Gran Turismo Experiences Widespread Christmas Day Server Outages

• Thread starter StealthVel
  • 87 comments
C545F188-AA79-407A-A5F7-84DF88E8A748.jpeg

Looks like they’re back online now, at least for the moment
Seems its for real now.

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Andrew Evans (@Famine) on December 25th, 2019 in the Gran Turismo Sport category.
Hillarious that the news got posted right after the problem is solved...... atleast until random problem appears anytime in the future.

Was going to say to give PD a minute to get this resolved as they are and always have been very good at being quick to resolve these type of issues. Great job PD on the quick turn around, and I'm sure the servers will stabilize.

Can confirm that the servers are running well for me at the moment (famous last words). Regained access to my decal/livery collections as well, though they still take longer to load than usual.

I'm amazed anyone would want to enter, it's Christmas day - have a day off and enjoy family and friends! Cheers! :cheers:

Others may not be as fortunate as you to have family and friends around to spend the holidays with. Don't judge another's activity based on your own.

Edit.

@Lebowski....I don't know why your post bothered me so much but it did. So take all of what I have to say with a huge grain of salt.
I spent a few, more than 10, holidays away from my family and friends. I was languishing away in some tent on a deployment thousands of miles away from home. Some of those places aren't even on the map. But I did that so people like you could spend time at home with their families and not have to worry about the bogeyman coming to say Bah Humbug in a very loud way. During these times is when I first picked up a controller to play GT3. Only getting 15 minutes at a time in some morale rec tent. Btw, this is not some oh woe is me moment. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
In addition, maybe some people just got there new wheelbase, pedals or disk of GT Sport for Christmas and want to have a good time. Unfortunately I don't get my Podium Racing Wheel F1 until tomorrow. Don't rain on their parade. Let them have their fun.
Take your own advise and get off of the forum and enjoy your family and friends.

Last edited:
Had some issues late last night. But today the servers, decal/livery loading etc, seems much quicker than at any previous time.

As of this afternoon (Netherlands, around 16.00) I had no issues. The online races were working perfectly and also the liveries I had could be found and applied... :)

Others may not be as fortunate as you to have family and friends around to spend the holidays with. Don't judge another's activity based on your own.

Edit.

@Lebowski....I don't know why your post bothered me so much but it did. So take all of what I have to say with a huge grain of salt.
I spent a few, more than 10, holidays away from my family and friends. I was languishing away in some tent on a deployment thousands of miles away from home. Some of those places aren't even on the map. But I did that so people like you could spend time at home with their families and not have to worry about the bogeyman coming to say Bah Humbug in a very loud way. During these times is when I first picked up a controller to play GT3. Only getting 15 minutes at a time in some morale rec tent. Btw, this is not some oh woe is me moment. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
In addition, maybe some people just got there new wheelbase, pedals or disk of GT Sport for Christmas and want to have a good time. Unfortunately I don't get my Podium Racing Wheel F1 until tomorrow. Don't rain on their parade. Let them have their fun.
Take your own advise and get off of the forum and enjoy your family and friends.

Not every contribution you make as a soldier is for the greater good of freedom or as you put it “so people like us could spend time home with our families”. Get over yourself.

You’ve done a job which most people would respect you for. But you chose your job, we civilians owe you nothing. You have no way of quantifying if or how your role as a soldier has impacted us either positively or negatively.

Not every contribution you make as a soldier is for the greater good of freedom or as you put it “so people like us could spend time home with our families”. Get over yourself.

You’ve done a job which most people would respect you for. But you chose your job, we civilians owe you nothing. You have no way of quantifying if or how your role as a soldier has impacted us either positively or negatively.

Sir, all I can do at this moment is SMILE. :)

>Article is about how the servers aren't working
>Shows an image of a Mazda 787B, an incredibly reliable race car
:odd:

Back