Gran Turismo Car Models Now Made in Three Months, Outsourced to India

Just that, the problem is the trim, like you listed there has different hp, performance, other specs, and price. They look similar at first glance but the list shows the difference like separate cars. I also want something to sort out this like the car variations but dunno.

As NFS Porsche Unleashed is about, well, Porsche, how about your suggestion there being used for manufacturer events in Brand Central, integrated with Museum?

I am talking about the Evolution career mode in Porsche Unleashed, it was wonderful and would really give value to different cars of different era's especially when you include full trims of all cars. It would end up being a very deep career mode.

I am talking about the Evolution career mode in Porsche Unleashed, it was wonderful and would really give value to different cars of different era's especially when you include full trims of all cars. It would end up being a very deep career mode.
Yeah I know, which else in NFS Porsche for career mode? And what crossed my mind was about both GT's Museum (GTS now) and Manufacturer Events (old GT) on Brand Central combined, where Evolution mode was like those 2 for Porsche on bigger scale.

That becomes an issue when trying to play online. What are you going to do at that point? Segregate the player base?
yes

I mean Forza used ghosts in place of non-owned DLC cars in multiplayer, I don't see how something like that can't be implemented.

And simply, if people just dont want to use standard type cars, they don't have to

I think everybody wins in that regard. Some will play for the premiums, some will play for the standards & some will play for both

yes

I mean Forza used ghosts in place of non-owned DLC cars in multiplayer, I don't see how something like that can't be implemented.

And simply, if people just dont want to use standard type cars, they don't have to

I think everybody wins in that regard. Some will play for the premiums, some will play for the standards & some will play for both
Forza used ghost for a handful of cars if you didn’t have the dlc. This is hundreds of cars that are a polygonal mess. You’d get hit by a car that was obviously not the same dimensions of the random vehicle that they used as the placeholder because not every car has the same dimensions of the random VW silhouette they used.

It’s not going to happen and for very good reason too. They don’t belong in any modern game. They don’t even belong in any last gen game nor the gen before.

Forza used ghost for a handful of cars if you didn’t have the dlc. This is hundreds of cars that are a polygonal mess. You’d get hit by a car that was obviously not the same dimensions of the random vehicle that they used as the placeholder because not every car has the same dimensions of the random VW silhouette they used.

It’s not going to happen and for very good reason too. They don’t belong in any modern game. They don’t even belong in any last gen game nor the gen before.

Capcom vs SNK crossovers did it to some extent, I reckon it doesn't hurt if it's an option :D more value for the consumer esp if it's optional ;)
Then again, you can't please everyone

The worst part is Kaz Yamauchi saying that they could actually make around 60 cars per year with their current resources. It would take 10 years to reach 1,000 cars LOL. Not taking into account that they have only released 30 cars in 10 months. 🤦‍♂️

The worst part is Kaz Yamauchi saying that they could actually make around 60 cars per year with their current resources. It would take 10 years to reach 1,000 cars LOL. Not taking into account that they have only released 30 cars in 10 months. 🤦‍♂️
I'm not sure what you expected. The models are incredibly detailed, among the best in the genre. Each takes 6 months to make, the team isn't that large, and Sony don't have a magic money tree to hire more modelling staff. It's no wonder they're slow.

and yet they only pushed out 3 cars per month for the past several months with the exception of 2 months.

I do understand why it will take 3 months to complete each car model because the developer wanted this game franchise to look so eye candy, the same goes for that Turn 10's Forza Motorsport series.

That means Polyphony Digital and Turn 10 both have very big teams for 3D model car detailing for their respective games.

Edit: To me, Gran Turismo & Forza Motorsport are both brothers.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you expected. The models are incredibly detailed, among the best in the genre. Each takes 6 months to make, the team isn't that large, and Sony don't have a magic money tree to hire more modelling staff. It's no wonder they're slow.
Nobody is denying that. I agree fully with you. However, in the interview, Kaz explicitly states that they could be modeling cars up to twice as fast as their current update release pace. So, where's the other half of cars that he's claiming to be able to make? Clearly, they are trying to extend the life of this game so much, that IMO it's starting to burn some of its user base. And remember, nowadays people have so much distraction that the waiting game is such a hard sell.

What happened of this? Didn't Yamauchi say only recently that it still took 270 days per car, not 90 days as claimed that the outsourcing could do?

It's clear that they're saving half the models they make for either the next GT or future updates to GT7.

Latest Posts

Back