Gran Turismo 7's 1.25 Update is Coming This Week, With Four New Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 811 comments
Also worth mentioning how PD doesn't even bother to notice us that we got new engine swaps in the update. Like it's not even relevant enough to be talked about... lol

Communication is the worst aspect of PD. Absolutely atrocious.

I don't even have the will power to boot up GT7 anymore to get the stupid daily ticket. A couple of my RL friends have already sold the game about a month ago. The game is just bad... The main factors for a game to be good, is how engaging and fun it is. GT7 simply lacks in both. It's basically turning itself into an elitist game for those who participate in Sport Mode and the real life Cups sponsored by GT. And even some of those people are complaining about the state of the game in that same aspect.

I will be on hiatus as well, however, I will keep grabbing gold medals from the time trials. But apart from that...yeah.
Ah yes, those are the only things I'll be doing as well. I won't even try and strain myself anymore to get a nice time, just get a solid time good enough to stay on Gold and be done with it, unless the car/track combo is really good to my liking.

I don't even have the will power to boot up GT7 anymore to get the stupid daily ticket.
I totally get it. Today I was like - "atleast let's get daily ticket to have some chance for new swaps"(I haven't played few months and I am missing all those engines that are locked behind this freaking RNG garbage), I turned on PS4 and I lost my will to turn on GT7 xD so I just connected my DS4 to charge battery 🤣

Also worth mentioning how PD doesn't even bother to notice us that we got new engine swaps in the update. Like it's not even relevant enough to be talked about... lol

Communication is the worst aspect of PD. Absolutely atrocious.

I don't even have the will power to boot up GT7 anymore to get the stupid daily ticket. A couple of my RL friends have already sold the game about a month ago. The game is just bad... The main factors for a game to be good, is how engaging and fun it is. GT7 simply lacks in both. It's basically turning itself into an elitist game for those who participate in Sport Mode and the real life Cups sponsored by GT. And even some of those people are complaining about the state of the game in that same aspect.
Usually i wouldn't agree with posts like this but even i who work 12 hours a day and play like 1 hour only this game have no motivation to complete the daily ticket anymore

mef
We shouldn’t complain but vote with our wallets next time. GT is a game to buy used for me now, it used to be day 1 but I plan to not be fooled next time.
I've played every GT game over the years. I bought a PS4 mainly for GT Sport, and a PS5 for GT7 specifically, assuming it was a return to a 'proper' GT game. 🙄 If GT8 appears on the PS5, I will not be buying new at full price. If it appears on a 'PS6', that will not be for me for game or console.

GT Sport was disappointing, but improved significantly. GT7 has been disappointing, and is not being improved significantly, imho, and it all seems half hearted with no apparent strategy, or reactions to people's concerns. So much improvement could be made with very little work apart from adding more cars and track, but it seems they are choosing not to.

So never again do they get full prices at launch from me when the games are the prices they are. I'm sure PD and Sony shaking at the loss of revenue from me. 🙄 :guilty::lol:

How bout Amateur Championships? Form leagues, by driving and social rank, seperate them in regions, and let everybody have a nice racing experience?

How bout amateur endurance racing with 4ppl teams?

The game would be able to do all that. No one cares about these 30 pros that PD is focusing on.

I have pretty stopped playing whenever i get the chance. I think if the daily tickets were actually random and not pre determined I might have more motivation to play. I have some many choices when it comes to racing now that GT doesn't have a hold on me like that. When the update came this week I played for the first time in about a month. I enjoyed it but I don't feel like playing it all of the time.

Tried a couple more street cars last night, and whatever PD tweaked with the controller settings, has made what use to be easy cars to drive, near uncontrollable, especially when adding race suspension. It's so bad, I was struggling to make a lap at HSR, in a 500pp car on SS tires, without losing it. The steering gets so touchy, just thinking about turning and it wants to go around. Put stock suspension back on, and it was easier to control, but still not right.

I'm done til they fix that crap.

MMX
Tried a couple more street cars last night, and whatever PD tweaked with the controller settings, has made what use to be easy cars to drive, near uncontrollable, especially when adding race suspension. It's so bad, I was struggling to make a lap at HSR, in a 500pp car on SS tires, without losing it. The steering gets so touchy, just thinking about turning and it wants to go around. Put stock suspension back on, and it was easier to control, but still not right.

I'm done til they fix that crap.
That's because for some reason, they adjust the cambers on race suspension to 3.00.

Changing them to 0.5 - 1.5 ish fixed that problem for me.

Last edited:
I don't even have the will power to boot up GT7 anymore to get the stupid daily ticket.
I only have the Ferrari Legendary car left to get to get Platinum, so all I'm doing is grinding Le Mans for credits for when it appears again in the showroom, and then that's me done with the game.

I'm sick and tired of the monotonous 'start from the back and chase the leader, who's half way round the lap when I pass the start line' format, in the single player events and the Menus. And some of those menus don't even require you to race.... in a racing game!! You just have to go to the dealership and buy a car, that's it. It's literally just a pretentious, glorified car collecting simulator, one man's pet project with such little thought for the fans or what they want, and a reluctance to change something that has such little emphasis on proper racing. And by that I mean practice, qualifying, racing, grid starts, or CLOSER rolling starts where you're side by side rather than 100yds apart. It's an appalling game for those who aren't bothered about Sport mode or the eSports GT events, but even for them, so much of it is broken.

I'm struggling to find a better example of a more waste of potential than this game. Probably Red Dead Online, actually.

Last edited:
I only have the Ferrari Legendary car left to get to get Platinum, so all I'm doing is grinding Le Mans for credits for when it appears again in the showroom, and then I'm done.

I'm sick and tired of the monotonous 'start from the back and chase the leader, who's half way round the lap when I pass the start line' format, in the single player events and the Menus. And some of those menus don't even require you to race.... in a racing game!! You just have to go to the deanship and buy a car. It's literally just a pretentious, glorified car collecting simulator, one man's pet project with such little thought for the fans or what they want, and with such little emphasis on proper racing. And by that I mean practice, qualifying, racing, grid starts, or CLOSER rolling starts where you're side by side rather than 100yds apart. It's an appalling game for those who aren't bothered about Sport mode or the eSports GT events, but even for them, so much of it is broken.

I'm struggling to find a better example of a more waste of potential than this game. Probably Red Dead Online, actually.
Ugh, everytime I think about RDO, I feel sad.

Ugh, everytime I think about RDO, I feel sad.
Yeah, so much potential. I just play now to make outfits and take pictures of my character to share on the Red Dead subreddits. I still have Blood Money to complete, so I have a good bit of content left, at least.

That's because for some reason, they adjust the cambers on race suspension to 3.00.

Changing them to 0.5 - 1.5 ish fixed that problem for me.
Yeah, tried that, not the problem. The patch notes stated they changed the controller, and they obviously upped the sensitivity. It was almost too sensitive already, as I had/have mine set at -2, the lowest possible setting.

MMX
Yeah, tried that, not the problem. The patch notes stated they changed the controller, and they obviously upped the sensitivity. It was almost too sensitive already, as I had/have mine set at -2, the lowest possible setting.
PD or Kaz is WHACKED! Instead of making the proper changes to the game, they go in and screw with something that does NOT need fixed. It's utterly absurd and confusing.

MMX
Most pad users I know have sensitivity at +10. Up from the previous maximum of +6. I haven’t particularly noticed any significant change.

Most pad users I know have sensitivity at +10. Up from the previous maximum of +6. I haven’t particularly noticed any significant change.
And probably why it won't get fixed. I'm the odd ball.

It was a noticeable difference going from ps4 to ps5, with the ps5 being a little more sensitive, and took me a while to get use to.

I don't see how anybody can drive with it turned up. It's so touchy now, it's ridiculous.

MMX
And probably why it won't get fixed. I'm the odd ball.

It was a noticeable difference going from ps4 to ps5, with the ps5 being a little more sensitive, and took me a while to get use to.

I don't see how anybody can drive with it turned up. It's so touchy now, it's ridiculous.
It’s worth practicing with max +10 sensitivity for a few hours. It’s surprising how quickly you adapt. From there you can dial it down and you’ll feel a bigger difference.

Ran my usual race car at LeMans 30 minute tonight, and it felt no different than before, and still running the same lap times, that I was running before the update. So that leads me to believe maybe something changed with the street cars, that's not effecting race cars, but one car is hardly a definitive conclusion.

+10 is too much because you lose feel in the steering, which interestingly enough effects how you use the throttle.

Best sourced GTP rumour
Still think it's a rumor? Being around Sportscar Racing in the Southeast of the US my 50 years on Earth, I have made lots of friends in high places and know things the general public does not. The next US based track we will get (most likely Winter/Spring 2023) will be Sebring International Raceway. Will probably drop right before or after the 12 Hours of Sebring.

Is it Winter/Spring 2023 yet?
Still think it's a rumor? Being around Sportscar Racing in the Southeast of the US my 50 years on Earth, I have made lots of friends in high places and know things the general public does not. The next US based track we will get (most likely Winter/Spring 2023) will be Sebring International Raceway. Will probably drop right before or after the 12 Hours of Sebring.

Dude move the goal post you have plenty of time to amend what you previously wrote, we know you're right and that evil Irish dude is wrong.
Is it Winter/Spring 2023 yet?
He clearly meant winter of 2023, everyone in the northern hemisphere knows that winter solstice starts on Thursday December 21st, 2023. So we have plenty of time, leave this poor futurist alone!!!

It's been a long Spring, let's hope Summer comes soon eh, would love some good weather

Back