Gran Turismo 7 Wins "Best Sports / Racing Game" at The Game Awards

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 73 comments
I so wish GT7 had been a more complete title, more deserving of this award (and many more). Single player content is sorely lacking, with no other championship events added in the several recent updates. How hard is it for them to add more races and championships with decent rewards? The game is already built, the cars and tracks are there, why not give us more and more events to use them? How in the world is there no single player race featuring Gr.1 cars at Le Mans, the very place that those cars are famous for racing at?

The daily points reward system is downright hostile and programmed to give out the worst rewards 95% of the time. Why PD? Why such hate and punishment for people who bought your game? I wish these questions would be asked during the recent interviews with Kaz.

I believe if need for speed unbound would had release in time to be a nominee it would had beat gt7.

I have no strong feeling over it winning all I know is this invite system is fast killing any little enjoyment I still have left for this game.

Also no one from pd was there to receive the award? guess that person didn't get the invite in the roulette wheel :lol:😌

Ok bad joke I'll leave.
:(

I agree with the sentiments that this is a reward for an undercooked, false promise of a return to the glory days of the franchise.

For a few years, my bread and butter has been online racing. GT Sport delivered on that with a very narrow focus, but pissed a lot of longtime fans off with almost no singleplayer.

GT7 provides an overly simplistic and heavily gated singleplayer experience that in no way caters to longtime fans that wanted that classic SP feel.

Online is still undercooked and not used to its full potential. Why are there no playlists, for lack of a better word, of online racing? What if I like formula cars, why isn't there a daily/weekly race category for formula racing? Why are there no non-world championship weekly race series?

When GT Sport came out, I felt it had the potential to revolutionize the game. Click on the Sunday Cup on the map, choose whether you want to race the offline or online version. Click online, be matched up against other players wanting to race the Sunday Cup online.

GT7 is tremendously wasted potential and makes me question the resource allocations internally at PD, for yet another release.

At this point, I, and many like me, have exited to go to iRacing. So it annoys me quite a bit that the fans who want that solid, amazing singleplayer experience can't even get catered to. Its the age-old question of: What the **** is Polyphony doing with their development time budget?

Last edited:
Congratulations PD!!! :cheers:
it's an opportunity to show how much he (Kaz) trusts and wants to develop this project called Gran Turismo 7!

Last edited:
pulp-fiction-john-travolta.gif

I agree with the sentiments that this is a reward for an undercooked, false promise of a return to the glory days of the franchise.

For a few years, my bread and butter has been online racing. GT Sport delivered on that with a very narrow focus, but pissed a lot of longtime fans off with almost no singleplayer.

GT7 provides an overly simplistic and heavily gated singleplayer experience that in no way caters to longtime fans that wanted that classic SP feel.

Online is still undercooked and not used to its full potential. Why are there no playlists, for lack of a better word, of online racing? What if I like formula cars, why isn't there a daily/weekly race category for formula racing? Why are there no non-world championship weekly race series?

When GT Sport came out, I felt it had the potential to revolutionize the game. Click on the Sunday Cup on the map, choose whether you want to race the offline or online version. Click online, be matched up against other players wanting to race the Sunday Cup online.

GT7 is tremendously wasted potential and makes me question the resource allocations internally at PD, for yet another release.

At this point, I, and many like me, have exited to go to iRacing. So it annoys me quite a bit that the fans who want that solid, amazing singleplayer experience can't even get catered to. Its the age-old question of: What the **** is Polyphony doing with their development time budget?

I guess this award is actually something that refers mainly to the actual multiplayer content, not so much to that traditional single player car collection gameplay. Multiplayer worked pretty fine since September update all the way until November update. Now it has some serious issues again.

Last edited:
Back