Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.34 Now Available: Buyable Engine Swaps & Special Parts, Three New Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 645 comments
I'm looking forward to these two cars:

nissan-gt-r-r32-nismo.jpg

08-1971-Ford-Maverick-by-GAC-custom-bodywork-helps-go-200-mph.jpg

:)

Last edited:
Another R32 GTR, why bother lol

Sometimes it almost comes across as laziness to me. Like we need something to fill in this DLC, so let's just do a variation of a car that's already in game. Least if they we're going to give us another variation of a GT-R they could of give us the Nismo 400r, I'd of been delighted with that

That said, the Guilia Sprint is a very welcome addition. Not really bothered about the Ford Maverick, why couldn't they of give us that awesome Civic that won the award the previous year.

I'm less concerned with new cars than I am meaningful things to do in the single player game with the existing cars and tracks. But I think at this stage, that's just not changing in any meaningful way now. Hopefully GT8, but I'm not sure PD are interested in creating fun, rewarding singleplayer experiences anymore.

Last edited:
I'm less concerned with new cars than I am meaningful things to do in the single player game with the existing cars and tracks. But I think at this stage, that's just not chanigng in any meaningful way now. Hopefully GT8, but I'm not sure PD are interested in creating fun, rewarding singleplayer experiences anymore.
If they fixed the rubber banding issues in custom races it wouldn't be so bad.

If they fixed the rubber banding issues in custom races it wouldn't be so bad.
It wouldn't fix the broken economy and career mode, but it would definitely allow us to create really fun races. It's a shame you have to own the cars you need to create the custom grids you want to create though. The broken economy and career makes even setting those up a chore.

Last edited:
PD has released too many GT7 updates with only three cars but only one of them feeling worthwhile (old Giulia this time). I wonder what they’re playing at not bringing the cars most people anticipate. Drip feeding taken to the extreme.
I recall Kaz saying they're able to model 60 cars a year in an interview a while back. And we're still getting "monthly" patches with only three cars (and not all of them requires modeling from scratch unless you think they modelled cars like the two SF23s independently of each other).

Last edited:
Every content is welcome, but car wise this month's update is pretty disappointing IMO. None of those 3 cars attract me that much. And I was getting used to bigger updates, with at least 4 cars, tbh 😅

Hope PD, at least, adds some interesting new events for once. Or maybe a new track, although I believe this'll only happens next month...

Sophy integration or a new track would draw me back in for a few laps these cars are a bit meh. With regard to Sophy I wouldn't mind them letting us beta / refine it over a few updates (just a partial introduction of having AI that can overtake clean would be nice instead of get off my line shunting).

I wouldn't mind (in fact I would've been pleased) if it was the R32 Calsonic #12 (the Godzilla). But it looks like yet another road going R32... A SEMA awards car that only a minority care about. The Alfa is a good addition.
As far as cars go, and that's the only thing we can talk about for now, not really something that brings interest back into the game.

Then again, not hopeful of any decent events being added either. It seems like every race above 1hr is a waste of time for PD, fixing the custom races rubberbanding AI, alongside it's payouts, isn't of much interest for them either.

I recall Kaz saying they're able to model 60 cars a year in an interview a while back. And we're still getting "monthly" patches with only three cars (and not all of them requires modeling from scratch unless you think they modelled cars like the two SF23s independently of each other).

Well, the year still has some months left, so if they rack up updates with 6+ cars, they can balance it out. But I'm not holding my breath for that. And more importantly than the quantity, it's the "quality" of cars, where about half of them so far have been a huge hit or miss (VGT's, near duplicates, etc).

Honestly I'd rather have one of the base model Skylines like my starter car in GT4. In fact, the vast majority of GT4's starter car list isn't in GT7 and that's upsetting to me. Even more than adding brand new cars, I'd rather them bring back the older cars that I grew up with, the cars that really made GT popular in the US especially with the F&F crowd.

It is:

"What makes it unique among the 40 odd thousand GT-Rs you might ask? It’s a Nismo version, one of 560 Nissan produced to satisfy the FIA’s homologation requirement, so it’s a genuine rarity."
If the car is not that different, why not add the NISMO parts in GT Auto..?

Good update, I hope it comes with a new track :). I don't mind having duplicates if they come in good variety and have important differences from the models already in the game: having a R32 GTS-t, a 4 door variant, a GTS-4, the super rare HKS Zero-R, can be interesting...

Last edited:
Back