Gran Turismo 7 Was Revealed One Year Ago Today

View attachment 1017308

If we keep the same energy for both games technically Forza is being held back by weaker hardware.

But I understand the trend is to dump on PD right now so whatever

Possibly A separate studio like Horizon 2

Polyphony may have to develop for both and take a year or more to create something which may look no where near as good.

They need to see it and learn, right now GT7 is embarrassing. Potentially be another GT6.

I'm completely put off now, I was already but now lol

Last edited:
Forza Horizon 3/4/5 run at 30fps on base XboxOne so they're able to pack in more graphical detail than GTSport, Forza 7, or GT7 PS4 where 60fps is required for base last-gen consoles.

At this point for next-gen though, the amount of detail and consistent graphics is going to come down to man-power, and I wouldn't be surprised if Playground were able to also make higher detailed assets for next-gen with outsource help.

Polyphony is going to get left behind again if they think they can compete with massive outsource teams helping make environment props, vegetation, buildings, rocky cliffs, etc. So yeah, PS5 GT7 is still most definitely going to be held back graphically by the PS4 version just based on the fact that PD will try to create all of the tracks by themselves as a <200 man team, meaning they'll just create assets that can run on the lowest base console and will just up the resolution for the PS5 port. We've already seen the massively inconsistent results with various tracks in GTSport, so good luck to Polyphony competing with the consistent level of detail in FH5 and releasing the game in a timely manner.

Here's an outsource worker who helped work on FH4.

"I was super honored to work on Forza Horizon 4 alongside the rest of the cool guys and gals at Playground Games in 2018. A massive team effort resulted in an incredible game that we can all be very proud of.
My roles during production included -
- Being part of the asset and outsource management team, creating briefs, grey-box models, providing feedback and fixing/polishing assets where required.
- Scene composition for the coastal areas, placing buildings, props, foliage, and other assets.
- Using photogrammetry scans to create ground cover assets.
- General bug fixing across the map, with a lot of bug fixing working specifically in the coastal area and Edinburgh.
"

FH5
fh5t3kg2.png

fh527yjpx.png

So FH5 will also be cross-gen? Curiously people won't complain about this as much as they're complaining with the cross-gen GT7, it's a strange phenomenon.

Probably because the odds of FH5 being the only release for the generation are rather slim while the chances of GT7 being the sole GT for the PS5 are much greater.

Last edited:
So FH5 will also be cross-gen? Curiously people won't complain about this as much as they're complaining with the cross-gen GT7, it's a strange phenomenon.

I mean, gameplay-wise and physics-wise, it just looks to be FH4 but now set in Mexico. Playground also doesn't take 4-5 years to release another Forza Horizon unlike Polyphony making GT fans wait that long for a new Gran Turismo (and at release to disappointing amount of content or inconsistent quality like GT5/6/Sport).

Last edited:
The only thing that worries me (yet) is not seeing any allusion to the circuit maker in the game's Home. Nice to be in Black, that show i a ECO game, but, I am worried :banghead:

Forza Horizon 3/4/5 run at 30fps on base XboxOne so they're able to pack in more graphical detail than GTSport, Forza 7, or GT7 PS4 where 60fps is required for base last-gen consoles.

At this point for next-gen though, the amount of detail and consistent graphics is going to come down to man-power, and I wouldn't be surprised if Playground were able to also make higher detailed assets for next-gen with outsource help.

Polyphony is going to get left behind again if they think they can compete with massive outsource teams helping make environment props, vegetation, buildings, rocky cliffs, etc. So yeah, PS5 GT7 is still most definitely going to be held back graphically by the PS4 version just based on the fact that PD will try to create all of the tracks by themselves as a <200 man team, meaning they'll just create assets that can run on the lowest base console and will just up the resolution for the PS5 port. We've already seen the massively inconsistent results with various tracks in GTSport, so good luck to Polyphony competing with the consistent level of detail in FH5 and releasing the game in a timely manner.

Here's an outsource worker who helped work on FH4.

I can't imagine Poly making something that beautiful and detailed. It's not a matter of money or skill, I just don't understand why we can't be impressed like we used to with GT1, GT3 or GT5 prologue.

Good lord the pessimism in this thread... and over something we know barely anything about. I understand this lack of information is part of the problem but at this stage we are talking about something last shown a year ago and its at best another half a year away, if you take a look at demos from previous GTs dated just months apart from one another you will see that anything can change during such time periods. So at best GT7 seats at the middle of the scale, it might be the biggest flop ever or the best thing ever.
P.S Giving information can be a bad thing too as shown by Cyberpunk 2077, a rather extreme but prime example.

I can't imagine Poly making something that beautiful and detailed. It's not a matter of money or skill, I just don't understand why we can't be impressed like we used to with GT1, GT3 or GT5 prologue.
Probably because Kaz is stuck with old friends and employees from 1997. They all, Kaz included, don't know how to evolve and innovate (unlike Playground and T10).
Ironically, even Sony is stuck with them.

I swear to God, when I saw that Forza Horizon 5 presentation live on youtube, I immediately went to this link to check if I could get an Xbox Series X from my local store: https://www.unieuro.it/online/Console-Xbox-Series/Xbox-Series-X-pidDBLRRT00008

I am SOLD. I have no faith in PD anymore. For me it'll be FH5 and FM8.

Last edited:
View attachment 1017308

If we keep the same energy for both games technically Forza is being held back by weaker hardware.

But I understand the trend is to dump on PD right now so whatever
At least it will also be available for PC. It looks really good (photorealistic in some scenes) apart from that scene with the Mitsubishi Evo X that to me looks a bit like as if it came out of a mobile game.

Damn after fh5 open world, gt7 trailer looks like ps3 stuff.

Graphic wise can't imagine what they will deliver with forza8 with no open world to model.

Damn back in days gt was the standard for graphics.

However fh5 .. mobile vibes for generationz. Wouldn't play it even for free.

Last edited:
Probably because Kaz is stuck with old friends and employees from 1997. They all, Kaz included, don't know how to evolve and innovate (unlike Playground and T10).
Ironically, even Sony is stuck with them.
Posting is not mandatory

If there's nothing to add and you just post outright false claims, why bother?

Posting is not mandatory

If there's nothing to add and you just post outright false claims, why bother?
You do know that most of the stuff we post here are opinions, right? That is also why my first word on my comment is "probably". That is what I believe and there is nothing, except real visual evidence, that will make me think otherwise.

With Hermen Hulst being on the board of directors at Polyphony now, maybe he can talk Kaz into getting outsource help for environments too, at least for the fictional tracks.

Hermen was the managing director at Guerilla Games who rely heavily on outsource art. Guerilla used 18 different outsource companies to help make Horizon Zero Dawn. Horizon was one of the best looking games on PS4, and Horizon 2 easily outclasses it as well. Their experiences with outsourcing are pretty much summed up with this:

horizonzdoutsourceh1jzs.jpg

It still takes a bit of time to prepare all of the specs and briefs to give to the outsource companies, but in the end it's way more efficient than trying to do everything in-house with Polyphony's limited man-power.

Personally I view it as a negative, games should in general move on with the technology, particularly AAA titles. Releasing on older technology will never make your game better, but it can make it not as good as it could/should be.

However, in Playground Games defence, you don't have to wait long for the next Horizon game to come out, Gran Turismo titles are positively rare when you compare their frequency.

Personally, I'm not yet sold on Horizon 5, yes it looks nice, no I'm not at all bothered about all that online fluff. I get it appeals to many, not to me. Horizon 4 also looked great when it came out, but I found it considerably less attention grabbing and interesting to play than Horizon 3.

I also hate the controling nature of the exclusive Forzathon prizes, solely designed to keep people feeling like they have to play to fear of missing out. It's sly, but also very clever, and it clearly works, but it irks me no end. So jury's most certainly out on 5 for me.

But you are correct in what you are insinuating, ultimately the same logic applies to Horizon 5 releasing on the outoging hardware as it does with GT7.

Last edited:
With Hermen Hulst being on the board of directors at Polyphony now, maybe he can talk Kaz into getting outsource help for environments too, at least for the fictional tracks.

Hermen was the managing director at Guerilla Games who rely heavily on outsource art. Guerilla used 18 different outsource companies to help make Horizon Zero Dawn. Horizon was one of the best looking games on PS4, and Horizon 2 easily outclasses it as well. Their experiences with outsourcing are pretty much summed up with this:

It still takes a bit of time to prepare all of the specs and briefs to give to the outsource companies, but in the end it's way more efficient than trying to do everything in-house with Polyphony's limited man-power.

True hope Herman Hulst improves workflow at polyphony. Horizon 2 looked great given that it is cross gen now if the same could be with GT7?

CPU side of things may be affected nevertheless

At the same time Kazunouri seems to prefer framerates over photorealsim since his interview last year claiming he want to aim 120fps or 240fps and that improvements will not be significant like ps1 to ps2?

The interview showed me everything about him. None need this in-phrase-speaking guy and doing a massive confusion. I repeat, who needs him? No one, acting like an amateur.

And officially, KAZ is one chief of hulst. He‘s Vice President.

Last edited:
True hope Herman Hulst improves workflow at polyphony. Horizon 2 looked great given that it is cross gen now if the same could be with GT7?

CPU side of things may be affected nevertheless

At the same time Kazunouri seems to prefer framerates over photorealsim since his interview last year claiming he want to aim 120fps or 240fps and that improvements will not be significant like ps1 to ps2?

Kaz is still such a stickler for little details that I'm pretty sure he's still interested in having as realistic and detailed graphics as possible, and is why he thinks making every model and art asset in-house is better than outsourcing because he values in-house artists even though games are requiring much more man-power to make. I believe the framerate quote was in response to someone asking him about 8k resolution, in which he felt 4k was enough and that higher framerates would be more interesting.

Also at final FIA event last year:

Kaz: "We always pursue the best at Polyphony Digital. We don't want to make concessions on anything. We want to deliver the best to everyone. And this is no longer just my thinking, but it's the mindset of all 200 or so staff at our company. They say in Japan that "Divinity comes to reside in the details, and it's so true. How much attention you pay to the fine details, how to perfect it, hone it to perfection, and applying an incredible amount of attention to this, is our production style"​

Back on GT5

On what he'd like to be able to do in Gran Turismo that he can't do now:

"There are many many things we'd still like to work on - that we can't get our heads around - but let's say in real life, you're driving and you hit a thunderstorm and suddenly it starts raining. And then it clears up. Sun is coming through the clouds. The car in front of you is creating a water screen and sun rays are hitting it. Not just the weather aspect, but the replication of that - you know, the waterscreen that the car in front of you creates, and the way it sparkles. Things like that."

On Crash Damage:

"Given the time and expense they go to to make sure even the smallest details are accurate, you can understand why crash damage is such a massive undertaking. (Consider that there isn't a lot of data about crashing a Ferrari 599 at 150mph. How would you find out what the fender does, without crashing one?)

Accurate damage simulation is Yamauchi's dream."​

The best, what Polyphony could happen, if it would hired anytime from Microsoft and get supported by Turn 10 Chris Esaki. I could good imagine this two would give a good harmony. On PlayStation side, I don’t see any support for racing genre anymore. They only have this action adventures in sense.

I'm still content with what I have, GT Sport could use to few new vehicle & track updates.

I hope you're right. We'll see in the next trailer because so far GT7 looks the least impressive big next gen game. Forza 8 looked "too good" last year but after the FH5 reveal, I can believe this was in engine.

GT 7 threads are unreadable.

Luckily I can just stick to reading Famine's articles and avoid the comments section.
Pretty much every forum on the Internet is like this, though, as I've learned over the years. Some spots of warranted positivity here and there, but a forum is mostly filled with pessimists, people lost in hopelessness, complaining over the tiniest irrelevant details, baseless theorists. etc etc.

It's annoying and makes me want to gouge out my eyeballs sometimes, but it's normal for a forum like this. Unfortunately. >_>;

Doing everything in-house is an outdated ideology. So many things in today's world require outsourcing and turning a blind eye to it will not help PD's cause in any way. Kaz' fussiness will be the death of him and his beloved company if he doesn't evolve with the times. He has to harness outsourcing in order to keep his workers healthy and his games entertaining. It's a no brainer.

Doing everything in-house is an outdated ideology. So many things in today's world require outsourcing and turning a blind eye to it will not help PD's cause in any way. Kaz' fussiness will be the death of him and his beloved company if he doesn't evolve with the times. He has to harness outsourcing in order to keep his workers healthy and his games entertaining. It's a no brainer.
I mean, PD already outsourced stuff if statements from outsourcers (S660, Raptor, 993 RS CS) are anything to go by...

That's partly because of the quality of the graphics. Although FH5 is cross-generation, it has a graphic that is almost exclusively for next-generation consoles. But for now, the GT7 trailer has almost the same graphics as the GT Sport.

Back