Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.23 Now Available: Adds New Cars, Menu Books, Races, and Scapes

• Thread starter Famine
  • 805 comments
Gt7 revenue on release was good, thats the only thing that matters.

No one at Sony or PD is wasting a thought on this game anymore.

The patches consist of content that had been created before release and was intended as DLC. Then the bad publicity happened. PD decided to abandon the game, because fixing it would be too costly (fixing a 2022 game for the ps4? Certainly not). So instead they are slicing up that season DLC, call it "patches" and thats it. Zero cost, zero investment. Thats why there are no real improvements on the game, and never will be.
The Gran Turismo franchise is currently undergoing its biggest period of investment (historically) from Sony. Titles like GT7 will generate revenue throughout it’s lifespan. With August being one of it’s biggest months at retail & digital.

There is some understandable frustration at current monthly DLC practices. But we know the schedule/content plans, indicating they’ve been in place since launch. For an opening 6 months (let’s say upto Christmas) it all seems perfectly reasonable. The biggest gripes being a lack of events & selling cars feature. Which we know is being actively worked on.

I’ve outlined previously what I believe Sony/PD likely have planned in the coming months & years. GT7 Spec 2.0, paid DLC (IE Hamilton TT), movie tie-in, PSVR2, PC, PS+ Game Library. In addition to the monthly updates.

We’ll have to sit back and see how that all pans out. I don’t see GT8 arriving until early ‘25. Maybe GT7 Spec 2.0 could have further PS5 only technical improvements? Any PSVR2 integration would of course be PS5 only.

The Gran Turismo franchise is currently undergoing its biggest period of investment (historically) from Sony. Titles like GT7 will generate revenue throughout it’s lifespan. With August being one of it’s biggest months at retail & digital.

There is some understandable frustration at current monthly DLC practices. But we know the schedule/content plans, indicating they’ve been in place since launch. For an opening 6 months (let’s say upto Christmas) it all seems perfectly reasonable. The biggest gripes being a lack of events & selling cars feature. Which we know is being actively worked on.

I’ve outlined previously what I believe Sony/PD likely have planned in the coming months & years. GT7 Spec 2.0, paid DLC (IE Hamilton TT), movie tie-in, PSVR2, PC, PS+ Game Library. In addition to the monthly updates.

We’ll have to sit back and see how that all pans out. I don’t see GT8 arriving until early ‘25. Maybe GT7 Spec 2.0 could have further PS5 only technical improvements? Any PSVR2 integration would of course be PS5 only.
As you have zero evidence to back this all up, this reads like a fantasy novel.

There is no evidence they are working on the lack of events, the selling feature, spec2, paid DLC, PC or GT8 at all.

Last edited:

There is no evidence they are working on the lack of events, the selling feature, spec2, paid DLC, PC or GT8 at all.
What? You don't think that a kid from the United Kingdom has all the up to date info on a company in Japan that basically has no outside communication whatsoever? We should be so grateful that at least he's sharing all these exclusive insider details with us.

What? You don't think that a kid from the United Kingdom has all the up to date info on a company in Japan that basically has no outside communication whatsoever? We should be so grateful that at least he's sharing all these exclusive insider details with us.
Yeah my bad.

Where is this information from? Who are the 'we' who know the "schedule/content plans"?

"I’ve outlined previously what I believe Sony/PD likely have planned in the coming months & years." So is all this above just your speculation without any supporting knowledge or inside information?

Clarification please, as I have missed where any of the above has been mentioned before.

It makes me laugh, when people say we should be happy because we are getting free updates, we aren’t all the cars and tracks that added via updates, should have already been in the game, when game launched. In a nutshell players have already paid for any content given in updates or any forth coming updates. I have played all Gt games, and this game is a shambles.

I responsded to a post stating Sony & PD had already moved on from GT7. No further investment and piecemeal releases of completed content. Clear nonsense with real world evidence to demonstrate that.

Many don’t follow what’s happening with the franchise or industry. There’s evidence of new car & track content. Sophy integration with Missions. Dev work to sell cars is feature complete. PSVR2 tests added in recent builds. That’s if people don’t want to take Kaz’s own words at face value about “additional content, race events and features”.

Gran Turismo as a franchise has a history of multi-year support. GT7 is the first since GT5 to release early in the console lifecycle. Spec 2 makes sense. Not just for content, but PS5 & PSVR2 optimisation.

Sony’s strategy is also clear. They’re bringing their biggest franchises to movie & TV screens. Backed by investment in the titles. While making them available to a wider audience on PC & PS+.

I’d welcome some compelling counter arguments. I get the impression some can’t separate their disappointment with current updates and possible future plans.

Who are the 'we' who know the "schedule/content plans"?
There’s been 7 months of GT7 DLC. All followed the same three car (other than Dior bonus) plan, with tracks/variations, coming every other month. I’ll be genuinely surprised if October doesn’t follow with an all new track.

Last edited:
Anyone else not getting there daily mileage roulette ticket. After the update i haven't got any, I do the mileage and don't get the ticket.

Now they need to fix my daily roulette gifts.
Since the update I've only received 5 star daily tickets, which is an upgrade for me. 🤷‍♂️

Since the update I've only received 5 star daily tickets, which is an upgrade for me. 🤷‍♂️
Oh, I’m saying this part of the hemisphere aren’t receiving our tickets. Seems due to DST. It’ll probably come good tomorrow.

Last edited:
I responsded to a post stating Sony & PD had already moved on from GT7. No further investment and piecemeal releases of completed content. Clear nonsense with real world evidence to demonstrate that.

Many don’t follow what’s happening with the franchise or industry. There’s evidence of new car & track content. Sophy integration with Missions. Dev work to sell cars is feature complete. PSVR2 tests added in recent builds. That’s if people don’t want to take Kaz’s own words at face value about “additional content, race events and features”.

Gran Turismo as a franchise has a history of multi-year support. GT7 is the first since GT5 to release early in the console lifecycle. Spec 2 makes sense. Not just for content, but PS5 & PSVR2 optimisation.

Sony’s strategy is also clear. They’re bringing their biggest franchises to movie & TV screens. Backed by investment in the titles. While making them available to a wider audience on PC & PS+.

I’d welcome some compelling counter arguments. I get the impression some can’t separate their disappointment with current updates and possible future plans.

There’s been 7 months of GT7 DLC. All followed the same three car (other than Dior bonus) plan, with tracks/variations, coming every other month. I’ll be genuinely surprised if October doesn’t follow with an all new track.
If the game had been a PS5 exclusive, I believe all the content currently in game and more, would have been in the game at launch. It has a bare bones single player campaign, and i do believe the staff have moved on from this game, we will get drip fed content, over next year or so, when the content drops every month, which we all paid for when we brought the game 6 months ago. I believe content was taken out, to prolong the game via updates. Before the game was launched i got rinsed on here for having the opinion that all this game would turn out to be is GT Sport 2, which is all it is. When the updates drop each month, the is no structure to the cars added or even tracks or variations of tracks. Also what was the point of Music Rally ?, and now since Saturday, every time i finish a single race, the game crashes. PD and Sony should be ashamed for releasing this shambles of a video game, and yes it is only a video game, a bit of escapism, but with the amount of posts on this forum, People aren’t happy.

If the game had been a PS5 exclusive, I believe all the content currently in game and more, would have been in the game at launch. It has a bare bones single player campaign, and i do believe the staff have moved on from this game, we will get drip fed content, over next year or so, when the content drops every month, which we all paid for when we brought the game 6 months ago. I believe content was taken out, to prolong the game via updates. Before the game was launched i got rinsed on here for having the opinion that all this game would turn out to be is GT Sport 2, which is all it is. When the updates drop each month, the is no structure to the cars added or even tracks or variations of tracks. Also what was the point of Music Rally ?, and now since Saturday, every time i finish a single race, the game crashes. PD and Sony should be ashamed for releasing this shambles of a video game, and yes it is only a video game, a bit of escapism, but with the amount of posts on this forum, People aren’t happy.
The objective fact is new content, features, cars & tracks are in development. This can be seen by looking at the latest GT7 builds.

The objective fact is new content, features, cars & tracks are in development. This can be seen by looking at the latest GT7 builds.
We will have to agree to disagree, no roadmap has been set out by PD/Sony in any communication regarding future content all the content which will come in future updates is already available,and should have been in the game at launch. The forum What did you do in Gt today, is getting less and less pusts over the last few weeks, and guess why, less people are bothering even to turn on, because people are bored with game, as i am.

*by reading Nenkai's twitter you mean. Where most of your information is coming from. Being in development is no guarantee of release.
The only development going on is not going to be in this game, They have made there money by shifting however many copies since launch, give content that was programmed previously that should have been in the launch, that will keep some people and maybe reel in new gamers. This must be the only game where you must have at least one of each car?.So do you actually own the game or rent it from Sony server ? .

I didn't play gt sport. But here they want you pay credits for real money. Selling cars gets in the way of this strategy. Also as you know they cut credits amount for some events...
This part doesn't make sense.

The highest you can buy is 2millions for 20chf (in Switzerland at least)

Meaning that to get the Mclaren F1 only, you would have to spend 200.- USD....

It doesn't make any sense... who would buy this ?

It's too expensive...

If you want ppl to buy microtransaction, 2millions should be at 5 or 10usd and they would sell

But seriously, who pays USD 20.00 for 2 million ?

It's too expensive...

If you want ppl to buy microtransaction, 2millions should be at 5 or 10usd and they would sell

Mom and dad for their kids who don't understand how **** works.

It's too expensive...

There are people.

There are people.

Precisely, they make far more from the whales than they do anyone else, and they target the games economy and MTX prices accordingly to achieve maximum effectiveness.

There are studies around all of this, the pricing structure and in game economy is not an accident no matter how many people insist MTX'shave nothing to do with it, for reasons such as they never bought any. Neither have I, but they most certainly have driven the in game economy of GT7.

Samsung: I used my phone 3 more hours than previous week.

Which means I spent more time anticipating, and and discussing the new content than it took me to explore it...🤣

Remember when consoles had no internet and the game disc/cartridge was a complete product when purchased?

Beat it and return to blockbuster-

Samsung: I used my phone 3 more hours than previous week.

Which means I spent more time anticipating, and and discussing the new content than it took me to explore it...🤣

Remember when consoles had no internet and the game disc/cartridge was a complete product when purchased?

Beat it and return to blockbuster-
Those days when a game was complete and didn`t have mtx and all sort of bs to squeeze some more money out of the customer...
Installing gt6 on ps3 now

Those days when a game was complete and didn`t have mtx and all sort of bs to squeeze some more money out of the customer...
Installing gt6 on ps3 now
Ah yes, GT6. A microtransaction free game. I truly do miss the old days where there wasn't even a way for you to spe-

1664812162389.png

AHH! Get it away!

Granted, even the MTX economy is better in GT6 than GT7. But it's not the best example you could've picked :P

Ah, so speculation then, with no insider knowledge whatsoever! 🙄

The person you responded to could be just be as likely as correct as you, because I assume, you are both working with the same amount of actual information, nothing. Difference is that one person is taking into account past performance from the company during the life of this game so far.

"Dev work to sell cars is feature complete". You know that, or you speculate that? 🤔

Kazunori Yamauchi can say whatever he likes, but actions speak louder than words. Someone can promise whatever they like, but even if they deliver on what they promise, if it is years down the line when most people have moved on, then meh!

"They’re bringing their biggest franchises to movie & TV screens". And that means what to the game now, or even in the short term?

The idea of a game based on Gran Turismo fills me with confusion. My limited imagination has no idea what said movie could even be like to be interesting. The story of a car collector who gets disappointed when promised deals on cars fall through, or fail to materialise. ;) :lol:

And as someone who has been playing Gran Turismo since the first game was even released in my country via import, I have literally no interest in a film based on this game. And if someone like me has no interest, good luck attracting someone with no idea the game even exists. 🙄

Clear nonsense with real world evidence to demonstrate that
Its funny how you do not have any evidence yourself. Data miners have found many things in many games that never made it into existence. Just because there is a HINT for something, it dont mean it gonna materialize.

You talk about new tracks, new cars, Sophy, movie and other new stuff. That might very well be all correct!

I talked about the existing parts of GT7. The lobbies are trash. That Café "Campaign" is laughable. The BOP is completely off. The penalties arent working. The ghosting is very unreliable also. Car prices are insane. Social rank is given way too easy.

THOSE are the real problems of GT7. I said the game will not be fixed and you basically confirmed that by saying: Yea but here are some new cars and new tracks! I do not care for the 15th GTR version. Or new VGT cars. Or a new track variant with one different corner. That is not FIXING the games issues! I said PD is focusing on endorsement stuff, and you mention Sophy. That is something to make headlines in game media - but for the heavily multiplayer focused simracing community, it is IRRELEVANT. Just like a GT movie. How is a GT movie (different budget btw, so its not a investment in the game) helping GT7? It is not, as simple as that!

This games BASE needs to be fixed. Instead, we've seen six months of "patches" that did absolutely NOTHING to fix the game. Instead, they brought new cars to experience the same bugs in a different way, how great is that?

PD is doing GT for over 20 years now. All of these years, people were able to sell cars. Now you wanna tell me, that PD needs more than half a year to implement this very basic feature in its prime game? No, that doesnt make any sense.

Last edited:
*by reading Nenkai's twitter you mean. Where most of your information is coming from. Being in development is no guarantee of release.
By reading official communications from PD & Kaz. Nenkai and other sources simply confirm ongoing developments in GT7 and the franchise.
"Dev work to sell cars is feature complete". You know that, or you speculate that? 🤔
The car selling feature is ready.
Kazunori Yamauchi can say whatever he likes, but actions speak louder than words. Someone can promise whatever they like, but even if they deliver on what they promise, if it is years down the line when most people have moved on, then meh!
People need to make up their minds. Has GT7 development ended? Or do they just think it’s taking too long?
The idea of a game based on Gran Turismo fills me with confusion. My limited imagination has no idea what said movie could even be like to be interesting.
The plot of the movie has been know about for months.
And as someone who has been playing Gran Turismo since the first game was even released in my country via import, I have literally no interest in a film based on this game. And if someone like me has no interest, good luck attracting someone with no idea the game even exists. 🙄
Uncharted had a $120m budget and made $400m. Ford vs Ferrari had a budget just short of $100m and made over $220m. Given Gran Turismo is targeting a summer cinema release, it will be accompanied by a significant marketing campaign.
Its funny how you do not have any evidence yourself. Data miners have found many things in many games that never made it into existence. Just because there is a HINT for something, it dont mean it gonna materialize.
There is a difference between data-mined file names and PD actively working on content. Content that PD has said is coming in official communications.
I talked about the existing parts of GT7. The lobbies are trash. That Café "Campaign" is laughable. The BOP is completely off. The penalties arent working. The ghosting is very unreliable also. Car prices are insane. Social rank is given way too easy.

THOSE are the real problems of GT7.
You said “No one at Sony or PD is wasting a thought on this game anymore.” Then went on to state PD had abandoned GT7 and are only releasing already completed content.

Complaints about lack of events I don’t necessarily disagree with. Grumbles over BoP & Penalties are something that will always be part of sim racing.

Last edited:

It's too expensive...

I absolutely agree with you. I wouldn't buy 2 millions even for 5usd. I bought this game at full price. Why should I buy anything else (except dlc)?

Back