Gran Turismo 7 Will Be More Like Classic GT Titles, Says Kazunori Yamauchi

Remember, in GT4, it was closer to Best Motoring videos, than what we have now. Plus, acquiring parts to tune, were closer to real life, than what we have in GTS.

GT4 had rally style racing over tracks that switched from dirt to tarmac.

I don't think anyone are questioning the advances(besides tree debates :rolleyes:). I can't say it any better, as mentioned above, about brands like Ferrari and Porsche, had they been in GT4.
GT7 having the grandness of GT4, with Sport Mode, car customisation(livery editor, paints, tuning parts, wheels, interior parts, front &rear spoilers/rear wings, canards), competitive AI, improved physics/tyre model, car count PLUS the recent premium brands, improved offline content options, it'd be closer to what players want, in a GT game.

Is that meant to be a joke?

The AI in GT has always sucked.
GT1, GT2 didn't acknowledge your existence and just smashed into you
GT3, GT4 drove slowly and braked in the apex
GT5, GT6 a little better but still lackluster.
GT1 to 3 had rubber banding.

GT4 didn't but they didn't change the car selection in races to match. In a two lap race around Fuji 70's the fastest car was a Buick Special that lapped the last place car.

GT5 had reasonable AI that would fight until an update that changed it into AI that gave up as soon as you got alongside.

GT6 replaced racing with chase the rabbit rubbish which saw the lead AI slow down to let you lead then fight you for position before forgetting it had a throttle on the home straight to ensure you "won".

GT4 didn't but they didn't change the car selection in races to match. In a two lap race around Fuji 70's the fastest car was a Buick Special that lapped the last place car.

GT5 had reasonable AI that would fight until an update that changed it into AI that gave up as soon as you got alongside.

GT6 replaced racing with chase the rabbit rubbish which saw the lead AI slow down to let you lead then fight you for position before forgetting it had a throttle on the home straight to ensure you "won".

GT Sport has probably the worst AI in the series. If you go back to play GT4, the AI actually seems pretty great compared to the garbage in GT Sport. It's actually hilarious watching the idle 'demo races' in the GT Sport menu. You get to see ridiculous stuff like a Bugatti Veyron struggling to get passed a 1970 Dodge Super Bee because the games AI barely know how to perform an overtake unless its on a mile long straight. . It doesn't matter how great GT7 ends up being, if the same AI that's in GT Sport makes it into GT7, it will kill the game.

GT Sport has probably the worst AI in the series. If you go back to play GT4, the AI actually seems pretty great compared to the garbage in GT Sport. It's actually hilarious watching the idle 'demo races' in the GT Sport menu. You get to see ridiculous stuff like a Bugatti Veyron struggling to get passed a 1970 Dodge Super Bee because the games AI barely know how to perform an overtake unless its on a mile long straight. . It doesn't matter how great GT7 ends up being, if the same AI that's in GT Sport makes it into GT7, it will kill the game.

I'd argue the bumpercar AI in GT4 that completely denies your existence is much worse than an AI promoting sportmanship — in a game all about sportsmanship may I add.

I honestly don't care if the AI is the same as in GT Sport, or if it's hilariously bad like in Forza with these dreaded Drivatars. I just want great gameplay features coupled with a huge car and track list and I'm all good.

I may add that the AI in GT6 is very bad although if you picked b spec and turned the aggressivity all the way up the AI was actually very good. It still had a few problems where it would continue to go straight in some corners and crash, or be struggling to overtake, but the system allowed you to force an overtake and apply both brake and throttle. If you could combine these two features; try to overtake as soon as you get close to a car, and brake during the predictable and always the same corners where the AI would crash with aggressivity all the way up, you could have an AI that would be a billionth time better than any AI GT has ever had. And applying these two looks very easy as well.

Well, whatever their design philosophy is, I'm just happy we're getting it soon. Being close to a GT launch is one of those very rare, cherished moments in life.

But to be fair I always really digged the Japanese aspect of GT a lot, which is really more present on the earlier titles before GT "globalised", as if to say. I'm glad they recognise this sort of stuff, it really sets GT apart from other racing games IMO. :)

Last edited:
Yeah but GT is always about everyday commercial cars, that's the appeal for the first game, letting you drive those kind of cars in video game, particularly for those who owns that car. The sport, supercars, racecars, anything top of the line is already common in any other racing games. Of course GT should cater for both to make it an "encyclopedia", but still don't diss the everyday commercial cars just because it's not your preference. And like, competitive racings can be done in cars of any level, and it can be part of the fun for people to race these lower-end daily drivers.

And you also forgot that manufacturers like Ferrari, Lamborghini, or Porsche are held up by EA's deals. I mean of course in the past there are less like only 6 cars, no interior view, but people want the best parts in GT4 like the its features, the amount of content primarily like variation and big number of events, abundant variety of cars and tracks of the same quality, garage car access in Arcade, etc. not turning everything else like GT4 (some went overboard for this but it's more like about menus, etc.). And obviously for graphics, game mechanics part, GT is going to inevitably improve in that area. I mean people want to keep that part but also reignite the older game's biggest strengths.

Please detail exactly what features from GT4 are missing from GT Sport?

There wasn't really any kind of car customisation in GT4, and to my knowledge there has always been Garage Car access in Arcade Mode, Split Screen & VR etc.

Yes, GT4 boasted 700 cars (despite many being variants of the same models i.e Acura & Honda etc), but GT Sport has got nearly twice the number of tracks (and 300+ individual car events). Take this into account when looking at GT4's 280+ car events split over the 51 different track variations and things seem to get very repetitive? Granted GT Sport had around half the number of cars, but when compared to other games of its generation this number ranks among the highest (Forza Motorsport lists 700+ cars but sadly the majority of these include Forza Editions or multiple Racing Team versions of the exact same car).

I think you like many other people just miss the GT Mode map screen?

Remember, in GT4, it was closer to Best Motoring videos, than what we have now. Plus, acquiring parts to tune, were closer to real life, than what we have in GTS.

GT4 had rally style racing over tracks that switched from dirt to tarmac.

I don't think anyone are questioning the advances(besides tree debates :rolleyes:). I can't say it any better, as mentioned above, about brands like Ferrari and Porsche, had they been in GT4.
GT7 having the grandness of GT4, with Sport Mode, car customisation(livery editor, paints, tuning parts, wheels, interior parts, front &rear spoilers/rear wings, canards), competitive AI, improved physics/tyre model, car count PLUS the recent premium brands, improved offline content options, it'd be closer to what players want, in a GT game.
A complete list, at least IMO, for the best features of each game:
  • GT1 = Special Stage Route 11.
  • GT2 = Racing modifications, obscure unique and memorable cars (ex: Espace F1), manufacturer events, race events divided into certain hp level.
  • GT3 = Fast menu navigations, AI, soundtrack, racing focus, impact for the series, qualifying (the best system between other GTs).
  • GT4 = Most elaborate GT Mode, most amount of same quality cars, most tuning options, Photo Mode, Driving Missions.
  • GT5 = NASCAR/Rally's car damage, proper rally event in Gran Turismo Rally, GT Academy, most garage limit, Online Collectors dealership, Seasonal events.
  • GT6 = Most amount of cars, most amount of tracks, varied modification for cars (compared to other GTs), track editor, special events, dynamic weather & time.
  • GTS = FIA, online and Sport Mode stuff, livery editor, graphics, most realistic physics, car sounds.
I honestly don't care if the AI is the same as in GT Sport, or if it's hilariously bad like in Forza with these dreaded Drivatars. I just want great gameplay features coupled with a huge car and track list and I'm all good.
But AI is a part of great gameplay features? But yeah, good AI alone is also not necessarily enough in replayability, like GRID 2019, which got repetitive due to lack of content.
Well, whatever their design philosophy is, I'm just happy we're getting it soon. Being close to a GT launch is one of those very rare, cherished moments in life.

But to be fair I always really digged the Japanese aspect of GT a lot, which is really more present on the earlier titles before GT "globalised", as if to say. I'm glad they recognise this sort of stuff, it really sets GT apart from other racing games IMO. :)
Japanese aspect? What did you refer specifically for this? I think Japanese aspect of it is a con for GT (that is also made fun sometimes, even making GT lose its credibility), where Japan cars outweigh other countries here, while its competitor Forza can have more balance in the car list even if America is a bit higher than others. I'm into GT globalising. And I mean not reducing the Japanese cars of course, but also making the other countries' cars more eloaborate in list closer to the Japanese ones.

There wasn't really any kind of car customisation in GT4, and to my knowledge there has always been Garage Car access in Arcade Mode, Split Screen & VR etc.

Yes, GT4 boasted 700 cars (despite many being variants of the same models i.e Acura & Honda etc), but GT Sport has got nearly twice the number of tracks (and 300+ individual car events). Take this into account when looking at GT4's 280+ car events split over the 51 different track variations and things seem to get very repetitive? Granted GT Sport had around half the number of cars, but when compared to other games of its generation this number ranks among the highest (Forza Motorsport lists 700+ cars but sadly the majority of these include Forza Editions or multiple Racing Team versions of the exact same car).

More than what GTS does. Like @05XR8 said, acquiring parts to tune in GT4 were closer to real life, than what we have in GTS. GTS does have Livery Editor which is a big plus for the franchise, but you're irrational and just being the inverse of nostalgiatards (where they say anything past is good, present is bad regardless of actual quality), where these kind of people turn a blind eye over anything actually good only because they're from the past and thinking that those are good only from nostalgia goggles. Both are bad either way and I'm against double standards (if something from past is brought along, it should have good reason to me other than nostalgia, which those GT aspects do to me). But of course people longing for GT4 aspect in GT7 wants to have both Livery Editor and the extensive tuning parts GT4 has in GT7, not only choosing what GT4 has.

Yeah, in GT2/GT3 there's a garage option available, but GT4's Arcade lets that car available with all its colors to play in Arcade mode when we purchase a car. And as we play more, more tracks become available, also just like in GT4. GT4 is the closest GT got in an attempt of making all cars available on Arcade, with lots of it available from the beginning and any car purchased staying there (garage count has limits y'know), but also a replayability value for those who wants progression.

300+ individual car events? If you count every individual events, GT4 has far more, 127. GTS has only 50-ish events (I mean like FF Cup, Stars & Stripes, etc. not counting the number of events it has), which is just now approaching GT5 and GT6's number of events. GTS has no championship mode at all too for example. And of course people want tracks from combined games if able, not that they want GT4 aspects being making GT7 also has only 51 tracks y'know. And also both good aspects for the game to be combined in GT7 like GT4's amount and like, GTS' power limitations.

Well, I want the GT mode map screen and that's a problem? I think that makes GT stand out from other racing games. And I want to see the potential of the new console in what they can do in the map menu, so far it's about the lights moving on the city.

Last edited:

Have you even played GT Sport?

Skip to 2:39

The music, dramatic visuals & locations have pretty much been hijacked into GT Sport.

All we are missing is a narrator. 💡

Seriously guys, we need to stop hailing GT4 as where we want the series to go back to.

-Better Ai (from my memory)
-Much longer career mode
-Much better career progression
-Many modes (manufacturer races, championships, old style license tests (need R35 pace car)
-Much better user interface (subjective ofc but modern ≠ better)
-Polished game (all the little details like the ost, the sound at the start of each race, etc...)
-Split screen that's not a quarter of the screen

GTS does have Livery Editor which is a big plus for the franchise, but you're irrational and just being the inverse of nostalgiatards (where they say anything past is good, present is bad regardless of actual quality), where these kind of people turn a blind eye over anything actually good only because they're from the past and thinking that those are good only from nostalgia goggles. Both are bad either way and I'm against double standards (if something from past is brought along, it should have good reason to me other than nostalgia, which those GT aspects do to me). But of course people longing for GT4 aspect in GT7 wants to have both Livery Editor and the extensive tuning parts GT4 has in GT7, not only choosing what GT4 has.

Personally i think the makers of Gran Turismo are very aware as to how revered & respected the series is.

Game after game they appear to go out of there way to push the series forward, and improve upon each new addition to the franchise.

I feel PD wanted to break out from the classic GT model with GT Sport, trim away all the fat and fancy pictures and simply offer up something fresh, more focused but still familiar to the core fan base.

Again i cannot iterate how hard i feel the developers at PD must work to improve on all aspects of the franchise.

Who'd have thought removing a map screen and spinning icons would cause such a negative response towards a driving game?
Maybe you would prefer GT to adopt the Fifa model and just pump out the same trash?

-Better Ai (from my memory)
-Much longer career mode
-Much better career progression
-Many modes (manufacturer races, championships, old style license tests (need R35 pace car)
-Much better user interface (subjective ofc but modern ≠ better)
-Polished game (all the little details like the ost, the sound at the start of each race, etc...)
-Split screen that's not a quarter of the screen

You must have a bad memory. If you don't think the AI has improved over 16 years. That's like 2 whole console generations - you are obviously bitter about something or in complete denial?

Also career/championship mode is shorter because now your driving career is meant to be part of the Sport mode, and include real life driving progression against real people.

A missing pace car from the licence tests is hardly a 'feature'?

The vertical split screen option makes perfect sense for today's 16:9 standard screen ratio, unless of course you are still using grandma's 4:3 CRT light bulb in a box?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you even played GT Sport?

Skip to 2:39

The music, dramatic visuals & locations have pretty much been hijacked into GT Sport.

All we are missing is a narrator. 💡

Seriously guys, we need to stop hailing GT4 as where we want the series to go back to.

Have you played GT4?

I believe there is a photo mode, at real locations, in GT4.
The six cars on track, the tuner cars that race each other versus real cars, the Spoon S2000 & Spoon Fit for goodness sake. GT1-GT4 IS Best Motoring & Hot Version come to virtual reality. The Roadster at Tsukuba and Motegi Endurance races. 24H endurance racing. JGTC/Super GT 300km These were real life events added to Gran Turismo.
Circuit Practice with AI cars on track. A plethora of One Make races. Turbo only events. NA only events. Single Manufacturer races. Again, more than what we have now in GT Sport.

A few replications in GT Sport:

- I posted, in the Daily Race thread, Shane Van Gisbergen's Bathurst 12H qualifying lap. GTS Circuit Experience at Mount Panorama, uses the same 650S GT3, to complete the challenge.

- GR.3 Mount Panorama Endurance race.

- Porsche Cup Endurance.

- Super GT lite. We've got GT League Multi-class, but it's not 300km races like the real series or race lengths like what we've had in past games.

- GR.3(GT3 Endurance races). Only 60 minutes of the Nord, not the 24H event or multi-class. We have the Monza race(similar to the GT3 only Blancpain event).

Kaz saying GT7 will be similar to GT1-4, it's that fullness of varying racing events from all those games. It's placing all user friendly content from those games into on game. Players want that.

Players also want improvements. So, I don't see a problem with having a game that has all the aspects of GT1-4, but better everything(graphics, AI, replayability, etc.). How can we, as players, lose?

You must have a bad memory. If you don't think the AI has improved over 16 years. That's like 2 whole console generations - you are obviously bitter about something or in complete denial?

Also career/championship mode is shorter because now your driving career is meant to be part of the Sport mode, and include real life driving progression against real people.

A missing pace car from the licence tests is hardly a 'feature'?

The vertical split screen option makes perfect sense for today's 16:9 standard screen ratio, unless of course you are still using grandma's 4:3 CRT light bulb in a box?
I think it improved yes

So because of online we can cut the offline aspect? Sound fair.

Playing on a 4:3 CRT at my grandma's house with a friend is actually some nice fun.

Last edited:
I think it improved yes

So because of online we can cut the offline aspect? Sound fair.

Playing on a 4:3 CRT at my grandma's house with a friend is actually some nice fun.

GT4's A.I. is really bad. They have no regard for the player except for when they are directly behind, in which case they will struggle to move off of their line to pass, even on a course as wide as Test Course. GTS's A.I. does that much more successfully on top of being briefly capable of side-by-side racing and pit strategizing (at least when there's a set number of laps).

And GT4 has plenty of dumb A.I. moments too: braking too late, which happens often, going off course and not being able or taking forever to find their way back on. On the rare occasion GTS A.I. makes this mistake, they are always able to get back on, and even wait for everyone to pass so they don't cause an accident.

I have access to both games so this is pretty fresh in my memory.

GT4's A.I. is really bad. They have no regard for the player except for when they are directly behind, in which case they will struggle to move off of their line to pass, even on a course as wide as Test Course. GTS's A.I. does that much more successfully on top of being briefly capable of side-by-side racing and pit strategizing (at least when there's a set number of laps).

And GT4 has plenty of dumb A.I. moments too: braking too late, which happens often, going off course and not being able or taking forever to find their way back on. On the rare occasion GTS A.I. makes this mistake, they are always able to get back on, and even wait for everyone to pass so they don't cause an accident.

I have access to both games so this is pretty fresh in my memory.
Based, I haven't played since a long time anyway.

Features missing from Gran Turismo Sport's Singleplayer (2017), that was in Gran Turismo 4's GT Mode (2004)

* Used Car Dealership

* Car Part Tuning

* GT Auto Car Care

* SinglePlayer Manufacturer Race Events

* A working economy (Ex: Once upon a time, players actually had to pay 47,500 Cr. for Racing Super Softs. There was A REASON to use a different tire instead of just choosing the best on the top of the list in car settings.)

* Brake Upgrades (The only reason I mention this, is because it should have been in GT Sport, along with the dumbed down tuning. If you can make a car faster, it only makes sense that you can also make it stop quicker.)

* City Circuits. (Which is a massive shame. Not just because Tokyo R246 is among the best tracks in the series, but city courses would look fantastic on GT Sport.)

* Physics that don't give an unfair advantage to wheel users. (ex: Certain cars in GT Sport are borderline impossible to be competitive without a wheel, unless you are racing other controller users. (ex: Go-Kart, Tomahawk, ect)

* Singleplayer Endurance Races

* License Tests that actually effect your progression through the game.

* B-Spec Races

* Race Meeting (Offline Track Day events - Think GT Sport track day lobbies, but the track is filled with AI instead of players.)

* Aero/wing shop

* Significantly Better AI, which is pathetic when you remember GT4 is over 15 years old.

* The ability to buy any set of rims you wanted, whenever you wanted. (Just recently I was making a livery on GT Sport, and had to wait roughly a month and a half of constantly logging on to check the mileage exchange refresh to see if the game had the specific rims for my livery I was making. Brutal game design.)

* Award cars from events, that could also be sold for money to help you progress through the game, or buy a car you want.

And I'm assuming many people will make the argument after reading this: "That's not fair! GT Sport is a spinoff title for ONLINE RACING"

Features missing from Gran Turismo Sport's Multiplayer (2017), that was in Gran Turismo 5's Multiplayer (2010)

* B-Spec Remote Race (In GT5's B-Spec mode, you could create a whole roster of B-Spec drivers, and each driver would have a set up skills that would improve by doing races. Once you got a driver you were confident with their skills, you could share this driver to your friends, and they then could include these drivers in their own B-Spec races. You would then get money sent back to you, based on how your B-Spec driver performed in your friends B-Spec race.

* Shuffle Mode (This mode gives a random car to every player in the lobby, based on the Performance Points settings. Some cars would be better in the straights, some would be better in the turns. It was usually the host's job to find a good track to balance all the different types of cars.)

* Open Lobby Performance Points Balancing (important - because N-Class/Gr. isn't balanced. PP is. )

* The ability to send gift cars to your friend. (ex: I had a large list of friends on GT5, and we would all send eachother cars on our birthdays.)

* Friend car loaning (A feature that allowed your friends to loan cars to you, for use in GT Mode)

* Open Lobby Car Rentals (where the game would let you borrow a car, that was eligible for the host's lobby. Similar to how it is in Sport mode, but with a much bigger lineup of cars)

* Car Category Restrictions (The ability to only let certain car categories in your lobby. ex: Le Mans Prototype, Super Formula, NASCAR, ect...)

* Drivetrain Restrictions (Ex: FF, FR, AWD, MR, ect)

* Auto-Race start cycle. (A host could setup a race, and then have it automatically start after the amount of time

* The Ability to select a car from your garage, which will then be duplicated and given to players in your lobby to race. (So another words, this is how you setup One-Make races to your liking. which also isn't in GT Sport's Open Lobby system. wow, so surprising.)

* Voice Chat (This could be enabled/disabled through lobby settings. Players can also mute certain players of their choice.)

* Player kick-out vote. (pretty sure this could be used on AFK hosts as well if my memory serves me right, but I can't find it listed in GT5's Manual.

* My Lounge (This can best be describe as a 'party room'. Basically just a private open lobby each player has attached to their community profile, that can be used to create scheduled private sessions. I'm assuming this was mostly used by private leagues, and large groups of friends who regularly played in private.)

...but yeah, youre right. People are just blinded by nostalgia, and just miss the pretty menu screens.

Last edited:
Features missing from Gran Turismo Sport's Singleplayer (2017), that was in Gran Turismo 4's GT Mode (2004)

Car part tuning is still more or less in GT Sport its just not as fancy to look at.

GT Auto Care Car was a nice gimmick but that was literally all it was. Wash my car, oil change lol...

Like I said earlier a lot of the single player portion and Championship racing has been moved over to the 'Sport Mode'. This is where you can find stuff like the Single player Manufacturer events etc.

Again as mentioned previously, GT Sport is more Sport & Race car orientated. Therefore it makes sense to not have to compromise on budget tyres or brakes? You wouldn't put something from Halfords onto a Lambo would you?

City courses you have a point but maybe they were dropped because a lot of those courses were extremely tight, awkward and not designed for sports car racing? Especially if you like to get through cleanly.

I don't fully agree with you on the physics. Maybe you need to improve you analogue stick skills and add a bit of throttle feathering to your game. I don't have a wheel either and I've never felt any major disadvantage? But i imagine if i did invest in one it would make me a much better player.

I was a little shocked to see the endurance races dropped from GT Sport but my PS4 certainly wasn't. There are a number of reasons why these may have been left out? I'm assuming that it simply may have been down to them not being very popular. Its a great idea in terms of realism - to have a real race that takes 24hrs to complete, but maybe that kind of heavy grind just fell out of favor among the majority of gamers? And without this type of race B Spec is pointless.

Race meetings can still be done under the Arcade menu, just swap the laps for endurance. You also get 20 cars to a race as opposed to 6.

Again GT Auto was nice gimmick, and car tinkering is still in GT Sport to some capacity. However the option to add spoilers to cars might be missing due to the majority of Sport and Race cars already coming fitted with them.

Cant accept the AI statement... sorry. You are majorly discrediting yourself.

A lot of the multiplayer stuff you talk about is out dated due to the advent of access to broadband and popularity of online play. You can still apply restrictions to lobby's and there is nothing stopping you from communicating with other drivers and properly managing rooms.

You sound majorly disappointed with GT Sport which is a great shame. Maybe you are a little bit stuck in your old ways?

How is GT Auto a gimmick? You drive your car, it gets dirty, you choose to wash it or not. You drive your car, oil gets dirty, you decide to change it or not. That's real life. Even car engine performance dropped off if the car isn't serviced. Buy a used car from the used car dealership, if it had dirty oil, change the oil. That's real life.

The rear GT wings, were something japanese culture did as well. Adding GT wings to an AE86 is real. Keiichi Tsuchiya had one added to his N2 AE86, after seeing the benefits of rear downforce(he used to run a ducktail spoiler).
Feat-N2trd2.jpg

17fc560b33fe67447268cfb42bd8b3ce.jpg

It's about options and content. GT Sport wasn't built with thses past items in mind. Some were added after. Past GT games may have not been packaged with some items, but for the most part, there was plenty to fiiddle with over GT Sport.

Last edited:
I don't think you realise just how big of deal GT4 was and the impact it made on the industry as a whole. The franchise reached a peak then - no game since has been able to capture the magic of that game. GT5 came close to emulating the GT4 experience but a few glaring oversights prevented it from reaching the same legendary status. GT4 is the best Gran Turismo and you'll see why when you go back to it. The whole aesthetic and feel of the game has seemingly stood the test of time. It's the gold standard.

Last edited:
Besides, the title of this thread reads, "....more like classic GT titles...". I'd love to see an PS5 GT4 reboot with all its content and current graphics. Again, broken record time... make all the necessary improvements players have been asking for. Astronomical sales for sure.

* Shuffle Mode (This mode gives a random car to every player in the lobby, based on the Performance Points settings. Some cars would be better in the straights, some would be better in the turns. It was usually the host's job to find a good track to balance all the different types of cars.)

Shuffle Mode was amazing. This definitely needs to be in every future GT game. Such good casual racing.

As someone who have been with the series since GT1 (only missed GT3 & GT4), I'm going to be frank here and say that I'm bored to death of the "classic" GT experience and I don't want PD to just copy it exactly in GT7. At this point I've had enough of going through Sunday Cup, race against mobile chicanes (with a catch the rabbit in the end), upgrade or buy faster car, rinse repeat for the whole of GT League. GT Sport made me realize just how dull and boring the offline part of Gran Turismo is. I don't want GT7 to be online only, but there needs to be a massive overhaul of the single player experience for it to be engaging, and not simply another iteration of a game made in the late 90s.

What I would do:

Career Structure
- Licenses tests, driving missions, circuit experience and special events are fine as is.
- GT League needs to be structured like a racing calendar with clear sense of progression from slower categories. Tighter car restrictions (no tuning except for tuning specific events) and more homogenous grids (no more mixing cars from different eras or racing series together). Start with national leagues then gradually build up to international. At the end of every season you can choose to participate in capstone events (N24 or LM24). Along the way there are various invitational races to keep it interesting (and allow beginners a quick race in some of the expensive cars without buying it). How you do over a season influences your driver rank and determines if you can move up to the next stage. If you've played Race Driver GRID, you know what I'm talking about.
- AI needs to be improved massively so they can put up a fight and get rid of catch the rabbit racing. Also bring back qualifying.
- Optional feature to race against real players online instead of AI in GT League events.
- Every race should consume fuel & tyres (even if only 1x is fine for lower levels).
- Option to create teams, with liveries and sponsors applied to all your cars. Everything you do in game (offline or online) contributes to the team XP/rank (see Driveclub).

Cars & Tracks
- The car collecting experience is fine, but no more grinding 20+ hours just for a single car. They should be prize rewards at least once. Alternatively have a "brand loyalty" system - if you drive a lot with a certain manufacturer, you get discounts buying their more expensive cars.
- Car list ideally takes inspiration from Forza, with a few of PD's quirky additions of course.
- Bring back manufacturer specific events (can also contribute to brand loyalty points above).
- Brand Central with museum is fine as is.
- Track list combining fictional and real world tracks, and every track should have time/weather. Wet lines simulated. No more teleporting pitstops.
- If rally stays, fix the offroad physics and make it so we have proper narrow long stages instead of circuits.

- Improve the DR/SR to be more robust over long term and not just a snapshot of your last race. Everyone should aim to get as high as possible. If you sandbag and lose races purposefully, the game logic will detect this and freeze your DR to prevent further drop. Also all info stored server side, so you can't delete your game save and start over.
- Improve penalty system, damage model, points system and server stability.
- Shuffle racing should return.
- More options in online lobby. Someone hacked GTS and found that the options we can see are not even half of what is adjustable.

Extra Features
- Scapes and photomode are mostly fine. More locations and more cars in one shot would be nice.
- Livery editor are fine as is. Better search feature required so we don't have to rely on external websites.
- B Spec may or may not return. If it does, give an option to have Bob as your teammate in offline races to double earnings.
- Car gifting and maybe even tune sharing. Also possibly you can donate any excess money you don't want to help poorer people on your friends list, once you have bought all cars.
- Better sound (changes with upgrades).
- Graphics are fine. Really I'm happy if graphics stay the same as GT Sport. Stable 60 FPS and VR-able in all modes are more important than extra eye candy.
- Finally, better physics and default setups that make sense. No more silly tuning exploits like reverse rake. Downforce based on wing levels not just an arbitrary scale. Also gear tuning needs to be massively simplified (discrete ratios, not infinitely impossible adjustment bars). And please add the most basic adjustment of all: tyre pressures!

I'm sure I missed a few things here and there, but that's it for the moment. Give yourself a pat on the back if you read all that :lol:

Last edited:

* Used Car Dealership

* Car Part Tuning

* GT Auto Car Care

* SinglePlayer Manufacturer Race Events

* A working economy (Ex: Once upon a time, players actually had to pay 47,500 Cr. for Racing Super Softs. There was A REASON to use a different tire instead of just choosing the best on the top of the list in car settings.)

* Brake Upgrades (The only reason I mention this, is because it should have been in GT Sport, along with the dumbed down tuning. If you can make a car faster, it only makes sense that you can also make it stop quicker.)

* City Circuits. (Which is a massive shame. Not just because Tokyo R246 is among the best tracks in the series, but city courses would look fantastic on GT Sport.)

* Physics that don't give an unfair advantage to wheel users. (ex: Certain cars in GT Sport are borderline impossible to be competitive without a wheel, unless you are racing other controller users. (ex: Go-Kart, Tomahawk, ect)

* Singleplayer Endurance Races

* License Tests that actually effect your progression through the game.

* B-Spec Races

* Race Meeting (Offline Track Day events - Think GT Sport track day lobbies, but the track is filled with AI instead of players.)

* Aero/wing shop

* Significantly Better AI, which is pathetic when you remember GT4 is over 15 years old.

* The ability to buy any set of rims you wanted, whenever you wanted. (Just recently I was making a livery on GT Sport, and had to wait roughly a month and a half of constantly logging on to check the mileage exchange refresh to see if the game had the specific rims for my livery I was making. Brutal game design.)

* Award cars from events, that could also be sold for money to help you progress through the game, or buy a car you want.

And I'm assuming many people will make the argument after reading this: "That's not fair! GT Sport is a spinoff title for ONLINE RACING"

Features missing from Gran Turismo Sport's Multiplayer (2017), that was in Gran Turismo 5's Multiplayer (2010)

* B-Spec Remote Race (In GT5's B-Spec mode, you could create a whole roster of B-Spec drivers, and each driver would have a set up skills that would improve by doing races. Once you got a driver you were confident with their skills, you could share this driver to your friends, and they then could include these drivers in their own B-Spec races. You would then get money sent back to you, based on how your B-Spec driver performed in your friends B-Spec race.

* Open Lobby Performance Points Balancing (important - because N-Class/Gr. isn't balanced. PP is. )

* The ability to send gift cars to your friend. (ex: I had a large list of friends on GT5, and we would all send eachother cars on our birthdays.)

* Friend car loaning (A feature that allowed your friends to loan cars to you, for use in GT Mode)

* Open Lobby Car Rentals (where the game would let you borrow a car, that was eligible for the host's lobby. Similar to how it is in Sport mode, but with a much bigger lineup of cars)

* Car Category Restrictions (The ability to only let certain car categories in your lobby. ex: Le Mans Prototype, Super Formula, NASCAR, ect...)

* Drivetrain Restrictions (Ex: FF, FR, AWD, MR, ect)

* Auto-Race start cycle. (A host could setup a race, and then have it automatically start after the amount of time

* The Ability to select a car from your garage, which will then be duplicated and given to players in your lobby to race. (So another words, this is how you setup One-Make races to your liking. which also isn't in GT Sport's Open Lobby system. wow, so surprising.)

* Voice Chat (This could be enabled/disabled through lobby settings. Players can also mute certain players of their choice.)

* Player kick-out vote. (pretty sure this could be used on AFK hosts as well if my memory serves me right, but I can't find it listed in GT5's Manual.

* My Lounge (This can best be describe as a 'party room'. Basically just a private open lobby each player has attached to their community profile, that can be used to create scheduled private sessions. I'm assuming this was mostly used by private leagues, and large groups of friends who regularly played in private.)

...but yeah, youre right. People are just blinded by nostalgia, and just miss the pretty menu screens.
Now, that I want to be fair, I have to correct something. GTS removes tuning yeah, but the GT Auto part is in Livery Editor, where there you can change the rims, albeit of course GT4 has freedom to buy them (I have to commend something in GTS though, it seems that the rim choice is back to GT4's variety there after 2 last games which reduces the choices). There's also Manufacturer Race Events in GTS, but they're placed in GT League with others, like Z Heritage.

Tokyo R246 is IMO clearly better than Tokyo Expressway tho, much more dynamic in layout.

Car part tuning is still more or less in GT Sport its just not as fancy to look at.

GT Auto Care Car was a nice gimmick but that was literally all it was. Wash my car, oil change lol...

Like I said earlier a lot of the single player portion and Championship racing has been moved over to the 'Sport Mode'. This is where you can find stuff like the Single player Manufacturer events etc.

Again as mentioned previously, GT Sport is more Sport & Race car orientated. Therefore it makes sense to not have to compromise on budget tyres or brakes? You wouldn't put something from Halfords onto a Lambo would you?

City courses you have a point but maybe they were dropped because a lot of those courses were extremely tight, awkward and not designed for sports car racing? Especially if you like to get through cleanly.

I don't fully agree with you on the physics. Maybe you need to improve you analogue stick skills and add a bit of throttle feathering to your game. I don't have a wheel either and I've never felt any major disadvantage? But i imagine if i did invest in one it would make me a much better player.

I was a little shocked to see the endurance races dropped from GT Sport but my PS4 certainly wasn't. There are a number of reasons why these may have been left out? I'm assuming that it simply may have been down to them not being very popular. Its a great idea in terms of realism - to have a real race that takes 24hrs to complete, but maybe that kind of heavy grind just fell out of favor among the majority of gamers? And without this type of race B Spec is pointless.

Race meetings can still be done under the Arcade menu, just swap the laps for endurance. You also get 20 cars to a race as opposed to 6.

Again GT Auto was nice gimmick, and car tinkering is still in GT Sport to some capacity. However the option to add spoilers to cars might be missing due to the majority of Sport and Race cars already coming fitted with them.

A lot of the multiplayer stuff you talk about is out dated due to the advent of access to broadband and popularity of online play. You can still apply restrictions to lobby's and there is nothing stopping you from communicating with other drivers and properly managing rooms.

You sound majorly disappointed with GT Sport which is a great shame. Maybe you are a little bit stuck in your old ways?
Yeah, car wash and change oil is a meme but stop treating it as the truth (I mean, those 2 being part of it is true but to dumb down them as only that..). GT Auto is the place of car modifications and care, albeit this one's for GT5 and GT6, there is the place to change colors, add aero kits, other maintenance than oil like body rigidity, etc. Otherwise yeah, it's also real life aspect to take care of your car like washing it or changing its oil, and of course add everything they can from GT4, GT5, GT6, and GTS' Livery Editor for GT7.

Tuning being only restricted to power and weight reduction level in GTS isn't "the same but less fancier". GT should have educational factors, and it always does in the past. It should help people understand the effects of upgrading different parts. Like someone who had no idea what a port polish was, or what a port was to a car, or that the thumbnail was a picture of an cylinder head, but the curiosity of what is upgraded can drive them to learn about it.

You seem to just blindly bash the past content, where you claim picking any past feature is Fifa model of preserving trash, or that anything new is always "push the series forward" like the city courses are removed so they suck and stop seeing the appeal in it and wanting them back. Or even excusing the removal of tuning and brake upgrade; I hate removal of features in the newer games, but you're blind in the opposite way of nostalgiatards do where "all past features are bad, stop wanting it". It's maybe pointless to you but if you don't like a feature don't use it? Better keep something like B-Spec (not in GT5 way, don't, though also evolve the B-Spec), just for more choices, like to grind if you're busy so the game can be played with you being able to do other activities.

Yes there's popularity of online play and access to broadband, but the fact is, some people dont have enough money to pay a stupid crappy subscription just to play the online on a game they bought on a console they bought, there are people who dont want to deal with that online crap, there are people who play casually (and those who mock these ones are toxic elitists), there are people who dont have enough time for that, there are those who have connection problem, etc. This also applies to events being restricted to the Sport Mode in GTS, and only like under 20% of the playerbase uses Sport Mode.

And PD will keep what they've accomplished in GTS y'know... they'll contain the online features that is made in GTS, but also the single player experience in older GT. Best of both worlds. Wanting it to be like GT4 doesn't mean to remove those present features in GTS ffs. GT7 is said as "past, present, and future" experience of GT.

Yeah, GT removed map screen and spinning icons before, but replace it with what?? A more generic menu system that is omnipresent in racing games nowadays. I'd like for GT to stand out from others, rather than just following the crowd but it being praised over the past one because "it's new".

Last edited:
As someone who have been with the series since GT1 (only missed GT3 & GT4), I'm going to be frank here and say that I'm bored to death of the "classic" GT experience and I don't want PD to just copy it exactly in GT7. At this point I've had enough of going through Sunday Cup, race against mobile chicanes (with a catch the rabbit in the end), upgrade or buy faster car, rinse repeat for the whole of GT League. GT Sport made me realize just how dull and boring the offline part of Gran Turismo is. I don't want GT7 to be online only, but there needs to be a massive overhaul of the single player experience for it to be engaging, and not simply another iteration of a game made in the late 90s.

Indeed.

I think what Polyphony has largely been doing for the last twenty years has been remasters, where what people want is a remake. If you look at Resident Evil 2 Remake or Final Fantasy VII Remake, they did really well because they do a really good job of keeping what was great and fun about those old games while using modern game design and mechanics to remove all the clunkiness. GTS aside, Polyphony has for the most part made the same game six times.

I think there's a great game to be made that keeps the feel and spirit of the original Gran Turismo, but that does so in a way that doesn't involve 1990s game design where copy/paste events and arbitrary roadblocks were peak gameplay. People who have been posting Best Motoring stuff are on the right track, and Polyphony could do a lot worse than start from scratch making Best Motoring: The Game. I think such a game would end up being spiritually very Gran Turismo in a way that a lot of fans would enjoy, but wouldn't necessarily be stuck with all the legacy bollocks that has become almost inseparable from Gran Turismo.

You seem to just blindly bash the past content, where you claim picking any past feature is Fifa model of preserving trash, or that anything new is always "push the series forward" like the city courses are removed so they suck and stop seeing the appeal in it and wanting them back. Or even excusing the removal of tuning and brake upgrade; I hate removal of features in the newer games, but you're blind in the opposite way of nostalgiatards do where "all past features are bad, stop wanting it". It's maybe pointless to you but if you don't like a feature don't use it? Better keep something like B-Spec (not in GT5 way, don't, though also evolve the B-Spec), just for more choices, like to grind if you're busy so the game can be played with you being able to do other activities.

My friend, all I am saying is that I trust PD's judgment and the decisions they made going forward into GT Sport. I for one really enjoy the game, and can see why they did what they did. Remember they are the experts and I trust they have done there due diligence when it comes to making the big decisions for the future of the franchise.

Yes there's popularity of online play and access to broadband, but the fact is, some people dont have enough money to pay a stupid crappy subscription just to play the online on a game they bought on a console they bought, there are people who dont want to deal with that online crap, there are people who play casually (and those who mock these ones are toxic elitists), there are people who dont have enough time for that, there are those who have connection problem, etc. This also applies to events being restricted to the Sport Mode in GTS, and only like under 20% of the playerbase uses Sport Mode.

I really don't mean to come across as 'Elitist' but isn't an internet connection pretty much needed if you want to participate in the gaming world?
The 16-bit days were great but they are long gone now and the world has moved into the digital age. Approx 75% of games require a installation patch with 1st time boot. Heck, the 2 biggest players in the console market have both released digital versions of there latest consoles! Because that's where the future is... Casual gamers in my eyes are the kind of people who play mobile games :irked:. People who take the plunge and decide to invest there money into a console are more committed gamers, and shouldn't really be thinking 'not wanting to deal with online crap', this is now the new normal. Just like how everybody who is anybody (including your grandparents) has a mobile phone.

I really don't mean to come across as 'Elitist' but isn't an internet connection pretty much needed if you want to participate in the gaming world?
The 16-bit days were great but they are long gone now and the world has moved into the digital age. Approx 75% of games require a installation patch with 1st time boot. Heck, the 2 biggest players in the console market have both released digital versions of there latest consoles! Because that's where the future is... Casual gamers in my eyes are the kind of people who play mobile games :irked:. People who take the plunge and decide to invest there money into a console are more committed gamers, and shouldn't really be thinking 'not wanting to deal with online crap', this is now the new normal. Just like how everybody who is anybody (including your grandparents) has a mobile phone.
There is a difference between having an internet connection for updates, which you may have to do occasionally, and needing to have an internet connection to play aspects of the game, or even the whole game.

Someone without an internet connection could go to friends or family periodically for updates, but if a game needs a constant connection for certain aspects of the game, or to actually work, then those people are either partially fu..., I mean stuffed, or totally stuffed.

Most of the functionality of GT Sport is lost without an internet connection, when in theory only the online racing aspect should be dependant on being connected. Hopefully for GT7 there will be more content not depending on an active internet connection. Created content and progress especially. Ymmv.

And the digital versions of the consoles are mainly to do with the method of game purchases, disk or download. The actual games on either version of a console work the same way, once installed, and depend on how the game was designed to interact with the internet for gameplay, or not, and what version of the console does not matter.

And as in my example above, even if you only had a digital version of a console, the only time you may need to connect to the internet is for updates, and in this case purchases. Again, depending on the individual game as to whether it is playable without an internet connection.

This really comes down to your playstyle of Gran Turismo games.

Are you a player who enjoyed making full use of past tuning options?

If you answered yes, then the lack of Turbo kits/Superchargers, Ballasts adjustments, different types of transmissions, wing shop, Chassis Rigity Improvements, drivetrain improvements, ect takes away a lot replayability in GT Sport for many players.

If you answered no, then your rebuttal of "Car part tuning is still more or less in GT Sport its just not as fancy to look at" makes perfect sense, and I understand why you would feel that way. You aren't going to notice something that's gone, when its something you never made use of.

GT Auto Car Care was a nice gimmick but that was literally all it was. Wash my car, oil change lol...

I definitely agree that's how it felt in its first iterations, but I liked the way GT Auto's purpose progressed into the PS3 era. By requiring you to rebuild the engine of cars with high mileage from the Used Car Dealership, if you wanted the full amount of power that the car would have new. If you are going to buy a cheap car with very high mileage on the cheap, it makes sense the car would have some issues. It makes sense that you would need to pay money to restore the engine, and get the most power possible. If want to save money, you can also just use the car in its depleted form, and sell it afterwards. Just sounds like game balancing to me. Also, I agree Car Washes are silly, but they could easily add some life to the silly feature if the car progressively got dirtier the more you ran off track in future games... Almost like the game would be telling you indirectly 'you suck at driving'.

Let's not act like Gran Turismo Sport doesn't have its own fair share of gimmicks too. I remember one of Kazunori's strategies for promoting GT Sport was telling players they would get an 'FIA Digital License' while competing in Sport mode. I don't even think that even came to be, because it was so silly.

The Manufacturer Cup races you are referring to currently aren't in the game because the FIA Championship season is over, and the date when the next season will begin isn't even revealed yet.

Also, this isn't what I was referring to anyway. The 'Manufacturer Events' in GT4 were events listed in the manufacturers Brand Page. These events were championships that only allowed certain models of the hosting brand, to compete against one another in a Championship. These races were some of the best rewarding events in the early portion of the game. It gave you a reason to try different cars, and it was a nice feature. For example, Subaru's 'Stars of Pleiades' awarded over Cr. 75,000 for winning the championship in a Subaru which could be bought cheaply in the Used Car Dealership.

On the topic of GT Sports Manufacturer Cup: The only other thing to do in Sport mode when the season is over, is play the A,B,and C daily races provided to players, over and over on repeat till the list is refreshed once a week. That is in no way a suitable replacement to the elaborate, diverse, and expansive GT Mode of Gran Turismo 4.

Maybe it doesn't belong in Sport mode, for competition balancing sake. But in the rest of the game, you shouldn't have the ability to add Racing Super Softs to your Aston Martin DB11 as soon as you buy it. It makes all the other 12 tires choices in the game, completely worthless. It just doesn't make sense from a game balancing or the realism prospective that you used.

Have you ever heard of the Long Beach Grand Prix? The Macau Grand Prix? The Detroit Grand Prix? Sports cars use street circuits, GT Sport had no good reason for not putting them in the game. Unless of course if giant skyscrapers and large amounts of detailed buildings proved too demanding for PS4 hardware, with 16 players on one track.

I don't think you understand what I mean. The Go-Kart in GT Sport, requires a very specific driving technique to be competitive, that is IMPOSSIBLE with a controller. The reason I know this, is because I have played the game extensively with both a wheel and a controller (which I prefer because I play every other racing game I own with a wheel, and GT is more enjoyable with a controller).

The technique goes: Carry as much speed into a corner as possible, tap the brake just enough to avoid going off the course and to shift the weight to the front tires, quickly turn-in to unsettle the rear tires, and the get back on the thottle as soon as you hit the apex. You will then be able to go around most of the corner, with the throttle flat on the floor. This has the most advantages on tighter circuits with hairpin turns like Tsukuba and Brands Hatch. The reason this is impossible with a controller, is because you can't 'whip' the steering input fast enough on turn-in to get the car into a micro powerslide state. There are other cars I've been told (particularly some of the HyperCars, and Gr. X) that are also really hard to drive with a gamepad, but I have yet to try it for myself because I don't feel like spending the credits on those cars. The point is, These problems shouldn't exist in a simcade game where most of the player base is on a controller. ESPECIALLY on a game with a ranked competitive mode.

It could be more popular if they evolved the mode to have driver swaps as a co-op feature... but they thought cutting it our all together was a better idea. (this critique is also one that I have against GT6)

I hope you realize Gran Turismo Sport isn't the only game in the series to have a large amount of race cars with wings preinstalled. Again, this isn't a good defense for content cuts. We had the ability to add wings in the 2004 release of the game, a game which also had many race cars.

I suppose there really is no way of convincing you otherwise. The fact of the matter is, GT4's AI was from a game released in 2004. GT Sport's was from a game released in 2017. I would take GT4's sporadic (but fast) AI, over GT Sports mannered (but slow) AI, any day of the week if it means not being in 1st place by over a mile, in the same cars as the competition. I prefer to be raced, not be handled with kids gloves by the AI because the game assumes I have never touched a racing game in my life.

Keep in mind, I never claimed GT4's AI was the best (The original Automobilista on PC has that award imo). My argument is, that GT Sport's AI took one step forward by making the AI drive cleaner, but two steps back by somehow making the AI much slower than what we had 15 years ago.

I'm sorry, but your ignorance is really showing here. You can't limit what type of cars are allowed in GT Sport open lobbies. The only restrictions you have is weight, power, tires, and class restrictions. (and in case you didn't know, GT Sports N-Class system is completely broken). None of which allow you to restrict what cars can, and can not be entered. It was a standard feature in the only other two GT games with multiplayer, and GT Sport cut this from the game with no explanation. Have you ever noticed the ton of lobbies in GT Sport that are titled 'STREET CARS ONLY, NO GR1,GR2, OR GR3 OR KICK', 'RACE CARS ONLY OR KICK', 'JDM CARS ONLY, NO MUSCLE OR RACE CARS'

To make things more frustrating, I have seen players often swap to a disallowed car at the last second before a race starts, just because they know the host most likely won't be damned enough to back out of the race to kick them out.

I challenge you to start a Gr. X Super Formula open lobby without someone trying to bring in their Gr. X Tomahawk or Gr. X Mercedes F1 Car at least once in a session. You will be surprised how many people refuse to read Open Lobby titles, or just love blatant trolling.

Actually, I wouldn't have such a negative opinion of the game if they didn't have the nerve to charge $60 for the puddle the game released as. I'm happy I waited to buy the game, till I could find it for a cheap price in late 2018 (which ended up being $10).

Overall, I love the livery editor, the creative content sharing, the diverse driving feel across all cars, the new sounds, the amount of detail in the car models, the new suspension physics, and much more. A new evolved GT Mode, car part tuning, GT Auto, and a proper open lobby editor is all that is missing to me. If they can include all that in GT7 while keeping the new eSports fanbase satisfied as well, I'll be happy. It may even end up being in the running for the best GT game, who knows.

Last edited:

What I would do:

Career Structure
- Licenses tests, driving missions, circuit experience and special events are fine as is.
- GT League needs to be structured like a racing calendar with clear sense of progression from slower categories. Tighter car restrictions (no tuning except for tuning specific events) and more homogenous grids (no more mixing cars from different eras or racing series together). Start with national leagues then gradually build up to international. At the end of every season you can choose to participate in capstone events (N24 or LM24). Along the way there are various invitational races to keep it interesting (and allow beginners a quick race in some of the expensive cars without buying it). How you do over a season influences your driver rank and determines if you can move up to the next stage. If you've played Race Driver GRID, you know what I'm talking about.
- AI needs to be improved massively so they can put up a fight and get rid of catch the rabbit racing. Also bring back qualifying.
- Optional feature to race against real players online instead of AI in GT League events.
- Every race should consume fuel & tyres (even if only 1x is fine for lower levels).
- Option to create teams, with liveries and sponsors applied to all your cars. Everything you do in game (offline or online) contributes to the team XP/rank (see Driveclub).

Cars & Tracks
- The car collecting experience is fine, but no more grinding 20+ hours just for a single car. They should be prize rewards at least once. Alternatively have a "brand loyalty" system - if you drive a lot with a certain manufacturer, you get discounts buying their more expensive cars.
- Car list ideally takes inspiration from Forza, with a few of PD's quirky additions of course.
- Bring back manufacturer specific events (can also contribute to brand loyalty points above).
- Brand Central with museum is fine as is.
- Track list combining fictional and real world tracks, and every track should have time/weather. Wet lines simulated. No more teleporting pitstops.
- If rally stays, fix the offroad physics and make it so we have proper narrow long stages instead of circuits.

- Improve the DR/SR to be more robust over long term and not just a snapshot of your last race. Everyone should aim to get as high as possible. If you sandbag and lose races purposefully, the game logic will detect this and freeze your DR to prevent further drop. Also all info stored server side, so you can't delete your game save and start over.
- Improve penalty system, damage model, points system and server stability.
- Shuffle racing should return.
- More options in online lobby. Someone hacked GTS and found that the options we can see are not even half of what is adjustable.

Extra Features
- Scapes and photomode are mostly fine. More locations and more cars in one shot would be nice.
- Livery editor are fine as is. Better search feature required so we don't have to rely on external websites.
- B Spec may or may not return. If it does, give an option to have Bob as your teammate in offline races to double earnings.
- Car gifting and maybe even tune sharing. Also possibly you can donate any excess money you don't want to help poorer people on your friends list, once you have bought all cars.
- Better sound (changes with upgrades).
- Graphics are fine. Really I'm happy if graphics stay the same as GT Sport. Stable 60 FPS and VR-able in all modes are more important than extra eye candy.
- Finally, better physics and default setups that make sense. No more silly tuning exploits like reverse rake. Downforce based on wing levels not just an arbitrary scale. Also gear tuning needs to be massively simplified (discrete ratios, not infinitely impossible adjustment bars). And please add the most basic adjustment of all: tyre pressures!

I'm sure I missed a few things here and there, but that's it for the moment. Give yourself a pat on the back if you read all that :lol:

Your problem of racing against mobile chicane is an AI problem instead of career problem (though you do list the others), but that one doesn't impact only the career but also anything else in the game... PD had hiring spree which includes AI job but dunno.

Well, B-Spec already had a tiny aspect of team, with race management since GT4 and the driver management/hire on GT5. Probably use B-Spec as a whole team management mode, adding more than those 2 already done in the franchise. Other than teammate also want the game to allow B-Spec driver to enter a race by itself without the need to spectate, while the player can do something else.

GT already had a sense of progression from slower categories right? With Sunday Cup being just the name of one of the slowest events. National and International are the name of the Licenses lol, GT had freedom of progressing from slower to faster with license or just completing all the licenses at once to be a sandbox where you can enter any event (though GT6 restricts for the former). Though yeah driver rank is different thing.

GT5 had a bit of step in right direction for offroad with GT Rally, which are sprint stages, though iirc it was still wide. Manufacturer events affecting that brand is also something I wanna see (which nowadays is lumped with usual events since GT5 like Vitz Race), they should contribute to that manufacturer yeah, like brand loyalty and bonuses like discounts.

I definitely agree that's how it felt in its first iterations, but I liked the way GT Auto's purpose progressed into the PS3 era. By requiring you to rebuild the engine of cars with high mileage from the Used Car Dealership, if you wanted the full amount of power that the car would have new. If you are going to buy a cheap car with very high mileage on the cheap, it makes sense the car would have some issues. It makes sense that you would need to pay money to restore the engine, and get the most power possible. If want to save money, you can also just use the car in its depleted form, and sell it afterwards. Just sounds like game balancing to me. Also, I agree Car Washes are silly, but they could easily add some life to the silly feature if the car progressively got dirtier the more you ran off track in future games... Almost like the game would be telling you indirectly 'you suck at driving'.

Sometimes memes can get treated as a truth yeah, like GT Auto being all about car wash and oil change (for derogatory uses, treating GT Auto as just useless and not worth returning other than nostalgia). But overall yeah, in reality GT Auto becomes the place for car service (oil change and also the car maintenance) and car modification (color change, rim change, aero kits, and soon to be livery editor).

Last edited:
Back