'd get bored very quickly because that's the nature of the world we live in.

Then, new DLC would need to be charged for. Many would complain saying they had already paid $70, that should entitle them to unlimited future DLC for ever and ever, amen and what's this greedy PD bs etc. Nothing is free in this world.
PD doesn't owe anybody anything. At the end of the day, Kaz wants to share his ideas and passion with the world. Like many artists, he doesn't want to compromise on his work and all credit to him.
That would only be acceptable if the full price game was released with enough content to begin with... which GT7 was not.
If the game was released with an acceptable amount of content, no one would be complaining about this...

Last edited:
Four times in a row, the AI takes me out at Le Mans. 3 laps to go and I stay out of the way, on the banks and the AI still search and destroy. Doing a no stop and 25 seconds behind the leader. Tryin‘ to keep a brotha down!

Finished all 3 Menu Book pages - overall extremely enjoyable races.

They reworked the weather radar and doubled the max radius - did not catch that in the patch notes - nice!
Now I just wish they would let us look at the weather before even starting the race.

1.15 seems to have bought some performance improvements as well. 99% sure there is less pop in in Le Mans.
I noticed some lightning and textures improvements as well in the last update

Last edited:
To whom it concerns:

View attachment 1154623

Put it also in this thread as it is more active. You can also see here an already specific topic on this low FFB on certain wheels: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/update-1-15-has-rooted-the-wheel-force-feedback.409044/page-4
Sounds like an cheap excuse for the bug.
Exactly. I guess I am "lucky" my bottom-of-the-line G29 isn't cool enough to be effected.

Hey PD, I could roll my ankle walking to my PS5... can you send me some bubble-wrap shoes please?

Give me a break.

PD team are so incompetent . They are turning this game so strange , fixing not necessary things , braking others things that are working already well ..... they don't care at all.
They are not even fix the most simple thing . Ghost replays. Why saving your fast lap replay if you don't able to load it to race your own replay ????
Bad team and worst GT updates ever !!!:(
I understand your frustration. PD is doing everything - accidentally or not, doesn't matter - to kill the fun in Gran Turismo.

The frustrating flaws are known I wont tepeat them here. But - I am still on a PS4 since I refuse to buy from eBay scalpers and ... I made the decision NOT to buy a PS5 and not to upgrade.

If it does not hit Sony and PD at their bottom line, they will never understand, that they no one will pay more for sheer frustration ...

I never thought I would write something that harsh on Gran Turismo and honestly, I don't care if some fan boys throw poop emojis at me, I play Gran Turismo since version 2, I can back up what I say.

I made the decision NOT to buy a PS5 and not to upgrade.
If you'd only buy a PS5 to play GT7 and nothing else Sony is probably actually happy about you not doing it as consoles are usually sold at a loss by manufacturers. They make money through the games and accessories.

Was there any advance notice of this before they rolled it out?

Judging from the anger spilling out on to these pages and elsewhere, it doesn't appear so...
No they didn't say anything before the update and the problem I think they are talking about is present on every wheel, it probably is worse on the better wheels though. My wheel can shake very violently when under 10mph or at stupid high speed like with the Tomahawk and I only have a T150 with torque at 4 so I doubt this fix even helps anything. :(

:gtplanet::cheers:

If you'd only buy a PS5 to play GT7 and nothing else Sony is probably actually happy about you not doing it as consoles are usually sold at a loss by manufacturers. They make money through the games and accessories.

I understand that, an upgrade would include Gran Turismo for PS5 and in the end of the day PD has to present sales numbers to Sony.

The end of the day PD has to present sales numbers to Sony.
Just a quick reminder and not trying to move the discussion elsewhere, but PD isn't distributing the game, SIE is doing it, and they're in charge of presenting sales number to Sony.

Just a quick reminder and not trying to move the discussion elsewhere, but PD isn't distributing the game, SIE is doing it, and they're in charge of presenting sales number to Sony.

Correct, and when sales suck, SIE is coming back to PD ...

I also do not want to move this discussion from the original point. Quite a bunch of well-known long time
GT-contributors ( like @praiano63 ) are frustrated, and that should ring a bell at PD.

Quite a bunch of well-known long time GT-contributors ( like @praiano63 ) are frustrated, and that should ring a bell at PD.
Yeah i've been told about that unfortunately, even GT Pro drivers are criticising the game.

You REALLY need to screw things up in order to get some of your most important players, the same that you included in your game to honour them against you.

Last edited:
That would only be acceptable if the full price game was released with enough content to begin with... which GT7 was not.
If the game was released with an acceptable amount of content, no one would be complaining about this...
That's just a personal opinion. For me, it was released with enough content. Others may well disagree but I have played the game on and off for nearly 3 months and still have plenty to do. Haven't touched the Circuit Experience yet, no where near completed the Missions, still haven't got IA and Super License, haven't tried Drifting, Time Trials or Custom Races.
Probably have around 95 cars out of 430.

Ok let's say for the sake of argument that they are holding content back. That's pretty much the case I'm sure for most racing titles nowadays. Legends and H5 probably have content already completed but are releasing it on a monthly/quarterly basis.
Yes, and I hate it in Forza Horizon 5 too! But at least those devs have the decency to communicate their plans for the game and add a few hours worth of stuff to do per week. It sucks, and I wish they never did hold the cars back, but they did.

However, it's only cars that have been held back. The rest of the game released content complete, though a buggy mess. And I complained about that on their forums too! But there's still plenty to do. Player-made content is just as good for progression as the stuff the devs made. You can make your own races with the Blueprints. You can even make your own circuits with props, and more props are added in almost every update. There are no cars that simply have no races to do, because the game will always pick AI cars that should be competitive for you.

Yes. FH5 held cars back. But it's not lacking in stuff to do.
It's good business sense and it keeps gamers anticipating what's coming next.
I'm dreading every update. What will they break this time? How disappointed will I be with the new races? Sure, it's good "business sense" but I truly do not give a single **** about Polyphony's profit. I don't buy games because I want some rich guy to get richer. I want a fun game.
Then, new DLC would need to be charged for. Many would complain saying they had already paid $70, that should entitle them to unlimited future DLC for ever and ever, amen and what's this greedy PD bs etc. Nothing is free in this world.
And if they release a complete game, they're free to release paid DLC later! I only wish Sony would drop the $70, they were not hurting for profit. It's just greed.
PD doesn't owe anybody anything.
They owe us a game worthy of the $70 or more we spent on it. They haven't delivered.

The cars was not exactly mindblowing in this update, but i still think the menu books added a lot of value, this update still being an improvment over last month update, hopefully they can keep running out those menu books, and maybe a new track next month, seems like logical to have bigger update next month, but i still don’t expect more than 5 cars at most, but with new track and more menu books it can still be pretty good

That's just a personal opinion. For me, it was released with enough content. Others may well disagree but I have played the game on and off for nearly 3 months and still have plenty to do. Haven't touched the Circuit Experience yet, no where near completed the Missions, still haven't got IA and Super License, haven't tried Drifting, Time Trials or Custom Races.
Probably have around 95 cars out of 430.
sorry I don't mean to be rude but you make it clear that the reason you think of the game as being more than fine is because you've barely played it compared to other people. I do not have that much time to play, dad to a 9 month old, job, renovations, a load of typical responsibilities of someone nearly 30, but I've already done absolutely everything and could have done everything two times over easily if I hadn't started playing much less due to how dire and the poor amount of content the game has.

Last edited:
No they didn't say anything before the update and the problem I think they are talking about is present on every wheel, it probably is worse on the better wheels though. My wheel can shake very violently when under 10mph or at stupid high speed like with the Tomahawk and I only have a T150 with torque at 4 so I doubt this fix even helps anything. :(

:gtplanet::cheers:
I think this is another example of inexplicably poor communication from PD and/or Sony.

I can't understand why it is so hard to explain things better to people. Instead, they do something completely out of the blue with no word of explanation, and then leave it until after they have caused a furore among their customers to explain what they've done.

Now, at least that is better than no communication at all, but couldn't they have at least warned people that the forthcoming update is effectively going to remove a major feature of the game for a lot of people (FFB) and explain why that is, before they actually do it? Sure, it would still likely upset people either way, but at the very least it would not leave absolutely everyone scratching their heads and wondering what on Earth was going on.

And it's not like the debacle with the 1.07 update where the issues caused caught PD themselves unawares - they obviously knew it was a problem in advance of the update, so it's hard to explain why they decided not to bother telling anyone about it.

PD most certainly do owe the players something. Starting with an explanation around why they felt it necessary to flat out lie about the game and it features pre release. I also think it can't hurt for PD to release some sort of roadmap like EVERY other live service game especially considering that they insist on drip feeding completely baffling updates that hinder more than they help. Keeping the players in the dark about everything is beyond ridiculous.

PD have burned many, many people with the garbage that they are pulling. The are getting well deserved push back from the fans that he clearly give no ****s about.
Ok, what things did they lie about? They didn't claim that all features would be available from day one. Just that the game will receive future updates.
I quite like how these silhouettes are teased. It's something original and different from the standard "here is exactly what you will be getting in April, followed by this in May" etc.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but just because a forum with a bunch of pissed off people exists, doesn't mean you have to be pissed off too.

About a month or so ago I realized this and since then I only check this site to see when any new updates are coming out and I completely quit the GT subreddit once I realized I was arguing with literal children. Just because a bunch of people are up in arms about a video game doesn't mean you need to be too.

If you take a break like I did and come back to this place a month later nothing changes, you'll see the exact same users still complaining about the same exact things. I don't understand how people find the energy to stay pissed off for so long without putting it down and coming back later.

But I'd also point out that it serves a purpose. PD does seem to be listening to the people who are pissed about the state of the game and actually addressing people's complaints and improving the game (albeit very, very slowly). So at the end of the day people like you and I, who have other things to do besides be pissed off over a video game, end up with a better game.

The way I see it, the complaints are helping things a long, but you also don't have to engage with them. Remember this game came out 3 months ago, these people have been pissed off since launch, there's nothing anyone can say to make them feel better.

Don't fall into the pit of anger if you're happy with the game. Don't waste your energy, PD and Sony don't need to be defended, and just sit back and wait for the next update. Let them be pissed off for your benefit.
Oh, I'm not mad or angry. It seems like we are on the same page except I have not been staying away from this forum (I don't do Reddit). It is just tiresome to try to read a thread for its content and keep having to read past all of the complainers. Eventually, my cup runneth over and it spilled out into my post.

Cup is empty again!

sorry I don't mean to be rude but you make it clear that the reason you think of the game as being more than fine is because you've barely played it compared to other people. I do not have that much time to play, dad to a 9 month old, job, renovations, a load of typical responsibilities of someone nearly 30, but I've already done absolutely everything and could have done everything two times over easily if I hadn't started playing much less due to how dire and the poor amount of content the game has.
Pete, not being funny but if you have all those responsibilities and you have other hobbies and you've done absolutely everything, kudos to you. You must either be a hell of a driver or you have been glued to the screen for nearly 3 months just playing GT7 🤣

Back