Gran Turismo 7 Was Revealed One Year Ago Today

what's more crushing is that this game may not yet be released even 1 year from today.

Patience required! and probably that new Thrustmaster wheel to be unveiled, oh and that PS5 too. wonder if OLED gaming screens will be affordable then, sigh payyyshennnsssss

Last edited:
I don't think this decision was made by PD...it is Sony that decides what their first party studios are going to do
..But Polyphony ist not a simple First Party Studio like Sony Japan Studios. It’s a daughter company of Sony Interactive, but from the right side it’s more autonomic as I read. And Kaz is not a „little“ man in Sony Universe, he‘s Vice President of Sony interactive. So he can offer forehead of Jim Ryan and surely has best contacts to Sony chiefs in Japan.

Last edited:
If the next Forza is announced to release this year (maybe it will be at E3, an event Sony doesn't seem to care about now), then I will probably buy a new XBOX. I will still play GT7 when it comes out on PS5 but the only news in a year being delays and a PS4 release gives me no hope that GT7 will even have a PS5 demo or beta by even two years from now.

The next Forza will be out 2nd half 2022 or later. The game is not that long in development. However it is possible that the XBox will have a proper racegame 2 years before Sony will have. And in 2024 GT7 also on PS4? Totally useless.
Unbelievable that Sony still accepts all those huge delays. And when GT7 will be released I wonder if the game will be finished or is still only halfway.

Gran Turismo is a shell of its former self, and has been a shell of its former self ever since 2010 (the year Gran Turismo 5 was released), which is when things for this franchise started to go downhill.

Polyphony clearly have no passion nor importance for it, which makes me question why they even hyped up Gran Turismo 7 and promised that it'll be PS5 exclusive while being better than Gran Turismo Sport in the first place ? If I'm brutally honest, I called it on the day it was revealed that it'll fail in the same exact way as both Gran Turismo Sport and Gran Turismo 6; and guess what ? I was right.

Time and time again, it became a clear signal for me that this particular series is way past its prime, and it'll never become as awesome as it used to be back in the good old days of PS1 and PS2 ever again; and I started to have these thoughts in like late 2017 (when Gran Turismo Sport was released). Even back then, it was all too obvious that things were going down the drain for the Gran Turismo franchise in general.

Sadly, it looks like Polyphony seems to be somewhat fine with letting Gran Turismo embarrassingly paling in comparison to the likes of Forza, Assetto Corsa, Project CARS, Need for Speed and other racing franchises. If that is what they probably wanted for this franchise, then it is what it is... :(
Agreed. The reason for this is online gaming. Once that becomes the thing for developers then the solo game takes a back seat.

Quite sad that there is an information void from PD after a year, but not surprising, which in itself says a lot about PD as a company and their interaction with users and media.

From GT1 they had a hit, and every version after has sold in the millions working to this information plan, so why change a media policy that seems to work, we tell them nothing, and they will buy whatever we give them. They are no longer in a bubble though, the social media world has evolved around them, and perception can make or break a game, or a franchise.

Media wise, imho, PD don't have a clue, and are living in a mindset of whatever we put out will be a hit. To some degree they are right, look at the GT Sport sales, (more than GT6) but with a better product, and better marketing, could they have sold more! :confused: No one knows of course, but it may not have done much harm. ;)

Then again, if more people see the 'promises' PD put out, more people would pull them up on them when they don't materialise. :rolleyes: ;) :lol:

This is a clown show from PD. I just sold my PS5. Moving on to PC gameplay. **** you, PD, **** you.
I kinda want to do the same. I shouldn't have bought a PS5 because there is literally nothing I want to play at the moment. I bought it for GT7. I have 2 options: let it sit there and wait for GT7 or sell it and buy a PC to be able to play ETS2, Forza Horizon 4 and 5 and Microsoft flight sim. Idk what to do.

What do we know about this game besides the fact that it's "going back to it's roots"?

Gran Turismo is a shell of its former self, and has been a shell of its former self ever since 2010 (the year Gran Turismo 5 was released), which is when things for this franchise started to go downhill.

it became a clear signal for me that this particular series is way past its prime, and it'll never become as awesome as it used to be back in the good old days of PS1 and PS2 ever again; and I started to have these thoughts in like late 2017 (when Gran Turismo Sport was released). Even back then, it was all too obvious that things were going down the drain for the Gran Turismo franchise in general.

Once Kaz left behind his Japanese humble beginnings and rose to global superstar status, Gran Turismo was way, way past its prime. He shifted his priorities from crafting amazing fantasy tracks and preserving decades old automotive history, to sleeping around with FIA, esports, car manufacturers to ink in prestigious partnership contracts and laser scanning circuits that we definitely haven't seen in 10 other games of the exact same 🤬.

Besides the obligatory JDM heroes checklist, we probably will never see another Galant, Legnum, Stagea, Starion, Sileighty, 2000GTR, Chaser, or whatever dumb boxy cars that most people don't care about but we love anyway because of Kaz's endearing autism. What's actually insulting is that the competition like Forza has some of these.

The era of Gran Turismo that we know is over and will never come back. Whatever "going back to the roots" marketing talk will just a hub with Sunday Cup et al plus upgrade parts and a dealership. The future won't be anything more than your typical online sweat simulator but with slightly different variables in ranking, penalties, and physics. If the vibe doesn't look like an episode of Best Motoring, it's not Gran Turismo to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once Kaz left behind his Japanese humble beginnings and rose to global superstar status, Gran Turismo was way, way past its prime. He shifted his priorities from crafting amazing fantasy tracks and preserving decades old automotive history, to sleeping around with FIA, esports, car manufacturers to ink in prestigious partnership contracts and laser scanning circuits that we definitely haven't seen in 10 other games of the exact same 🤬.

Besides the obligatory JDM heroes checklist, we probably will never see another Galant, Legnum, Stagea, Starion, Sileighty, 2000GTR, Chaser, or whatever dumb boxy cars that most people don't care about but we love anyway because of Kaz's endearing autism. What's actually insulting is that the competition like Forza has some of these.

The era of Gran Turismo that we know is over and will never come back. Whatever "going back to the roots" marketing talk will just a hub with Sunday Cup et al plus upgrade parts and a dealership. The future won't be anything more than your typical online sweat simulator but with slightly different variables in ranking, penalties, and physics. If the vibe doesn't look like an episode of Best Motoring, it's not Gran Turismo to me.
Over dramatic much?.

Trailer almost completed 10 Million views on anniversary (9.995.316) :D:tup:
Done!

GT710Mi.png

Last edited:

IMG_20210612_202538.jpg

As I've said before, GT Sport has all the foundations needed for a future title. I know that if everything is used and put together in the right way, we have a cracking game in GT7. I think PD were smart enough to realise that Sport Mode wasn't working properly and tried to rectify it by adding a faux career mode and adding some fan favourite vehicles. Although GT League was crap and very much a band-aid solution, it showed that they still care about us. They know that we crave a proper career mode and I'm sure the game structure of GT7 will change to accommodate it. PD have shown potential and I'm really excited to see what they do next.

Last edited:
They always show potential but just miss the mark.

We got Super GT. A staple in the series since GT1. We only get multi-class in GT League, but not properly in Custom Race.

We got "official" GT3 racing in GT6. GT3 cars are center stage in GT Sport, but PD add some questionable cars that don't quite fit.

We got Super Formula. Unless it's FIA, players rarely get to run both cars together.

GT4 type cars and no Endurance events in GT League. It's a gentlemen's series like GT3. Should get same billing if it's the tier directly below GT3.
TCR is right there and they didn't make a sepaarte series with the Gr.4 cars. Yet, they separate them in Daily Race A.

We got LMP. That's all I'll say about that.

In the past, we got BTCC, DTM(still, with only six cars, there were dated and some from different eras), just about Formula 1 and prototype racing. It's not even about getting hopes up. Kaz mentioned how he didn't doesn't realise manufacturers want to be in the games. As in he doesn't go and search them out. Yes, he wanted Ruf in the game, but not actively contacting manufacturers is weird.

I too can't wait to see what PD have lined up. PD do surprises well, but often times, we open the box and are like, "Oh. Socks again."

Honestly a game that has made his time. They should move on, reorganize the team and innovate. Last year trailer looked really boring and outdated.. and they also should stop with those non sense mix of cars on out of the world tracks. That was cool on ps1.
Sounds like Project cars or Assetto Corsa suits you best.

Honestly since i heard it's gonna be cross-gen and not a PS5 exclusive my excitement and expectation has gone down rapidly
100% same here, mate.

This hurts 'cause GT is the only game I play, period.

I just hope we've all been victims of our own hyperbole based on unconfirmed info... :guilty:

Last edited:
I think PD were smart enough to realise that Sport Mode wasn't working properly and tried to rectify it by adding a faux career mode and adding some fan favourite vehicles. Although GT League was crap and very much a band-aid solution, it showed that they still care about us. They know that we crave a proper career mode and I'm sure the game structure of GT7 will change to accommodate it. PD have shown potential and I'm really excited to see what they do next.
"smart enough to realise that Sport Mode wasn't working"
, yet not smart enough to realise that GT Sport would not work with a lot of previous users expecting a lot more from a Gran Turismo game. :odd: :rolleyes:
"and tried to rectify it by adding a faux career mode."
"it showed that they still care about us."
Mmm, 'care' is assuming a lot will little to no previous evidence of 'caring' imho. Responding to negative criticism of a game that was released to negative reviews for lack of content maybe.

Also, the criticism of a game being virtually unusable without an internet connection has never been addressed, and I doubt ever will. Hardly the actions of a company who 'cares' about its users. :banghead:

As always, yvmv. :)

Id like to think that Sony FORCED Kaz's hand in showing GT7 last year. Lets not forget, Kaz answers to SONY...maybe Kaz was completely not ready to show GT7 but was forced too, now hes back in the lab working hard on GT7 and wont show it off again until its READY.

And just to add further....Forza 8 and Horizon 5 are around the corner..and to be quite frank, those games are incredible as well...i am willing to forget about GT for another 5+ years.

Last edited:
How are both of these games around the corner when one literally hasn’t been announced and we’ve only seen an in-engine CGI trailer of the other?

I am willing to bet that both Forza 8 and Horizon 5 will release before we get a smidgen of info on GT7.

Also, Forza 8 recently had a beta test....its coming! And i have a great feeling about this one.

Last edited:

I've basically given up on Gran Turismo. Too bad, so sad. Oh well, at least I'm grateful to still own copies of Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec and Gran Turismo 4, while still able to play them on my PS2 Slim.

Honestly after seeing Forza Horizon 5 I think I'm done with GT and Playstation.

Makes GT7 look like PS3, Trial Mountain looks hideous like PS2, worse yet it's gonna be held back from the PS4.

Raytracing in GT7 is awful, 2D trees, baked rendering it's like PS3.

Last edited:
Honestly after seeing Forza Horizon 5 I think I'm done with GT and Playstation.

Makes GT7 look like PS3, Trial Mountain looks hideous like PS2, worse yet it's gonna be held back from the PS4.
FH5 looks like a proper next gen game. I know it's a 30fps game but the game is miles beyond the dull scenery of GT. Maybe Poly just can't make a beautiful (not procedural) scenery.

Back