Gran Turismo and the joy of music

• Thread starter Razamataz
  • 44 comments
The menu BGM is great, except for the aforementioned, god-awful irritating "London in Rain" and that equally annoying song about murder. Lenny Ibizarre, Mirror System and Kay Nakayama are my favorites.

The racing music is alright, but I'll always stick with my Spotify playlists, though.

I personally find the music while racing to be quite jarring.

My last outing in the VGT Gr.X field has some wacky eclectic stuff going on and I sort of had to shut it out of my mind as you know, your hands are fully with 1,000hp 1,000kg VGTs mixing it with the 2x...

I find the menu bgm great, they are very chill and makes the game feel very sleek and polished, but I prefer the jazzy tunes of GT5, it makes you feel you're right at home and man, they are great!

Aside from the ending credits song and the five end-of-race jingles for GT League/Sport Mode, I'm quite disappointed that Daiki Kasho didn't do any new songs for GTS. Perhaps it's because GTS wasn't meant to be a full title before they added GT League. *shrug*

I wonder if @Shirrako knows why he didn't do any new songs?
Each Generation of consoles changes the franchise, not only graphically but with the approach to the whole design, including music.
Polyphony went with a different feel for Sport, but when we return to the actual GT7, who knows.

I used the YouTube play list at work. Some of my co-workers were shocked when I told them it was from GT. And yep, they all liked London in the rain.

My wife heard this when I was creating a livery:

She thought I was watching an old movie. She called out to me to ask what channel it was on, so she could watch it. :lol:

Lenny Ibizarre - Sixty-four Hippos and I:Cube - Adore, are my favourites.

In terms of the menu soundtrack, Dream Machine is my favorite. The other menu soundtracks are great but there's something that Dream Machine has. Oh and when that song plays when you use View Car function on some of your favorite cars, it feels great.

As for the race soundtrack, I kinda wish they let us choose the songs that can be played during races so I can listen to the Daiki Kasho songs featured. Other than that, I'm liking Dis Generation by Tribe Called Quest, Take Control by Nittoku Inoue, Drive on Coins by MAKOTO, and Soul Surfer by Daiki Kasho.

In terms of the menu soundtrack, Dream Machine is my favorite. The other menu soundtracks are great but there's something that Dream Machine has. Oh and when that song plays when you use View Car function on some of your favorite cars, it feels great.
:cheers:

Love Pink Martini too!

I am so happy that this game has actual music instead of generic menu noises, reminds me of the days of Forza 2 :).

Gt sport's soundtrack is good apart from london in the rain and that annoying French song.

EXACTLY!!!!! Those 2 are really very annoying. I hate french music in general due to the annoying language and sound of french and THIS one drives me crazy every time.

Last edited:
Pretty fond of everything in the Menu BGM. Apparently I'm in the minority here, but I really enjoy London in The Rain and Pink Martini!

My favorites from the menu soundtrack have to be Symphonic Movement by RAM (a "song" which is actually split into three different songs - my favorite one is the second, which is an instrumental version of some Korean song), Morenito, Ethereal, Retreat to the Forest, Repetitive Manufacturing (I like this one because it reminds me of Gran Turismo 6's menu BGM) and a couple others.

At first I must admit I did not really embrace the change from jazz fusion of the previous games to what I can only assume qualifies as lounge/chillout music, but it's definitely grown on me.

The racing soundtrack, however...
It's both awesome and horrible. It's got super nice songs like Run Boy Run, Riot, Do You Know Me, and everything from daiki kasho, Nittoku Inoue and MAKOTO, but then it's got these god-awful stuff like LIFE/THRILLS, Stepping Stone (which are both horribly generic club songs) and BagBak, which I can confidently say is the worst song featured in a Gran Turismo game to date.

It's also got some songs that get old real fast, like Run You. It's fun to listen for a couple of races, but I find myself muting the game once it's on currently.

I really wish there was a way we could select which songs play and don't play, like we could back in Gran Turismo 6. Granted I'd probably only let daiki kasho playing for the rest of the game, and then I'd get sick of it too! :lol:

The menu BGM is great, except for the aforementioned, god-awful irritating "London in Rain" and that equally annoying song about murder. Lenny Ibizarre, Mirror System and Kay Nakayama are my favorites.

The racing music is alright, but I'll always stick with my Spotify playlists, though.
Same tbh, if only there's the built-in music playlist option...
The only vocal menu songs that I liked are No Communications, No Love, Jus Dance and Morenito

good times

My favourite menu musics in GTS are 'Kemmei - Majestic Blue', 'Naoki “naotyu-” Chiba - #99Player’s' and 'Naoki "naotyu-" Chiba - Brickyard'.

Oh, and I do quite like the French song...

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back