Gran Turismo 7 Update Coming September 1

• Thread starter Famine
  • 158 comments
I mentioned in the article that the phrasing varies from region to region, but I think that out of all of them it's the US version of the announcement that's the most different...

1661946401955.png

Well as it is likely a bug fix update after the regular one last week, it will probably fix something they broke or did not implement well during that update. The Bathurst mission is the only one I am aware of.

GT7 is still like an MMO game in my opinion.

Edit: To me, GT7 shouldn't have been released on March 4th, 2022 so the developer could polish this game further plus shouldn't have the online DRM, to begin with.

Last edited:
The Spanish webpage says something like "the servers will be shut down to implement solutions for general problems".
'General problems' nice euphemism to say bugs

My first PS5 update. Should take a coupla seconds. Yes? :sly:
No. While the SSD is faster, it still has the same copy/rewrite every byte of code update mechanism as the PS4.

As for the update, I'm glad I got my rallycross races out of the way while the AI would ram the wall coming out of the last turn if you got under them no matter how much room you gave them.

Good catch on the US typo, @Famine. Guess I'll be waiting a while for my update given there is no September 31.

Can we guess what useless fixes this update will bring that none of us will benefit from while playing the game??

• Lighting effects in the Cafe corrected
  • Livery fix on NSX Group 4 Rally Car in Garage
  • PS Store shortcut fonts enlarged.

Last edited:
Maybe make damage on the car permanent, and force the driver to pit to fix damage for longer races?
Would agree with this as well. But should be implemented as a difficulty challenge, ergo, it should only be like this in Sport Mode races and if you choose the Hard difficulty setting. There are more casual players that would really not like this. But at the same time, no one would wall-ride anymore and would of course, try to improve to not go off-track and make contact with other cars.

This update will obviously just feature bug fixes... Probably the PP glitch with some cars (2J and A220 on Tokyo) and other less known things.

Well as it is likely a bug fix update after the regular one last week, it will probably fix something they broke or did not implement well during that update. The Bathurst mission is the only one I am aware of.
In the Sardegna WTC 800 race, RH tire wear and RM tire wear are rather close to identical. On a stock Subaru BRZ GT300 (other than tires, in the case of RMs), I can get 8 laps out of RM tires and barely 9 out of RH tires. Prior to 1.20, RMs would probably have lasted 9 laps (I needed fuel after 8) and RHs lasted all 15.

I hadn't noticed this closeness between RH and RM on either of the other two Meta Three races, though overall tire wear for both me and the AI has increased slightly.

Last edited:
I thought people were being drama queens about the Bathurst mission until I tried it myself. I had no tires on lap 7 and couldn't get the car to even start moving without spinning.

In the Sardegna WTC 800 race, RH tire wear and RM tire wear are rather close to identical. On a stock Subaru BRZ GT300 (other than tires, in the case of RMs), I can get 8 laps out of RM tires and barely 9 out of RH tires. Prior to 1.20, RMs would probably have lasted 9 laps (I needed fuel after 8) and RHs lasted all 15.

I hadn't noticed this closeness between RH and RM on either of the other two Meta Three races, though overall tire wear for both me and the AI has increased slightly.

This game as a service thing working well isn't it. Seems at least have the updates have introduced something that screws up a feature or introduces a glitch.

They need to get a handle on this surely. Don't expect them to pick out every glitch, but some of this stuff you'd surely expect to be picked up with a modicum of testing.

Last edited:
I can get 8 laps out of RM tires and barely 9 out of RH tires. I can get 8 laps out of RM tires and barely 9 out of RH tires. Prior to 1.20, RMs would probably have lasted 9 laps (I needed fuel after 8) and RHs lasted all 15.
In the GTR GT500 I found the RH's dropped off a cliff hitting full red at the back on lap 14. Lap 13 within 1~ sec of my pace, lap 14 +2 mins... lapped and race over by lap 15. Prior to 1.20, I wasn't struggling to do all 15 laps on RH's. Haven't tried RM's though.

Tokyo isn't a very fun experience now when trying to navigate through the pack because they hit like bulldozers with zero spatial awareness.
They seem to respect the "nose ahead" principle, i.e. if you get the nose of your car ahead of the nose of their car, they will give way to you.

Back