Gran Turismo 7 Will Allow You to Import Liveries and Decals from GT Sport

• Thread starter Famine
  • 202 comments
F49A33FB-F4CE-4FF0-A119-51E2ACBCE0A8.jpeg

As a decal creator/uploader I am glad to see we can port them over. But I wonder if the stats will carry over to GT7? I'd hate to lose all my comments and likes I've gathered on them.

Same thing goes for liveries too.

I'd hate to lose all my comments and likes I've gathered on them.

Whilst the database will likely remain intact, if they link any achievements or trophies to them, they're bound to reset them.

I'd rather they did away with them, personally, and just notified you when someone used them on a car. Comments and likes are irrelevant when people have to make them to get in game achievements.

Comments and likes are irrelevant when people have to make them to get in game achievements.
Well I wouldn't say that necessarily. It certainly does skew the stuff that ends up on the trending page but likes to an extent do separate an actual well-done racing livery from a guy uploading the 999th gold chrome 911 RSR.

If there are no bonuses or achievements for likes on posts it'll only become better at separating those two extremes.

Last edited:
Personally this is the best news to come out today.

A minor question I have is will all our liveries and decals transfer over to 7 or just the ones we've shared online?

I've been waiting for this news, so glad to hear it. Was not looking forward to redoing my Christina Nielsen 458 GTE from scratch. I hope they've added some better vector design tools within the editor though; it was a huge pain to get some of the swooshes on there looking somewhat accurate to the real car with the prefab decals they give.

Last edited:
Chasing clout is bad for mental health anyway ;)
Whilst the database will likely remain intact, if they link any achievements or trophies to them, they're bound to reset them.

I'd rather they did away with them, personally, and just notified you when someone used them on a car.
Thing is, I put a lot of effort into uploading and creating decals for the otherwise niche liveries. I mean someone has too fill that void and seeing people hit the like icon and repost them gives me joy in knowing that other people like them. Without chasing the 'clout' as @Nuschel01 said I'd have little incentive to bother sharing the decals publically for others to use in GT. You can call me vapid if you'd like but I know many out there feel and think this way even if they're not the most vocal of groups.

Here's what I do agree with though, I agree that PD should remove the achievements/trophies tied to them as to avoid superficial likes. And being able to see when someone has used it on a livery, and possibly even be linked somehow to that livery would be a nice addition. Can't tell you how many times I've seen someone use my content but I was never notified of such usage. It would be cool to be notified so I can check out their work and possibly give it a like and repost in return if I happened to enjoy what they created.

Last edited:
I kind of expected this to happen because of the community features. It makes life soo much easier.

"players had created 51 million liveries compared to only taking 33 million photographs, despite livery creation being a more labor-intensive task"
No wonder they added so many scapes for gt7,33 million seems like an absurd number
I would be a little cautious when making those assumptions

10000 players taking 1000 photos is ten million photos (quick maffs), which would mean theoretically almost 30% of photos would be published by a hardcore roughly 0.1% of the player base.

I just made those numbers up but they really need to publish the breakdown because otherwise its too easy to fill the gaps in with unverified assumptions. The median player of GT Sport might only take two, or zero scapes photos for all we know.

Same with sport mode events- there'd be millions of entries, but without Kudos Prime we wouldn't know that 85% of the player base dont care for it at all.

Last edited:
Thing is, I put a lot of effort into uploading and creating decals for the otherwise niche liveries.
But you mainly did it because you wanted to have a nice version of that livery for yourself, didn't you? At least that's how I decide if I make a livery or not. Likes/Comments/Shares of others are just a bonus, but tbh it's kinda annoying getting 50 notifications of the same guy posting the same comment on all your liveries.
What I'd like to see is a counter for how many people have my livery applied to their cars and how many km they've driven it. That'd be something that'd actually fill me with pride and joy :)

Last edited:
This is amazing news! Very unexpected, but very helpful as I was on roughly 600 uploaded liveries and loads of them I was planning to remake in GT7!

And being able to see when someone has used it on a livery, and possibly even be linked somehow to that livery would be a nice addition. Can't tell you how many times I've seen someone use my content but I was never notified of such usage. It would be cool to be notified so I can check out their work and possibly give it a like and repost in return if I happened to enjoy what they created.
Would be great at the end of a race to be able to select a player, see his car and be able to click on it and see who did it with a link to the gallery / livery.
Same for a race or scape photo.

I guess it would be more difficult to do such a thing for the decal creators as there should be 50 or 100 of them on a single livery...

Couldn't do it every time but in the later times when I did a livery (unless I needed to keep it secret for a LEC for example :D) I liked, reposted and commented on the decal with a kind of "thanks for my incoming livery".

Most of the time, if the creator is still active he liked my comment so I could find it again and comment with a "livery available in my gallery, thanks again for your help"... and most of the time I had a L&R and a comment on my livery and or photos I did. :D

And "la boucle est bouclée" as we say in French :)

Last edited:
What I'd like to see is a counter for how many people have my livery applied to their cars and how many km they've driven it. That'd be something that'd actually fill me with pride and joy :)
Yes, that's a fault, which if it doesn't come in GT7 is still a huge fault. I'm one of those who consider the GTSport car design a game within another game. All of us would expect a refreshed layout, and I hope the pad colour continues and not just this pallet.

Back