Gran Turismo 7 Was Revealed One Year Ago Today

Honestly since i heard it's gonna be cross-gen and not a PS5 exclusive my excitement and expectation has gone down rapidly
Same. If GT7 on PS5 will be castrated and the two versions will end up being identical, similar to GT Sport PS4 vs PS4 Pro, I'm not even sure I will invest my money on a PS5.
I would buy the system for only 2 games
1) a GT7 no less than spectacular in every way (multiplayer title with endless hours of gameplay)
2) God of War (single player title, limited hours of gameplay)

I am sure GT7 is ready for distribution since one year ago because SONY wanted the game released with PS5. Actually they don't know what is the best decision, waiting for PS5 release or launch the game with PS4 and later on with PS5.

After years with Gran Turismo, is this really STILL shocking to people? Its a running gag at this point, hardly shocking to me.
Kind of. On the one hand you are right but on the other hand even since GT5 was revealed at E3 2009 we got plenty of info about the game in the next year. So since GT7 is supposse to be a big deal its kind of disapointing.

From Sony's standpoint they want to build up interest in the game closer to release, so there's probably not going to be much revealed until about six months before it comes out.

It was the game that I expected to see its gameplay before other PS5 games, because it looked more like GTS+, than a real next gen GT and I thought it'll be ready to release in PS5 launch window!
Now after a year, we still haven't seen anything new from this game and don't know anything new about it, except that it's cross gen game! :boggled::D

Last edited:
At this rate, I won’t be surprised if they scrapped everything we saw in the trailer bar Trial Mountain. I expect the menus, UI, etc. to look totally different once the game finally comes out. Hopefully they keep the GT4-style map.

I just hope for a full PSVR 2 support on GT7

This is a clown show from PD. I just sold my PS5. Moving on to PC gameplay. **** you, PD, **** you.

I also thought about that but GPU prices are insanely high, not worth it right now.RTX 3070 is like 1000eur lol.

AC 2 is coming around 2024 and if by that time we don't have PSVR 2 compatible racing games on PS5 like Project Cars 4, GT7, Dirt rally 3 i will go for gaming PC

Last edited by a moderator:
However, I don't remember any GT title with less information than GT7. Even GT5 and GT Sport had more information.

That's true. GT5 was the delay nightmare but still it had tons of infos to be released through 2 years before the release. Just check GTPlanet's GT5 news timeline on early 2009 - late 2010, it was basically one little information per week.

However, I don't remember any GT title with less information than GT7. Even GT5 and GT Sport had more information.

Indeed, and PD at least properly acknowledged they existed in early development. As soon as GTS was announced the website was updated with info pages, rough outline of the game content and features, etc.

The current Gran-turismo.com still has just an old news article saying "GT7 is a thing, here is a video" and that's it. No special page, no concrete info about the game, no entry in the nav.

The PD website makes zero mention of the game, doesn't seem to have been content updated since 2018.

It's a bit odd, to me.

...well, as usual, PD is silent, I just hope they won't dissapoint us.

BTW, we heard first time for GT7 officially 1 year ago, but, Kaz himself confirmed this like few months after GTS was released, so probably GT7 is in development for quite some time, and as we know how slow PD is, recent change for GT7 possibly comming to PS4 probably affected GT7 release.

And this is not the only game, look at how many PS5 exclusive games are now PS games...

I just hope PD will pull this one, and bring us a lot of content to the game, with improved physics, and hopefully day time transitions, with dynamic weather...

Now before you say not gonna happen, think of this, AMD just released FSR to the public (and yes, PS4 has capability to run it) buping performance for about 20-40% is huge deal...

Just saying... Hiping...

Don't get your hopes up. It'll be disappointing.

Honestly since i heard it's gonna be cross-gen and not a PS5 exclusive my excitement and expectation has gone down rapidly

This. 👍

PD clearly have destroyed their credibility as a pioneer by pulling this crap. Now, our dreams of GT7 being the ultimate Gran Turismo game are dead. What a joke, smh.

Last edited:
Gran Turismo is a shell of its former self, and has been a shell of its former self ever since 2010 (the year Gran Turismo 5 was released), which is when things for this franchise started to go downhill.

Polyphony clearly have no passion nor importance for it, which makes me question why they even hyped up Gran Turismo 7 and promised that it'll be PS5 exclusive while being better than Gran Turismo Sport in the first place ? If I'm brutally honest, I called it on the day it was revealed that it'll fail in the same exact way as both Gran Turismo Sport and Gran Turismo 6; and guess what ? I was right.

Time and time again, it became a clear signal for me that this particular series is way past its prime, and it'll never become as awesome as it used to be back in the good old days of PS1 and PS2 ever again; and I started to have these thoughts in like late 2017 (when Gran Turismo Sport was released). Even back then, it was all too obvious that things were going down the drain for the Gran Turismo franchise in general.

Sadly, it looks like Polyphony seems to be somewhat fine with letting Gran Turismo embarrassingly paling in comparison to the likes of Forza, Assetto Corsa, Project CARS, Need for Speed and other racing franchises. If that is what they probably wanted for this franchise, then it is what it is... :(

Last edited:
This. 👍

PD clearly have destroyed their credibility as a pioneer by pulling this crap. Now, our dreams of GT7 being the ultimate Gran Turismo game are dead. What a joke, smh.
How and or why?. We don't know if it will be crossgen for certain yet.

Do they show off a ton of news for a game that's two years away and get crushed under their own hype, especially if Kaz promises stuff that are basically just lies about the game's features even though it's only a few months away (a la GT6)? Or do they just shut the hell up and work on it and only show off stuff when it's actually ready to show off? Pick your poison, really. Because as foolish as people were for insisting "wow PD has a menu system GT7 IS A PS5 LAUNCH GAME CONFIRMED!!!", that is the context that PD have to work with. They say anything and it gets blown up like mad; even outside of contexts where Kaz can't help but Molyneux himself and say crap that he hopes will be in the game as if it will definitely be there. Couple all of this with whether or not Sony is trying to ruin the game by forcing it on PS4 as well.

If nothing else we can safely assume that this isn't a GT4:Mobile situation, where a game was announced with the system but PD didn't actually bother working on it until 4 years later.

Last edited:
How and or why?. We don't know if it will be crossgen for certain yet.

I'm afraid it will be a crossgen. Maybe there is a possibility that they would ditch that stupid crossgen idea, but there is a very small chance of that happening. Either way, I ain't getting my hopes up, because I really don't wanna be disappointed once I experience the actual game once it releases (if it's ever destined to be released anyway).

Last edited:
Track and environments design is gonna be the same as ps2 now, dull, static, baked full of 2d trees.

Sucks, I'm looking forward to AC2 and Forza 8 now. I'm done with GT
My main gripe with GT engine is the lack of Ambient Occlusion for objects, take the trees for example, and that's really one of the main issues.
Screenshot_2021-06-12-12-11-06-831_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Looking directly at the trees takes 8 years of my life, really dull-looking. There's no light, the reason why does it look so bright is beyond my knowledge.

I wonder why should I care after a year of silence. Poly lives in its own bubble, whatever. Its golden era is over. If the game is great, people will buy it. Otherwise we'll see it very quickly for a cheap 10euros copy like GTSport.

I wonder why should I care after a year of silence. Poly lives in its own bubble, whatever. Its golden era is over. If the game is great, people will buy it. Otherwise we'll see it very quickly for a cheap 10euros copy like GTSport.

Oh well, at least I still have the best Gran Turismo game of all time which is Gran Turismo 4 (played it for the majority of my childhood and still playing it nowadays). :cheers:

Last edited:
Back