Gran Turismo @ E3 2014, General discussion, news and speculation.

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 121 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
If GT6 for PS4 gets announced at E3 with no mention of what was promised to us for GT6 on PS3, I am done with Sony, and PD. :(

Now that I think about it again. I think they might just announce GT6 spec 2 for PS3 and bundle as well. PS3 is not having much games for it. Although after spending hundreds of hours in GT6 I think I am ready to move to PS4 if not by the end of this year definitely next year. I still have lots of games for PS3 to play.

Now that I think about it again. I think they might just announce GT6 spec 2 for PS3 and bundle as well. PS3 is not having much games for it. Although after spending hundreds of hours in GT6 I think I am ready to move to PS4 if not by the end of this year definitely next year. I still have lots of games for PS3 to play.
Look back three or four posts for epic disappointment:D Pays to keep up with the thread.

Jordan's post doesn't surprise me!

And honestly, I doubt that they announce an update...

Generally, Sony introduces sales figures and upcoming games. Very rare, not to say never, they return to the games already released....

On the other hand, not impossible that there is something on the officia lsite but there still, I prefer to stay cautious.

This is Driveclub year, let it be! It's shaping up nicely... really pretty game.

2015, it'll be GT7 year. I hope.
More like 2018, :lol: but I think we really need this year to be for GT6. What ever happened to car and track dlc every month?

More like 2018, :lol: but I think we really need this year to be for GT6. What ever happened to car and track dlc every month?
Shush, nothing to see here kids, it never happened :sly:

Happy now?

Actually no. You may as well edit the first post to simply "Discuss". You don't start a thread just for the sake of creating a thread or being the first to create an E3 GT 2014 thread. Why am I harping on you? Because I clicked on your thread yesterday expecting some actual information regarding E3 and GT. Instead, I got 2 sentences staking your claim to all things GT at E3. I hope you can understand my disappointment.

Last edited:
No successful business can drop support and promised content for a current product and hope to retain all of their fanbase. The window for Kaz answering questions is weeks so he hasn't failed to answer anything yet. I'd say give it until the end of July and if we haven't heard anything by that point, then we have a right to complain. Without a set date for answers, it's silly to begin moaning about it now.

They can still announce PS4 version of some sort without totally drop support for ps3 version, just that it is not on the ps3 they should focus. Think they would be alone ( i might be wrong) talking PS3 game. No, if they dont have anything for ps4 then they might as well skip E3. Why bother saying stuff that already has been announced for a game that is already out for a platform that is old.

Actually no. You may as well edit the first post to simply "Discuss". You don't start a thread just for the sake of creating a thread or being the first to create an E3 GT 2014 thread. Why am I harping on you? Because I clicked on your thread yesterday expecting some actual information regarding E3 and GT. Instead, I got 2 sentences staking your claim to all things GT at E3. I hope you can understand my disappointment.
Well I'm sorry I disappointed you...

No announcements at E3 contradicts with the rumors that have been tossed around here and here, as well as Kaz's supposed timeframe for when we can expect the game. Not that that means anything, it's not like Sony and Kaz haven't contradicted themselves multiple times in the past. I just find it funny that there's so much misinformation floating around.

No announcements at E3 contradicts with the rumors that have been tossed around here and here, as well as Kaz's supposed timeframe for when we can expect the game. Not that that means anything, it's not like Sony and Kaz haven't contradicted themselves multiple times in the past. I just find it funny that there's so much misinformation floating around.
Well it looks like the "insider" was wrong too and should never be believed again.

A website desperate for hits and a Tweet from some nobody? :lol:

I also have a rumour, Kazunori will parade onto the stage with Dan Greenawalt and announce Gran Forzismo Horilogue for the Polyurn 10.

Projec Cars is not on the list either, nor Drive Club? Sony will have most booths if im correct...what will they announce? Roumors of more remakes, and GT is i guess one of them that is rumoured. If im positive, Kaz has not time to answer our questions because he is readying him self for E3 :)
http://www.ign.com/wikis/e3/Games_at_E3_2014

I am not going to E3 because I've been told there will be no Gran Turismo announcements at this year's show. Hopefully that will prevent the hype train from leaving the station to its inevitable demise. :)

So with that, why is this thread still open?

No offence, but that news pretty much makes this thread as well as any mention of GT at E3 useless now.

If there is some GT6 booth at E3, its nothing more then people playing some demo build featuring the latest content (which will likely be the VW VGT). Otherwise, its over folks. Go home.

Sad really, majoriy of people here literally have no reason for E3 other then GT. Is there really no other games you guys play?

I think PD / Kaz is increasingly distancing GT from the "traditional" circus of the game shows. Are there any motorsport events they might try to hijack again? Or are they hoping their heft can command more bespoke events like the Silverstone and Ronda ones last year?

No offence, but that news pretty much makes this thread as well as any mention of GT at E3 useless now.

If there is some GT6 booth at E3, its nothing more then people playing some demo build featuring the latest content (which will likely be the VW VGT). Otherwise, its over folks. Go home.

Sad really, majoriy of people here literally have no reason for E3 other then GT. Is there really no other games you guys play?

Oh I definitely play other games.. but I'm crazy about more lesser known games like Yakuza.. (massive sadness about Sega not bringing Yakuza 5 to NA or letting Valkyria Chronicles waste away on the handhelds). I don't have a gaming PC yet but I'm really looking forward to getting one as I've already bought some games on Steam even though I can't play them on my laptop! :lol: I always love this time of year when E3 rolls around. So fun!!

Maybe PD won't be there & maybe they don't have anything big to announce about GT but I'd really be sad if GT wasn't mentioned at all during Sony's show. There's still a chance they could mention something right?? :( Kaz plz..

I think PD / Kaz is increasingly distancing GT from the "traditional" circus of the game shows. Are there any motorsport events they might try to hijack again? Or are they hoping their heft can command more bespoke events like the Silverstone and Ronda ones last year?

Well, there is the 24 Hours Of Le Mans Next week, followed by the 24 Hours Of Nurburgring...

Not expecting much from Sony's presser anyway to be honest, would have loved to see some next gen GT footage even if the game would be a year or two away. Doubt they'll skip TGS though.

Also doubt even more they'd announce something at a motoring event rather than E3, an E3 which Sony isn't likely to put on a stellar performance.

Well, there is the 24 Hours Of Le Mans Next week, followed by the 24 Hours Of Nurburgring...
Yeah, true, but those are GT "staples" by now. I suppose I was really thinking of more off-beat stuff, such as gatecrashing car shows and the like.

The timing is about right for the 24 Hours of Nürburgring, as a kind of Ersatz-E3, publicity-wise - especially since Kaz is kind of a "feature" of the race now. Maybe that's enough, assuming they can draw enough attention.

Maybe they're just further away from making any announcements than we hope, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back