Gran Turismo 7's 1.25 Update is Coming This Week, With Four New Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 811 comments
For those interested, this is a Merak (top), a Merak SS (middle), and a Merak 2000GT (bottom); I've circled in blue the major external physical difference between the three:

1665940656008.png

Yep, the base Merak has a no grille between the headlights, while the SS and the low-output, 2.0 V6 version weirdly do. The 2000GT is distinguishable by the black styling line and lack of (although optional) front air dam.

Here's the tweaked silhouette:

1665940090457.png

Now, I'm not saying it's not there, just that I can't see it if it is...

Last edited:
Don't mean to be a downer but that's not the best foot forward by PD for a "larger update".

We have two "duplicates" in the form of another R35 GT-R GT3 and another ND Miata. I doubt too many people are going to get excited by those.

Then we have two cars destined for the god-awful Legends dealer. Yay.

Even though I have no time to play this game anymore, I'm sometimes glad I'm not worrying over it much anymore, the last several updates still have not addressed even the most basic issues PD highlighted in their "roadmap" for fixes and improvements.

It's too bad because the core game itself is so good. It's just everything around it seems designed specifically to guide you away from it and turn you off of wanting to play the game.

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7’s Next Update is Coming This Week, With Four New Cars

Gran Turismo series founder Kazunori Yamauchi has taken to Twitter to announce and tease the next update to Gran Turismo 7, which will arrive on consoles this coming week...
@Famine.Im not trying to be a dick or anything but is the update THIS week or next? I ask because Kaz tweet was this morning,sunday, and he says next week,which would make it week beginning 23rd Oct,dropping on thur 27th.

@Famine.Im not trying to be a dick or anything but is the update THIS week or next? I ask because Kaz tweet was this morning,sunday, and he says next week,which would make it week beginning 23rd Oct,dropping on thur 27th.
The business week starts on a Monday.

Also literally every other time Yamauchi has Tweeted on a Sunday about an update "next week", it has been the coming week.

Examples:
1.20 - Tweet on Sunday August 21 (2am UTC) "Update is coming next week"; Update arrived Thursday August 25

1.17 - Tweet on Sunday June 19 (10am UTC) "Update is coming next week"; Update arrived Thursday June 23
1.13 - Tweet on Sunday April 24 (9am UTC) "Update is coming next week"; Update arrived Monday April 25.

Last edited:
The business week starts on a Monday.

Also literally every other time Yamauchi has Tweeted on a Sunday about an update "next week", it has been the coming week.
Excellent news.Like i said,not being dickish just didnt want to get my hopes up a week early,nice one. 👍

I dunno, I think fantasy cars can be fun. They're very imaginative
The reason why people complain about them is because they're too impressive that they won't even get a chance to be recreated accurately in the real world, and plus fantasy cars take more time to build than actual ones.

I dunno, I think fantasy cars can be fun. They're very imaginitive
I'm fine with VGTs personally, but I think most of the complaints come from only getting 3 cars per month and having one slot "wasted" on a fake car (and for two of the updates that brought VGTs, they were just variations of existing ones). Add that to PD mostly pretending the world ended in 2017 and well...

The Merak and the Hakosuka are nice additions. But just that... nice, not super great or game changing.

The other 2... Just another R35 GT-R, as if we don't have enough of those, and ND Miata. I would've been fine with a NB or NC Miata though since those are the two generations left to be in the game and are unique generational models.
PD doing it as usual...

All irrelevant anyway. Unless something lika a significant supercar or hypercar or some significant race car makes an appearance, they won't really excite people that much.

Now... Selling Cars and More Missions and Formula/Red Bull/Gr.1/Gr.2 Championship Events.
Come on PD!!! 君なら出来るよ

These are really the only things that will pull me back into the game. Unfortunately, we only know about them when the updates are up.

I think they're still doing the 3 car rule but are adding an additional slot for variant models. The DLCs had been poorly received when a copy model took one of the slots. It's safe to say the new R35 GT3 and the C110 Skyline GT-R aren't copies of the existing counterparts but that MX5 looking car is an immediate twin of the existing ND model rather than a NB model.

The datam*ne did reveal some variant models in the backlog so this should be the expected trend going forward.
well. Even if this is true.
Having additional variant per update is better than just having 3 new cars.
And always liked variety in car variants in GT Series, it added a little bit of realism to the game by being able to met on track different versions of a car.

Where is the game heading now we have no more menu books, says in ending movie about the next chapter, probably wishful thinking for a GT Mode with fulfilling races like previous GT games.

Last edited:
That's an interesting wish.. what are you hoping will change there?
I'd mainly like to see racing events themselves, as well as the championships get sorted into something much better. I like the menu as it is for a place to find arcade/time trial/circuit experience currently, it's the opening each track to find the next race in a series that's clunky and off-putting.

I'd mainly like to see racing events themselves, as well as the championships get sorted into something much better. I like the menu as it is for a place to find arcade/time trial/circuit experience currently, it's the opening each track to find the next race in a series that's clunky and off-putting.
Ahhh fair enough, you mean the world circuits bit - I thought you meant the menu as a whole for some reason. Yeah I agree with that. If they continue adding more events it needs a massive restructure because it's near enough nonsensical as it is right now.

The ND RF version is on the leaked list so its probably that one.
I thought that too, but like Famine said, if it was the RF you'd be able to see the sloping roof from the back. Which leads me to believe it's either the 2.0 model or an NR-A/Cup version.

Last edited:
Back