Gran Turismo 7's 1.25 Update is Coming This Week, With Four New Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 811 comments
Hopefully Gt7 gets released for PC while also gets mod support(just a pipe dream at this point)

Modders will do a better job than Sony and PD.

I doubt GT7 will get any mod support because it will hurt their fragile egos.

Last edited:
With each update I'm just more and more curious about what is going on at PD. Not even upset or mad or anything (it is kinda funny even), just curious. Like, what's exactly their plan? Yet again I'm remembering how they were able to give ~10 new cars each month and a new track every 2 months, and since GTS launch they started using outsource and probably also hired more people. Maybe during that time their empoyees were at work 24/7 modelling new stuff on top of outsourcing, but now they came back to normal schedule and also got rid of the outsource? Yeah, GTS had quite a lot of backlash at launch for the lack of content, but there were much more positivity about the game in general, especially after first few updates. Meanwhile, GT7 also had backlash at launch (probably even a bigger one), and now, 8 months after, PD didn't really make any update to bring those upset players back. Yeah, I guess GT7' problems are not really about cars and tracks, but PD don't really do much about other things players been asking for either. And I'm sure people would complain way less if they would again get 10 cars each month and a new track every 2 months.
Of course, patch notes are still not there, and maybe it's gonna be the best update ever, will see tomorrow, I guess. Though it's not gonna change much about what I said.

"Experience the joy of driving.... with new scapes!"

Wow way to give both the middle finger and piss off fans at the same time as well with that pathetic quote PD
at least in scapes I'm not smashing into walls, this is a plus :ill:

Grand valley coming....
1666187277797.png

Think I said it before, but I really don’t care about returning original tracks.

I was super hyped for the ones we got in GT7, but I end up never playing them.

IMO they’ve aged poorly.

Give me Zolder or Kyalami or something.

Last edited:

I think Nenkai is doing better PR for Polyphony than the official account at this point

He can definitely do better than whoever runs officials accs, especially if he keeps posting cryptic hints (maybe less obvious ones than this one), so we can have some solid guesses, but never know what it is for 100%.
Definitely better, than just a weird repost of Kaz' teasers with smirking emoji (especially considering there seems to be nothing behind this emoji, since it's pretty much just those cars from silhouettes and that's about it)

I am really looking forward to the new GTR Gr3 car. IMO, the Gr3 cars are the bees' knees of the game; I think they are the perfect mix of everything and I love driving them the most. Even though this new GTR is simply a new revision of the current one, and even in its own right is not "new" (as it's already four years old), I am still looking forward to it. The more Gr3 cars the better, IMO.

My only question/thought on it is, will it just magically become the new META?

Last edited:

I genuinely wonder what the **** is going on over at PD at this point

I wanted to suggest something like this, but it doesn't make much sense for them to do. Yeah, they maybe can postpone one track for one month to reveal it on a big event, but it seems weird for them to wait more, looking at how people just keep getting upset more and more with each update. And there's definitely not more than that, keeping more tracks (or other content) for more than one update would be insane.

I knew we'd not get a track when they announced 4 cars and the update a week early. Next track will probably be an alternate pit road at a track that actually has one. I'm still surprised that we do not have Road Atlanta and Sebring yet. Owned by same group that owns Daytona and Watkins Glen and the tracks have been scanned and photographed by PD. I know this for a fact through a unnamed source that works for a particular organization based in Daytona Beach. Kaz actually visited Sebring when they were there.

Last edited:
I wanted to suggest something like this, but it doesn't make much sense for them to do. Yeah, they maybe can postpone one track for one month to reveal it on a big event, but it seems weird for them to wait more, looking at how people just keep getting upset more and more with each update. And there's definitely not more than that, keeping more tracks (or other content) for more than one update would be insane.
Plus the viewership for those events is still tiny, most people would just find out about anything in articles after the fact anyway. It doesn't drive hundreds of thousands to watch those events in anticipation of something. To even hope for that, they'd have to announce a reveal beforehand.

I knew we'd not get a track when they announced 4 cars and the update a week early. Next track will probably be an alternate pit road at a track that actually has one. I'm still surprised that we do not have Road Atlanta and Sebring yet. Owned by same group that owns Daytona and Watkins Glen and the tracks have been scanned and photographed by PD. I know this for a fact through a unnamed source that works for a particular organization based in Daytona Beach. Kaz actually visited Sebring when they were there.
Best sourced GTP rumour

Plus the viewership for those events is still tiny, most people would just find out about anything in articles after the fact anyway. It doesn't drive hundreds of thousands to watch those events in anticipation of something. To even hope for that, they'd have to announce a reveal beforehand.
Maybe thats te reason, they want to increase number of people watching and new tracks is for many more exciting than esports reaults but to be honest Kie doesnt have any inside knowledge here and is just guessing.

Last edited:
I believe something like that happened before, they announced "something" to be shown on the event beforehand like once, but I can't remember any details.
Also, we used to get info about upcoming cars during those events from the participants, because they usually had the new not-yet-released version, but that was of course not official and wasn't suppose to happen.

Back