Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.26 is Now Available: Adds Road Atlanta and Car Selling Feature

• Thread starter BrunusCL82
  • 943 comments
Had two of the Audi TDi: bought one for the photo trophy and managed to win a second on the roulette.
Sold the gifted one yesterday for £1,600,000 - over 50% back on the original price paid!

Man, a fully tuned M2 is the most fun i had with this game!! The sound with the anti-lag is just out of this world!

Now give us an endurance event on a European track with this car :)

I never really enjoyed Road Atlanta in Forza and it’s the same in GT7. It just doesn’t flow very well, in my opinion. Managing weight transfer out of the final downhill turn is perhaps the only interesting quirk.

The cars are ok, but I have no idea how the BMW M2 Competition ended up being considerably heavier than the physically bigger M4. It drives nicely nonetheless. The Ford Sierra understeers a lot for some reason, but also very prone to oversteer. Odd balance. The Kouki S14 is a worthwhile addition as you can feel the refinements over the older Zenki.

Explained here re m2 v m4 weight. Pretty bizarre isn't it...

Man, a fully tuned M2 is the most fun i had with this game!! The sound with the anti-lag is just out of this world!

Now give us an endurance event on a European track with this car :)
This is how Big Biznis starts all of a sudden hahaha
6E79B4D0-CF36-43AE-899D-562EC021A769.jpeg

Why the hell am I struggling with Race A! I'm always in the top 50 but struggling massively to get a good time with Race A online! 🤦‍♂️

Does anyone know when the day resets? Is it a true 24hours since last sale or reset at a specific time each day?
24 hours since you last sold the car, I tried it at midnight but nothing the prompt reset 24 hours after I sold the car!

Not sure if mentioned but the car selling feature forgot to clear the blue ownership icon in the dealerships after selling the instances you had of the same model. Amazing how they managed to mess something up after having spent a lifetime adding this feature.

Not sure if mentioned but the car selling feature forgot to clear the blue ownership icon in the dealerships after selling the instances you had of the same model. Amazing how they managed to mess something up after having spent a lifetime adding this feature.
I'm guessing it runs off of the same system as the Collection Book, which worked fine before this update, but not now.

I'm pretty sure this is a feature and not a mistake. The blue "ownership icon" is actually a blue "collection book" icon, indicating that the car's entry in the Collection Book has been achieved. Would you prefer for the collection entry to disappear when you sell cars? I'd imagine that most wouldn't.

Btw, there's a guy on YouTube that claims to have found a way to infinitely clone the Porsche 919 Hybrid '16 via an exploit that he doesn't wmat to share.

Does anybody here knows about this? Is this totally fake or there might be a way to do this glitch?

I'm pretty sure this is a feature and not a mistake. The blue "ownership icon" is actually a blue "collection book" icon, indicating that the car's entry in the Collection Book has been achieved.
It’s a feature from back when you couldn’t discard cars if you only had one example. The ability to sell cars now makes it very ambiguous.
Would you prefer for the collection entry to disappear when you sell cars? I'd imagine that most wouldn't.
Of course not, but I would prefer if the blue icon in the dealerships would only illuminate for cars currently in the garage. That’s what matters when looking to buy a car, and not whether it has previously been unlocked on the collection screen.

Last edited:
It’s a feature from back when you couldn’t discard cars if you only had one example. The ability to sell cars now makes it very ambiguous.
What's weirder is that the Discard feature in the garage still tells you that you're unable to get rid of a car you only own one of. So you can sell them, but not discard them...

Made 38 million from car selling. Sold 279 cars. For 9 long months I was forced to keep them, now I am happy my garage is just the cars I want, and not what PD thinks I want.
Pretty sure you probably can make more if PD wasn't being cheapskates with them potentially reducing the car's value when sold, or not giving inane limitation in the same car type only can be sold once per day. Less time wasted as well if they made the UI not brainless scrolling from up to down.

Btw, there's a guy on YouTube that claims to have found a way to infinitely clone the Porsche 919 Hybrid '16 via an exploit that he doesn't wmat to share.

Does anybody here knows about this? Is this totally fake or there might be a way to do this glitch?
Downvote the hell out of his video, what’s the point of making a video if he won’t share the knowledge

This update gave me faith in Gran Turismo 7. I kinda want to try for the 1st time Sport Mode in GT7 (I had some experience with this mode in GT Sport) and to play in this game again in general. I am really happy with this update :D

Things that I don't like the most currently are:
  1. I don't like engine swaps locked behind tickets. Probably the most fun thing in the game and I hate RNG (tickets). Wouldn't it be cool to have "Race A" with only engine swapped cars with weight and power restrictions? And in general tuning parts in tickets(some of them locked behind tickets and not available in tuning shop. Also it feels idiotic that you can get from tickets tuning parts which you can buy in tuning shop). I would leave only credits, cars and invitations in tickets and rest I would put into tuning shop. It would be SO MUCH BETTER. I want to have Ultra-Turbo for Cappucino - tough luck and good luck with tickets I guess.
  2. I don't like that some tracks like Mount Panorama and Monza (and other tracks with low amount of events) have laughable amount of events but Tokyo has like 10. I don't get this disproportion. Please add more events to "abandoned" tracks.
  3. I don't like that Tokyo 600 PP is still the best way to grind credits. Why not make for every track in the game (30+ tracks) atleast 1 event with the credit payouts on Tokyo level (1,8-2 million per hour). Of course it would be great that all events would be like that (100+ events in game) but I try to be realistic.
Agree with most of this, except I would also take invitations out of RNG tickets. I do like the idea of invitations, but they should be on merit, not on randomness.
For example, you get a Porsche invitation after winning the Porsche cup races. You get a Ferrari invitation after buying 5 unique Ferraris. Etc.
They also shouldn't expire then.

As for events, I think they should have a separate 'championship' section. Then move the small number of championships we currently have to there, and start adding new championships at different levels. It shouldn't be too much effort to come up with something like 30 championships.
Then the higher level ones could be quite long, but have great payouts. E.g. 3-4 million per hour, but it's an endurance championship with 6 1-hour races. That would be way more fun and varied to grind than just the one Tokyo event over and over, and would justify a higher a reward.
If you then have 2 or 3 championships with that kind of payout, I think the game's economy would be in a much better shape.

And none of this would actually be hard to implement. If PD really wanted to, they could probably get all of these changes out in a month or two.

Edit: Just a quick draft of what these championships could be:

Beginner
  • Kart cup
  • FF cup
  • FR cup
  • 4WD cup
  • British classics
  • Tous France Championnat
  • US muscle car championship
  • Japanese Kei car championship
  • Electric car cup
  • Impreza vs Evo

Intermediate
  • Tuner battle (tuned road cads)
  • Supercar meetup
  • GR4 series
  • Porsche Cup
  • Ferrari Trofeo
  • Renault RS01 cup
  • Classic Car Cup (roadcars)
  • Classic Trophy (racecars)
  • GR B Offroad Challenge
  • X2014 Junior competition
  • Vision GT Trophy

Advanced
  • The Midnight Club (hypercars night races)
  • GR3 Sprint series
  • GR3 Endurance series
  • GR2 championship
  • Super Formula
  • Classic GR1 championship (effectively Group C)
  • GR1 Endurance series
  • X2019 competition
  • F1500TA series

Add to that a bunch of one-make series for beginner and intermediate, and you have a ton of content, with little effort on PDs side.

Last edited:
The M2 is a lot of fun, if you didn't get it by now, do yourself a favor and get one and take it to a track and drive it in anger..

The Car selling feature is one of those things that will be extensively used until i am out of cars, and lets be honest, without the ticket exploit i would be out of surplus cars in 5 days, are people actually selling their "collection" and if yes, why?

The new track is nicely done and will be a challenge to learn to the fastest extent possible, very nice addition.
The Wheel of Six Stars is suddenly not trolling us, i hope it lasts for the entire extent of the 25th event, to bad it isn't a permanent fix..

The biggest let down is yet another Patch that doesn't fix the core issue of rewarding us for playing, the new events are sadly an indication of that PD doesn't think there is a problem. The payout is simply to low so when players are dont with those and have spend their millions from the event on a SINGLE car from the Legendary dealer we will be pounding the usual 3 tracks for credits.. such a let down.

And the worst omission is that we once again get drip feed events, so many cars, plenty of tracks and here is a handful of stuff to do, the least they could do was to fix the custom race generator until they come up with 100s of events they should have added from the start..

Agree with most of this, except I would also take invitations out of RNG tickets. I do like the idea of invitations, but they should be on merit, not on randomness.
For example, you get a Porsche invitation after winning the Porsche cup races. You get a Ferrari invitation after buying 5 unique Ferraris. Etc.
They also shouldn't expire then.

As for events, I think they should have a separate 'championship' section. Then move the small number of championships we currently have to there, and start adding new championships at different levels. It shouldn't be too much effort to come up with something like 30 championships.
Then the higher level ones could be quite long, but have great payouts. E.g. 3-4 million per hour, but it's an endurance championship with 6 1-hour races. That would be way more fun and varied to grind than just the one Tokyo event over and over, and would justify a higher a reward.
If you then have 2 or 3 championships with that kind of payout, I think the game's economy would be in a much better shape.

And none of this would actually be hard to implement. If PD really wanted to, they could probably get all of these changes out in a month or two.

Edit: Just a quick draft of what these championships could be:

Beginner
  • Kart cup
  • FF cup
  • FR cup
  • 4WD cup
  • British classics
  • Tous France Championnat
  • US muscle car championship
  • Japanese Kei car championship
  • Electric car cup
  • Impreza vs Evo

Intermediate
  • Tuner battle (tuned road cads)
  • Supercar meetup
  • GR4 series
  • Porsche Cup
  • Ferrari Trofeo
  • Renault RS01 cup
  • Classic Car Cup (roadcars)
  • Classic Trophy (racecars)
  • GR B Offroad Challenge
  • X2014 Junior competition
  • Vision GT Trophy

Advanced
  • The Midnight Club (hypercars night races)
  • GR3 Sprint series
  • GR3 Endurance series
  • GR2 championship
  • Super Formula
  • Classic GR1 championship (effectively Group C)
  • GR1 Endurance series
  • X2019 competition
  • F1500TA series

Add to that a bunch of one-make series for beginner and intermediate, and you have a ton of content, with little effort on PDs side.
I agree with your post.

But: the invitation tickets are temporarely to add a FOMO effect to them and keeping players tied to the game so they can keep up their player numbers.

There is a 'separate' section for championships. Since launch they added ZERO new championships and could've easily added a couple but instead they give us 3 lap events for 25000 credits.

Endurance races. Aaah my biggest frustration with this game. Did you notice when there was so much backlash around release how fast they came with new missions, endurance races?? When was the last time they added missions since then? Yeah right.
Why am i not able to play endurance races in the events? 4 hours, 9 hours, 12 and 24 hours? And i'm not going to set it up in custom mode either for a fraction of credits. I just want to pick a car, pick an endurance race and earn decent credits for doing so.

I agree with your post.

But: the invitation tickets are temporarely to add a FOMO effect to them and keeping players tied to the game so they can keep up their player numbers.
And the FOMO aspect is exactly what's wrong with it. It adds no fun, no challenge, just a short-term cash-grab opportunity for them. Having a fun game makes more money in the long term, as people are more inclined to buy the next game in the series.
The only reason I have all invitation cars right now is because of the invitations bug after which they gave us all of them temporarily. Other than that there are multiple invitations I've never received. It's dumb to lock away some of the best cars behind a mechanism where I can't buy them, not even via microtransactions if I wanted to.
There is a 'separate' section for championships. Since launch they added ZERO new championships and could've easily added a couple but instead they give us 3 lap events for 25000 credits.
Having it as a proper separate section on the main world screen, outside of World Circuits, gives it more focus and structure. The place it is now would make it hard to manage if you add more championships, and feels tacked on as an afterthought. I don't think they would add this, I'm just saying that it would be easy to do, and if they do it properly, it would fix a major issue of the game (lack of repeatable events)
Endurance races. Aaah my biggest frustration with this game. Did you notice when there was so much backlash around release how fast they came with new missions, endurance races?? When was the last time they added missions since then? Yeah right.
Why am i not able to play endurance races in the events? 4 hours, 9 hours, 12 and 24 hours? And i'm not going to set it up in custom mode either for a fraction of credits. I just want to pick a car, pick an endurance race and earn decent credits for doing so.
I'm personally not really into the very long endurance races, I prefer to keep it to 4 hours at the absolute max, but I can see how it would be attractive to certain people. Greatest thing would be to have the long endurance races with an option to scale the time for reduced rewards (i.e. do a 24hr race at 24x speed, but get less than 1/24th of the reward, to give people who do full time a bit of a bonus)

Last edited:
Testing the selling cars i.e. you can only sell each model of car within a 24hs.

Sold an NSX last night at 16:00, logged in this morning and unable to sell another. So i'll try again at 15:00 and see if there's another time period for when a new day starts or if a counters starts as you sell and you can't sell another until that timer reachers 24 hours

Testing the selling cars i.e. you can only sell each model of car within a 24hs.

Sold an NSX last night at 16:00, logged in this morning and unable to sell another. So i'll try again at 15:00 and see if there's another time period for when a new day starts or if a counters starts as you sell and you can't sell another until that timer reachers 24 hours

No it's 24hrs, I have tried it myself, ended up selling my cars at 11.30 am on the first day, could not sell them before 11.30 am yesterday

Today I will log at 11.40 as it takes me about 10 minutes each time to do it

And the FOMO aspect is exactly what's wrong with it. It adds no fun, no challenge, just a short-term cash-grab opportunity for them. Having a fun game makes more money in the long term, as people are more inclined to buy the next game in the series.
The only reason I have all invitation cars right now is because of the invitations bug after which they gave us all of them temporarily. Other than that there are multiple invitations I've never received. It's dumb to lock away some of the best cars behind a mechanism where I can't buy them, not even via microtransactions if I wanted to.

Having it as a proper separate section on the main world screen, outside of World Circuits, gives it more focus and structure. The place it is now would make it hard to manage if you add more championships, and feels tacked on as an afterthought. I don't think they would add this, I'm just saying that it would be easy to do, and if they do it properly, it would fix a major issue of the game (lack of repeatable events)

I'm personally not really into the very long endurance races, I prefer to keep it to 4 hours at the absolute max, but I can see how it would be attractive to certain people. Greatest thing would be to have the long endurance races with an option to scale the time for reduced rewards (i.e. do a 24hr race at 24x speed, but get less than 1/24th of the reward, to give people who do full time a bit of a bonus)
I fully agree with your response.
We think the same and probably alot of people do too.

It's a shame because this game can be so good, they (PD) doesn't even realize.

This guy had 100mil credits 5 months ago.
12 days ago he uploaded a video showing his car collection with all the cars.
I call this a clickbait.
He could have easily bought all the porsche cars long time ago as a way of offloading extra credits.
I hope I am wrong and we will get a new glitch.

This update has made a great improvement to the game, great cars, good track, and car selling feature is welcome, i still think the number of cars per update needs to be higher to keep things intresting, career mode is still empty they need to add much more, i still think i need to wait longer before coming back to game again fulltime, i will see how they do with the chrismas update hopefully a larger update again,

Latest Posts

Back