Gran Turismo @ E3 2014, General discussion, news and speculation.

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 121 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
Chicago
fortbo
fortbo
Post any thing about Granturismo at E3 2014 in this thread. It's in the title.
http://www.justpushstart.com/2014/05/sony-dates-e3-2014-press-conference/ It says the date for the Sony conference is June 9th.

Edit:
Jordan said
I am not going to E3 because I've been told there will be no Gran Turismo announcements at this year's show. Hopefully that will prevent the hype train from leaving the station to its inevitable demise. :)

It seems we won't get any news from E3.

Last edited:
Don't we have a whole week to go yet before the event? I doubt we'll see much, possibly something mentioned as coming to the PS4 but I'm not expecting any details or trailers. Likely just a small presentation about the other features we're still waiting on for GT6, such as the course creator, community features and VGT cars, that would be my guess.

I think they'll be a lot more to talk about in next years E3, when GT7/GT7P/GT6 remastered has had more development time.

Not sure how they're marketing arm will attack it. The true fans and followers of the series have to be a little skeptical about anything they may say, show or preview relating to content that "is in the works". I would think they're best tact would probably be "look at what we just added to GT6!" Promising future stuff will do nothing but alienate a large portion of the fanbase.
And previewing GT7P or GT7 at this point in GT6's life cycle will do nothing but piss people off to the point of abandoning the Series altogether.

Not sure how they're marketing arm will attack it. The true fans and followers of the series have to be a little skeptical about anything they may say, show or preview relating to content that "is in the works". I would think they're best tact would probably be "look at what we just added to GT6!" Promising future stuff will do nothing but alienate a large portion of the fanbase.
And previewing GT7P or GT7 at this point in GT6's life cycle will do nothing but piss people off to the point of abandoning the Series altogether.
Nice to know that you're not in a good mood but I'm sure many would consider it to be good news if Gran Turismo 7 is announced at E3. The PS4 needs another racer it only has NFS:Rivals and Driveclub.

Nice to know that you're not in a good mood but I'm sure many would consider it to be good news if Gran Turismo 7 is announced at E3. The PS4 needs another racer it only has NFS:Rivals and Driveclub.
My mood is fine...

Not doubting that at all. The PS4 needs a lot of titles. But if it is GT7 with GT6 being what it is today, who in their right mind would buy it when there are many legit options on other consoles?

The Senna content gained PDI a lot of goodwill. But there is still a decent sized faction of avid GT gamers who will not invest in the GT Series anymore because of the poor execution of GT6, what with it's large number of advertised features which are still not in the game 6 months later.

Last edited:
I have always been an xbox guy back in my teenage days and switched to PS3 in 2009, but speaking from the past Gran Turismo has never really showed much at E3... they seem to always keep the news for that Tokyo game convention or whatever.

but if they do announce a gran turismo for the PS4 I will be one happy happy guy!

I have always been an xbox guy back in my teenage days and switched to PS3 in 2009, but speaking from the past Gran Turismo has never really showed much at E3... they seem to always keep the news for that Tokyo game convention or whatever.

but if they do announce a gran turismo for the PS4 I will be one happy happy guy!
Usually that is true but what was weird was with GT6 that was switched, they had a new trailer at E3 but showed nothing new at TGS. So you never know what can happen.

My bold predictions:

GT6 on PS4 - could happen
GT7P on PS4 - a distinct possibility
GT7 on PS4 - just might happen
Feature delivery date for GT6 - the odds are there
New unknown features for GT6 - you never know
New DLC packs for GT6 - quite possible
Absolutely nothing new - there's a chance

My mood is fine...

Not doubting that at all. The PS4 needs a lot of titles. But if it is GT7 with GT6 being what it is today, who in their right mind would buy it when there are many legit options on other consoles?

The Senna content gained PDI a lot of goodwill. But there is still a decent sized faction of avid GT gamers who will not invest in the GT Series anymore because of the poor execution of GT6, what with it's large number of advertised features which are still not in the game 6 months later.

Many have bought "The Last of Us" with the season pass.

They waited over 8 months to get the content and I have not heard many complaints...
Why at PoDi, it should go faster ? Up there, they kept their promises, it remains to wait for the others features.

And if they announce GT7 end 2015, nothing will prevent to continue to follow GT6.

For E3,I don't expect anything. Kazu announces its games only a few months in advance, now.

And it's still too early for GT7.

Last edited:
I predict they'll either reveal a new VGT car, go further into the details of missing features in GT6, or reveal upcoming car/track content for GT6, or just say screw it and announce a PS4 GT title, or something else that will surprise us.

Guess we'll have to look for @amar212's cryptic revelations of awesome in the days to come before E3.

I predict that a GT6 Spec 2.0 is the more likely scenario if PD shows up at E3. Showing a concept trailer for GT7 Prologue might be on the cards, but a PS4 announcement without mentioning any word of the future content for GT6 (GPS track maker, community features, Zahara etc), will propbably infuriate more people than PD already has.

I think they will show new DLC, maybe GT6 on PS4. But I think it is still way to early for GT7.

If GT7 is shown this year I think it will be at the Tokyo Game Show. E3 will have a big DriveClub push and we are bound to see Uncharted 4 and the new open world RPG Guerilla IP. Future GT6 content and updates are all I expect to see regarding Gran Turismo.

Although it is rumoured PD have collaborated with a car manufacturer to produce a new cupholder which will eventually make it's way to the game...

i don't understand why GT6 on ps4 could be useless
GT6 is only 6 months out and you want a new version on ps4 with what a better eye-candy ?
wow so great ... with the same bugs as on gt6 ?
they can do compatible version on both ps3 and ps4
with updated graphics (cars/tracks) on the ps4
and work to make it better, bigger, stronger
For me it's the only way they have to not piss people off and to keep loyal with peoples who bought GT6 on ps3

i don't understand why GT6 on ps4 could be useless
GT6 is only 6 months out and you want a new version on ps4 with what a better eye-candy ?
wow so great ... with the same bugs as on gt6 ?
they can do compatible version on both ps3 and ps4
with updated graphics (cars/tracks) on the ps4
and work to make it better, bigger, stronger
For me it's the only way they have to not piss people off and to keep loyal with peoples who bought GT6 on ps3
By not doing anything useful at all to the game. You're just saying sell us the same game we bought six months ago with prettier graphics and make us pay 460 bucks for it all over again when you can just do the same on the same game you bought on the same old PS3 console six months ago. Instead of making an entirely new Gran Turismo game on the new PS4 console, with better everything while GT6 on the PS3 continues to evolve and fix itself.

for peoples who have a ps4 and already have GT6 on ps3 and really want to buy it, yes what you say is true
maybe a 5€ voucher to buy it through ps store, if you already have it on ps3 will satisfy you ? ;)
but for me and some others, a new GT7 on ps4 so early, is a no go and a big bye bye see you never anymore to PD
they better have to bring on the features advertised as will come in future and make compatible online versions for ps3 and ps4

Many have bought "The Last of Us" with the season pass.

They waited over 8 months to get the content and I have not heard many complaints...
Are you talking about Last of Us Remastered on PS4? It's expected release date is Q3 2014, why would anyone complain when the dates have not arrived yet? And do you think if we get to Q1 2015 and it hasn't been released, there will be no complaining?

Last edited:
They WONT reveal it at E3, due to DriveClub taking centre stage. :(
That is what I'm thinking too.
Both PD and evolution are Sony studio's changes are they will say nothing about Gt untill Driveclub is released.

On the other hand, if they do you can still first get the PS+ version untill Gt is released which again will not generate any money.

Now I've confused myself :odd:

By not doing anything useful at all to the game. You're just saying sell us the same game we bought six months ago with prettier graphics and make us pay 460 bucks for it all over again when you can just do the same on the same game you bought on the same old PS3 console six months ago. Instead of making an entirely new Gran Turismo game on the new PS4 console, with better everything while GT6 on the PS3 continues to evolve and fix itself.
I think you're right but I also think that in the remote chance they do release GT6 on PS4, it'll sell just based on the name only and just because it's on PS4. I wouldn't buy it whether I have PS4 or not, it's in no way shape or form close to what I expect on PS4 in it's current state. It would have to have a major overhaul in many areas, in which case it's GT7 and not GT6 and then I'll wait for reviews and probably still not buy it:lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back