Gran Turismo 7 Will Allow You to Import Liveries and Decals from GT Sport

• Thread starter Famine
  • 202 comments
Sounds like I'll have no space for more Decals & Liveries still... unless the limit has been increased to go past 1000 for both?

I think it’s crazy how much people have been begging for career mode and ‘true progression’ to come back to GT while also asking for all of their credits from the previous game to transfer over

Does that not like…defeat the whole purpose?

Last edited:
I think it’s crazy how much people have been begging for career mode and ‘true progression’ to come back to GT while also asking for all of their credits from the previous game to transfer over

maybe you are conflating two groups of players?

Agree with you.

Absolutely wrong, it would be much better and fair to start from the same level. I really don't understand for what reason they want to do that. GT7 start on the wrong foot.
But you are starting from scratch with the core game. There is no advantage, other than it’s just the ranking that you’ve earned from proving you can race clean. Why should I have to grind through rammers and novices in online lobbies, when I just want a clean race? It’s a good reward for being a fair racer.

Last edited:

I don’t see it that way. The people that would transfer credits, would and people that wouldn’t, would not. If everyone have to start the game the same way, it doesn’t matter how many credits individual players have.

It‘d benefit everyone, but to players that don’t have much time and have a good bank in GT Sport, they could get on playing with a bit of help. Players that only want to make liveries and tune, could get up to speed much quicker in adding to their collection of cars, once those features are unlocked. Nothing wrong with an option.

THANK YOU

Pretty much. Prepare to be dirt poor again.
Lol I was cool with the idea.. until I started playing GT1-4 again.. and I kind of hate being poor now lol

Started new games in each one...

Wish I could take my millions from Sport with me into 7, but looks like it's time to grind from poverty again 😎

Last edited:
So if we have liveries that are made before december 22, 2017 would it be enough to edit the livery, change a decal and save them under a new name and share? Or would that be still counted as the original file?

So if we have liveries that are made before december 22, 2017 would it be enough to edit the livery, change a decal and save them under a new name and share? Or would that be still counted as the original file?
Or you could just ‘save as’

The only extra credits you’ll be starting with are from pre-ordering and/or buying the 25th AE.
I share my console with my fam, and buying the game from the US store (had $ in the account already) so I'm sure the 100 000 credits only go to the actual account that bought it (as will the pre-order cars)

So I'll just grind again like I'm doing right now in GT 4 lol.

Last edited:
I share my console with my fam, and buying the game from the US store (had $ in the account already) so I'm sure the 100 000 credits only go to the actual account that bought it (as will the pre-order cars)

So I'll just grind again like I'm doing right now in GT 4 lol.
Cars bought with real money in GT Sport, don’t transfer with other accounts. I know by my main account, My daughter, wife and from my alt accounts, can play the Lewis Hamilton Time Trial. That’s a weird one.

Cars bought with real money in GT Sport, don’t transfer with other accounts. I know by my main account, My daughter, wife and from my alt accounts, can play the Lewis Hamilton Time Trial. That’s a weird one.
That really is weird. I bought GT Sport 3, times. Initially the launch disc copy.. but I didn't want to keep the disc in the console , so I bought it again as a digital copy on sale from a Hong Kong account I had as an alt.., after a while I got really annoyed using Circle rather than X to select stuff (a pain when using the livery editor 😢) and eventually bought an EU digital copy on sale.

The Pre-order cars I got with my OG EU disc copy never worked on any of the other versions (not even the digital EU copy), which was weird.

On the Hong Komg version, the cars are greyed out and it says it can't be accessed..

in the EU digital version it simply doesn't appear.

But when I have the disc version installed, the cars appear in the garage.

So.. I don't expect the GT7 pre-order cars or credits to work on an EU account, if I purchased it on the US store ☹️

Last edited:

I think it does, not just for GT, but for most videogames. It's similar to why I've decided not to transfer Pokemon caught in one game to later games. Yeah, there's a real amount of fun in seeing what happens when you start from scratch, and work within limitations.

Like, I wouldn't mind starting with a ton of credits, but regardless of the case, I'd try not to spend any credits for a while, as I plan to try to complete the campaign 100% while spending as few credits as possible. I'm definitely looking forward to picking the Toyota Aqua to start, and then see how I can mod the heck out of it.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of deleting all my liveries and decals from GT Sport so I can start fresh in GT7. In fact, i'm thinking of deleting my GT Sport save data so I can make some much needed space on my PS4's hard drive.

Also, when I pre-ordered GT Sport a few years back, I got the Collector's Edition with a pack of Gr.3 race cars to start off with but a few of them are broken. They can't be selected, whenever you try to do so, it comes up with a message basically telling me to download them again but I can't anymore, the code expired about a year or so ago and you can only use the code once. This kinda has me worried about what will happen when GT Sport is no longer supported.

Last edited:
it comes up with a message basically telling me to download them again but I can't anymore, the code expired about a year or so ago and you can only use the code once
You can only redeem the code once, but you can download what's behind the code as much as you like. Go to your Library on your console.

Also this error typically results from the console you're trying to play on not being set as your Primary device, or the region of the codes (basically the same as old-timey console regions - US-NTSC, PAL, and JP-NTSC) not matching the region of the disc/game download.

My livery collection is a bit of mess, I’m kind of dreading going through it all to delete the ones I don’t want carried over.

I'm thinking of deleting all my liveries and decals from GT Sport so I can start fresh in GT7. In fact, i'm thinking of deleting my GT Sport save data so I can make some much needed space on my PS4's hard drive.
Just don't import the liveries to GT7 then :D and for decals, if they're shared, you'll probably screw over quite a few creations then :boggled:

I've shared all my updated and un-shared stuff I'd want to transfer to GT7 in the past few days; luckily it weren't too many :)

Last edited:
Do I need to do anything specifically or will the liveries be transferred automatically? Because we are not starting will our cars, the livery will be waiting until I obtain the car?

Do I need to do anything specifically or will the liveries be transferred automatically? Because we are not starting will our cars, the livery will be waiting until I obtain the car?
WHatEveR liveries you have shared "Open to all",will transfer over. And Yes, they will be waiting until you acquire the car.
Kept in mind, Kaz says we can update the liveries. Some paints will require us to buy them and aftermarket wheels from those liveries, will be deleted.

Likely different groups of players that want progression like older GT's or access to everything. Although, a flip side is that takes that long to save Cr for the more expensive cars in GT Sport, perhaps some people might just want that headstart to save some late game grinding. No harm with the option, though we know Cr won't be transferred so the idea is moot.

Don't fall into the trap of assuming people that want one thing do or don't want something else.

Last edited:
Reposting due to it's urgency, considering the related maintenance for the transfer process is soon:
PSA regarding livery transfer: As noted in the Behind the Scenes: Liveries video, TAG Heuer preset decals are no longer available in GT7. Check your liveries for any of them as they may cause issues when GT7 transfer begins tomorrow.

View attachment 1114281
This might also affected deprecated, built-in versions of Toyota ("Toyota 01") and Mazda ("Mazda 01") decals, as well as Mazda 100th logos.

Reposting due to it's urgency, considering the related maintenance for the transfer process is soon:

This might also affected deprecated, built-in versions of Toyota ("Toyota 01") and Mazda ("Mazda 01") decals, as well as Mazda 100th logos.
I’m assuming this will only effect the cars if you go in and edit the livery though?

I haven’t seen anyone address this. So here goes. Is it only liveries/decals we’ve created ourselves transferring? I haven’t created any decals myself. So does that mean I’ll have to find and download them again?

Back