Gran Turismo 7's 1.25 Update is Coming This Week, With Four New Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 815 comments
Looking forward to the Merak if it does turn out to be that. And hopefully an updated GTR GT3 that won't get bopped to pointlessness.

If the trend continues we should see a new circuit as well I believe. My money is on Apricot Hill still if we do get one. But even if we don't, this is a decent horde of cars.

Looking forward to the Merak if it does turn out to be that. And hopefully an updated GTR GT3 that won't get bopped to pointlessness.

If the trend continues we should see a new circuit as well I believe. My money is on Apricot Hill still if we do get one. But even if we don't, this is a decent horde of cars.

Apricot Hill would indeed be nice, as I feel like it’s one of the few GT-original circuits that doesn’t need much (if any) change to its layout.

I thought bottom right might've been an NB MX-5, which would make more sense than another ND.
ND has a thicker windscreen surround, deeper and sharper bonnet creasing and... well, this:

1665920000364.png

Also weird to see an update that's 50% GT-R and not have everyone complaining about "duplicate" GT-Rs. The times truly are a-changing.

ND has a thicker windscreen surround, deeper and sharper bonnet creasing and... well, this:

Also weird to see an update that's 50% GT-R and not have everyone complaining about "duplicate" GT-Rs. The times truly are a-changing.
I see what you mean with the MX-5. Maybe it's the RF version?

As for the GT-Rs... well, I suppose they are on complete opposite ends from each other. It would be as nonsensical as calling a Corvette C1 and C8 duplicates of each other. Which both need to come to GT7 soon, now that I think about it.

I see what you mean with the MX-5. Maybe it's the RF version?
The rear clamshell should obscure the OSR part of the boot lid. I think it's either a regular 2.0 or a fancy-pants special edition - given the usual time taken, maybe the lovely orange 30AE.
As for the GT-Rs... well, I suppose they are on complete opposite ends from each other. It would be as nonsensical as calling a Corvette C1 and C8 duplicates of each other.
That never stopped people including the Hakosuka, Kenmeri, and even Prince Skyline in the alleged 56 duplicates in GT4/5/6!

Last edited:

View attachment 1200737

Probably because they're different generations of GT-Rs (except for 2 R35s). What's with all these duplicate Miatas? Two NAs and now two NDs. For shame, PD. :lol:

We'll get extra menu collections, but not extra menu books. That's also part of the pattern.

Last edited:
Probably because they're different generations of GT-Rs (except for 2 R35s). What's with all these duplicate Miatas? Two NAs and now two NDs.
Ironically, I've seen lots of people recently saying they miss GT's old style of having numerous trim levels of each car. So whoever those people are should be pleased by the inclusion of a 2.0 ND.

Ironically, I've seen lots of people recently saying they miss GT's old style of having numerous trim levels of each car. So whoever those people are should be pleased by the inclusion of a 2.0 ND.
Who are these people, especially since there were no differences in performance back in the day?

One more thing; I'm surprised that it's only 3 weeks between content updates.

Who are these people, especially since there were no differences in performance back in the day?
I have no clue. I guess they're just being contrarian for the sake of it. "Grass is greener on the other side" and all that.

Last edited:
This looks good but not too fussed on cars.

Kinda found my niche using 500-600PP Road cars but finding lack of events for all cars a problem. Im beating the same old drum but I'd really like more than 3 events, and specifically events that extend to more class of car.

Sorry for negativity but new cars are only worthwhile if they can be used right? (Without being shoe-horned into other class races).

Last edited:
There was never anything inherintly problematic with including cars in different trims, many of which were only different in very minor ways. The problem was always that they counted each one as separate cars in the headline car figure, so in those headline numbers a Midnight Purple GTR and regular GTR counted as 2 cars just as much as a Ford Focus and a TVR Speed 12 counted as 2.

What they should have advertised was "500 cars with up to 1200 trim/model variations", or whatever. Then nobody would've had as much of an issue, people would've known what they were getting.

But when you advertise "1200 cars", people naturally assume they mean 1200 distinctly different cars. Not 33 Miata's of which 22 are the same cars with a different name/badge.

Last edited:
Surprising news to wake up to :) pleasantly surprised, though the MX-5 doesn't do much for me. Hopefully we get some nice paying events to add to the 4 meta grind races.

Last edited:
A week early AND more than three cars?! Wow! Good ones too, thrilled for Kenmeri and pleased to see Maserati finally getting treated better after 11.5 years of one car, now soon to be three! I was just thinking today about their channel section in Brand Central advertising the Ghibli, MC20, and a classic A6 that are absent, though about every brand has that same quirk.

Edit: Keen for any MX-5, really anything to bring the average car price back to sanity is welcome. Any regular road car, come on in, I need to recover from buying the MP4/4 with Circuit Experience money!

Last edited:
The car list seems to be decent but we have to wait and see about the rest of the update when it drops

I think they're still doing the 3 car rule but are adding an additional slot for variant models. The DLCs had been poorly received when a copy model took one of the slots. It's safe to say the new R35 GT3 and the C110 Skyline GT-R aren't copies of the existing counterparts but that MX5 looking car is an immediate twin of the existing ND model rather than a NB model.

The datam*ne did reveal some variant models in the backlog so this should be the expected trend going forward.

Back