Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.26 is Now Available: Adds Road Atlanta and Car Selling Feature

• Thread starter BrunusCL82
  • 943 comments
Oh, God, this is really gonna annoy me.

So all the events of this type have been called "Race of Turbo Sportscars" up until now with the Road Atlanta event, which is instead called "Turbo Sports Race" with a new description (which also applies to the other 2 events on the track). Problem is, the original 3 races have the same name and description as they used to...

Is this a sign of OCD by any chance?
Yup a this point I am afraid it is in fair honesty but I don’t judge your feelings
Sincerely 😉

Well, I like that I can sell cars and that their value isn't down the drain like many speculated. I even noticed that some of my cars are worth more than what I bought them for. Though those cars are ones I don't want to sell like my Porsche 911 GT1.

What I find annoying is that contribed idea of only being able to sell one of each car model per day, it's dumb. PD is trying to recreate the real world side of owning the car in the worst ways doing this kind of stuff.

Really?? I've only sold one car so far - a Honda - and it's gone from my collection... that said, I had three of them and now I only have two.
I believe they're refering to the car catalog, not your garage.

That stuff aside, as they've added the ability to sell cars AND made prices fluctuate depending on how many of those cars are being sold, this should also impact the Legendary dealership.

If everyone picked up that old Porsche for 4.5million credits just to complete the extra menu book, and then everyone sells the Porsche over the next few days, the Legendary dealership price should tank.

Last edited:
So... is there any thread with this update?
Season 6 GIF by Paramount+

My thoughts on this update, only on the main things, as I'm yet to see everything like the bug fixes and apparent QoL improvements:

Overall, a decent update (7/10). Probably the best update so far, and it should be the "average" GT7 update all months, and not most of the garbage updates post-April.

We got a new track, new to the series and also a real world track that is also very popular and a favourite of a large part of the community (especially the American community).

All 3 new cars are also praise worthy, especially the Ford, the BMW M2 is also a favourite for a lot of people, I personally also find that to be the best modern M car, and while I can understand people complaining about "another Silvia", this one is a lot more different than the already existing S14, enough so to warrant being added to the game, and it's also the more desirable 1996 Kouki version of the S14. It also helps a lot that these 3 cars are "dirt cheap" so most people can buy them and enjoy them right away.

As for the events added, again, as expected, but still disappointing. They keep their quota of 5-6 races a month and worst of all neither of them are worth a grind, so again, stuck with Tokyo/Sardegna/Le Mans since April/May.
I really can't understand why a 30 minute Gr.1 race is worth less than the exact same timed race (Le Mans 30 minutes) with easier to drive and slower Gr.4 cars.
We got 2 new extra races that can give us an extra 3.6 million if won, but with the * being that you can only win them once.

And... FINALLY, we can sell cars. The positives of it being:

-You can sell basically any car. Gifted, Used, Brand Central, Legendary, etc.
-The value of each car seems to be between 1/3rd to a bit more than half of the price of the car, depending on the car, which is not bad considering most past Gran Turismos were a set 1/4th of the car's price (but you could win them countless times as well).
-You can sell any car even if you have just one of each model, and your collection catalog (449/449 cars collected) remains the same. So you basically just have to buy the car and then sell it right away if you want.
-You can see how many of each you have to sell.

The negatives:

-The amount of clicking and scrolling you have to do to sell a car is bad. You should have an option to write in a tab the name of the car and select it right away to sell it instead of scrolling down. But since this is the same as the garage and has been since launch, it's to be expected, doesn't mean it isn't disappointing.

-You can only sell one of each car per day. ... This is to be expected as well. Because we all know what happened with the roulette glitch. But that's still not an excuse. That was their own screw up... not ours, and this is a game first and foremost, so this type of "restriction" has no place in a game like this. Not to mention that only a very small amount of the total playerbase used the glitch.

-The engine swap barely increases the value of your car (the most expensive engine, the 787B, is only a 30k credit value increase), which is not only dumb, but goes against PD's own philosophy of "keeping things realistic". A Mazda RX-7 with a 787B engine should be worth more than the stock Mazda RX-7. Again, PD wants to fight the aftermath of the "glitch" but surely the "sell only one of each car per day" restriction would be plenty enough no!?
But I guess PD only wants to keep it real if it benefits them.

Overall, the selling car feature isn't as bad as a lot of people were thinking it would be.

But at the same time, this has to be asked. Did it really take almost 9 months to make this, outright SIMPLE, car selling feature and put it in the game?

With the long ass time they took putting this "feature" (which should've been standard) in the game, one would think that they were actually developing something much different, like an online auction where players can sell and buy cars from other players but also be capable of selling their own cars normally but for much less value.

Instead... we basically just got a "sell car button" with some random value fluctuations over time, and the difference from minimum and maximum values aren't really that far apart for you to wait potentially weeks to sell a car really.

The only car people will profit from is the 911 GT1 if you have bought it (and duplicates) before it's gigantic value update from 3 million to 9 million credits. Which no one did it... Maybe 3 like I did but I intend to use all 3 (one stock, one fully tuned, one almost fully tuned without widebody for the top speed).

Still, I went from 31 million credits to 90 million just from selling each one of my duplicates and cars that I don't want (VGTs and a lot of Gr. fictional cars). So, that was a 59 million credit gain from this update.
And I still have a crap ton of duplicates to sell which will probably net me about 20-30 million tomorrow. And for the 114 NSX Gr.B cars I have, while it will take 114 days to sell all of them, this at least guarantees a 100k credit gain by basically doing nothing, which is a lot more than your average roulette prize. I'm glad I didn't get as far as some people to get 400-500 NSX Gr.Bs, because I knew PD would probably restrict this for sure, but 114 days is more or less doable. Waiting over a year to sell all those cars would be madness.

Last edited:
Oh, God, this is really gonna annoy me.

So all the events of this type have been called "Race of Turbo Sportscars" up until now with the Road Atlanta event, which is instead called "Turbo Sports Race" with a new description (which also applies to the other 2 events on the track). Problem is, the original 3 races have the same name and description as they used to...

Is this a sign of OCD by any chance?
Okay, this is getting even weirder.

This specific event has three new pre-and-post-race jingles that are, as far as I can tell, exclusive to it. I wonder why this event in specific...

EDIT: These jingles also play in the new Spa event.

Last edited:
M2? Supra? Reckon you're getting mixed up with the Z4, lad.

Also, the Silvia is an icon.
My apologies. I could be ignorant and propose, the 6 cylinders have but different turbocharging, but why even attempt to argue. I'm only glad the update is actually good. It could only have been the Cossie and that would have been good enough. And ofcourse, Road Atlanta.

I hope that everyone selling that NSX ends up tanking the price of it to be next to worthless, just to piss everyone off.
ngl it could be 10 credits and I'd be happy to sell. They were free to get so any amount of money is a bonus :D

Man everyone so happy about selling cars and yet I don't have 1 car to sell. :(

I have around 106 but not one duplicate not 1. :banghead:

And I just cant bring myself to selling any of the once I have not even the vgt cars that I got from tickets.

😯

Last edited:
I like how PD is paying back our bug abuse by asking us to spend x number of NSX days to get that money plus the absurd amount of them on the market is going to crash the price. Well played PD

Sadly that are still playing cheap bastards with the events in the game. More cars and a new tracks puts the cars+track combinations vs events to a new all time low.

Absurd that the time limited events is what we should have NSX numbers of instead of 2 time limited one price rewards events.

Golded spa with a change to intermediates knowing exactly when the rain would drop and running long on fuel. Really reaping the rewards from the million credit races on this track.

And such a joy to slide around in the M6. When this game gets it right it has zero competition..

I like how PD is paying back our bug abuse by asking us to spend x number of NSX days to get that money plus the absurd amount of them on the market is going to crash the price. Well played PD

Sadly that are still playing cheap bastards with the events in the game. More cars and a new tracks puts the cars+track combinations vs events to a new all time low.

Absurd that the time limited events is what we should have NSX numbers of instead of 2 time limited one price rewards events.

Golded spa with a change to intermediates knowing exactly when the rain would drop and running long on fuel. Really reaping the rewards from the million credit races on this track.

And such a joy to slide around in the M6. When this game gets it right it has zero competition..
I am struggling terribly on Spa with the Lexus.

What car do you use and what tires do you start with and when do you switch to the intermediates?

Hey no worries there mate 😉
But for myself more precisely I am fully aware of the significance of the Cosworth and the Era of the related Ford machine. Great memories from the segment of Top Gear / The Gran Tour.
I saw some crazy ass rare Cars sometimes driving back home on the freeway when around Le Mans (city and track). But honestly I don’t remember even seing or hearing a Cosworth passing me by in all my life !!! Less Imagining me in one !!!

Cheers

For instance one of the 13 road legal Venturi 400 GT in grey.
Found a cossie in France for you
20829738082984815.jpg

My thoughts on this update, only on the main things, as I'm yet to see everything like the bug fixes and apparent QoL improvements:

Overall, a decent update (7/10). Probably the best update so far, and it should be the "average" GT7 update all months, and not most of the garbage updates post-April.

We got a new track, new to the series and also a real world track that is also very popular and a favourite of a large part of the community (especially the American community).

All 3 new cars are also praise worthy, especially the Ford, the BMW M2 is also a favourite for a lot of people, I personally also find that to be the best modern M car, and while I can understand people complaining about "another Silvia", this one is a lot more different than the already existing S14, enough so to warrant being added to the game, and it's also the more desirable 1996 Kouki version of the S14. It also helps a lot that these 3 cars are "dirt cheap" so most people can buy them and enjoy them right away.

As for the events added, again, as expected, but still disappointing. They keep their quota of 5-6 races a month and worst of all neither of them are worth a grind, so again, stuck with Tokyo/Sardegna/Le Mans since April/May.
I really can't understand why a 30 minute Gr.1 race is worth less than the exact same timed race (Le Mans 30 minutes) with easier to drive and slower Gr.4 cars.
We got 2 new extra races that can give us an extra 3.6 million if won, but with the * being that you can only win them once.

And... FINALLY, we can sell cars. The positives of it being:

-You can sell basically any car. Gifted, Used, Brand Central, Legendary, etc.
-The value of each car seems to be between 1/3rd to a bit more than half of the price of the car, depending on the car, which is not bad considering most past Gran Turismos were a set 1/4th of the car's price (but you could win them countless times as well).
-You can sell any car even if you have just one of each model, and your collection catalog (449/449 cars collected) remains the same. So you basically just have to buy the car and then sell it right away if you want.
-You can see how many of each you have to sell.

The negatives:

-The amount of clicking and scrolling you have to do to sell a car is bad. You should have an option to write in a tab the name of the car and select it right away to sell it instead of scrolling down. But since this is the same as the garage and has been since launch, it's to be expected, doesn't mean it isn't disappointing.

-You can only sell one of each car per day. ... This is to be expected as well. Because we all know what happened with the roulette glitch. But that's still not an excuse. That was their own screw up... not ours, and this is a game first and foremost, so this type of "restriction" has no place in a game like this. Not to mention that only a very small amount of the total playerbase used the glitch.

-The engine swap barely increases the value of your car (the most expensive engine, the 787B, is only a 30k credit value increase), which is not only dumb, but goes against PD's own philosophy of "keeping things realistic". A Mazda RX-7 with a 787B engine should be worth more than the stock Mazda RX-7. Again, PD wants to fight the aftermath of the "glitch" but surely the "sell only one of each car per day" restriction would be plenty enough no!?
But I guess PD only wants to keep it real if it benefits them.

Overall, the selling car feature isn't as bad as a lot of people were thinking it would be.

But at the same time, this has to be asked. Did it really take almost 9 months to make this, outright SIMPLE, car selling feature and put it in the game?

With the long ass time they took putting this "feature" (which should've been standard) in the game, one would think that they were actually developing something much different, like an online auction where players can sell and buy cars from other players but also be capable of selling their own cars normally but for much less value.

Instead... we basically just got a "sell car button" with some random value fluctuations over time, and the difference from minimum and maximum values aren't really that far apart for you to wait potentially weeks to sell a car really.

The only car people will profit from is the 911 GT1 if you have bought it (and duplicates) before it's gigantic value update from 3 million to 9 million credits. Which no one did it... Maybe 3 like I did but I intend to use all 3 (one stock, one fully tuned, one almost fully tuned without widebody for the top speed).

Still, I went from 31 million credits to 90 million just from selling each one of my duplicates and cars that I don't want (VGTs and a lot of Gr. fictional cars). So, that was a 59 million credit gain from this update.
And I still have a crap ton of duplicates to sell which will probably net me about 20-30 million tomorrow. And for the 114 NSX Gr.B cars I have, while it will take 114 days to sell all of them, this at least guarantees a 100k credit gain by basically doing nothing, which is a lot more than your average roulette prize. I'm glad I didn't get as far as some people to get 400-500 NSX Gr.Bs, because I knew PD would probably restrict this for sure, but 114 days is more or less doable. Waiting over a year to sell all those cars would be madness.
Did any of the cars you sold have special parts or tune up parts,and did you get them returned to you,as stated in the online manual?
Also people are saying the CRB is gone from Tokyo.

How exactly do you get tuning parts returned to you if the car is gone from your garage?
I dont know if ive mis read or mis understood what it said,

The total appraisal valuation is displayed here, based on the Body Valuation and any tuning costs. Please note, any ‘Wheel’, ‘Paint,’ ‘Custom Parts,’ ‘Racing Parts’ and ‘Other’ parts will be returned to you.,

I think ive jumped the gun a little,thinking it included engine tune up parts as`Other`parts.My bad.

Back