Gran Turismo FIA Championship 2020 World Final Takes Place December 5/6

The Manufacterer's Situation is very interesting. I'm guessing with driver changes not being a thing in GT Sport (Something only a in-person event could work around), they'll have to resort to just using the single best drivers in the world for each make overall.

Last edited:
The Manufacterer's Situation is very interesting. I'm guessing with driver changes not being a thing in GT Sport (Something only a in-person event could work around), they'll have to resort to just using the single best drivers in the world for each make overall.
Probably.

As a spectator though, I would love to see an increased lobby limit. 48 sounds nice. :lol:

Yeah, how they'll get the full team of drivers involved is going to be a real doozy. They'd have to completely change the format.

The only way I can think of that allows everyone to take part would be to have 4 races. For the first three, each driver does an individual race and they accumulate points as normal for their team.

After those races, the top 4 manufacturers would proceed to a final race where each manufacturer has 3 cars, allowing all the team drivers to contribute to the result. That would potentially bring its own problems though...

Yeah, how they'll get the full team of drivers involved is going to be a real doozy. They'd have to completely change the format.

The only way I can think of that allows everyone to take part would be to have 4 races. For the first three, each driver does an individual race and they accumulate points as normal for their team.

After those races, the top 4 manufacturers would proceed to a final race where each manufacturer has 3 cars, allowing all the team drivers to contribute to the result. That would potentially bring its own problems though...

That could be an interesting format. It could bring up an interesting tactical choice for the first 3 races - if you know your car is weak on an upcoming track, do you just use your weakest driver and treat is as a "throwaway" race. Or do you put your fastest driver and hope he can compensate for it?

Alternatively, they can just have the same race run 3 times with 3 different drivers, and then use the combined time to determine the winner?

In any case, it's a good incentive for PD to implement online driver swaps in their next game ;)

Would it work if the teams sat in the pits? First driver does how ever many laps. Say, the race is 11 laps. The first driver does 10 and comes into the pits to pass the baton, Next driver does 10 laps and comes in. The last driver completes the total 11 laps for the win.

So where are the drivers are required to use the same wheel, for anyone who doesn't already have it will Sony/PD ship them one each to their house? Also I wonder if every player will need some sort of face cam.

Anyone know what time the EMEA final is on today then? If it's streaming that is?

Edit: Nevermind, broadcast later

Last edited:
So where are the drivers are required to use the same wheel, for anyone who doesn't already have it will Sony/PD ship them one each to their house? Also I wonder if every player will need some sort of face cam.
The rules only say that all players must use a T-GT. I assume this means they have been sent out, because the alternative is that players without one and unable to buy one (which is everyone, as they're effectively unavailable right now) are not allowed to race.

It does say in the rules that Polyphony Digital has provided a face cam to everyone.

Anyone know what time the EMEA final is on today then? If it's streaming that is?

Edit: Nevermind, broadcast later
No stream, only broadcast. I originally said in the article that they would be streamed (so if you think you saw that, you aren't going mad!), but I was told later that they would be broadcast at a later date so I amended the article.

My theory for Manufacturers Championship would be three races like in a usual broadcast, but all three are of similar length, and the qualified drivers of each region race one full race with their regional competitors, as opposed to switching out.

I hope she can participate in some way...

JuliaGTP.png

And good luck to the boiz! :cheers:

Time to put the MAJOR SPECULATION hat on and one that would make me squee...

I noticed on Twitter today that Si Bishop tweeted that he just platinumed Miles Morales on the PS5, which means he must have had one for a little while now. He doesn't strike me as the sort of person who would get one for review purposes (please don't judge me for thinking that), so...

As there really isn't any news surrounding the manu event, they are holding the news back for a GRAND REVEAL.

What I think is going to happen is everyone who has qualified for the finals has been sent a PS5. The final races for Nations and/or Manu will be the BAC Mono at Trial Mountain on GT7 showing off a new GT7 feature: A team system (similar to a clan/guild etc...) that allows driver changes during longer or mandated races which will allow the traditional final manu event to take place.

After the finals are dealt with, there will be a announcement for a GT7 demo coming soon afterwards.

That would be an interesting situation if that was the case but I think it is very unlikely as I think the 'speculation' threads would be more abuzz if that were the case.

We do know that the participants have been sent the required wheels so I guess sending PS5 consoles to the homes could also happen but there must be some very strict security in place.

What I will say if this tweet gets deleted then you may be onto something, if it stays then maybe was sent a review system.

I noticed on Twitter today that Si Bishop tweeted that he just platinumed Miles Morales on the PS5, which means he must have had one for a little while now. He doesn't strike me as the sort of person who would get one for review purposes (please don't judge me for thinking that), so...
I believe he writes for the gaming section of a national NZ newspaper, so...

The rules only say that all players must use a T-GT. I assume this means they have been sent out, because the alternative is that players without one and unable to buy one (which is everyone, as they're effectively unavailable right now) are not allowed to race.

It does say in the rules that Polyphony Digital has provided a face cam to everyone.

No stream, only broadcast. I originally said in the article that they would be streamed (so if you think you saw that, you aren't going mad!), but I was told later that they would be broadcast at a later date so I amended the article.

FYI guys Toyota GR Supra World finalists ARE NOT receiving a TGT steering wheel. How do I know? Because im one of them. I asked why this was the case they said "toyota doesn't require it". Huh? I thought this was a gran turismo/FIA competition. Stupid assumption on my part. Apparently they don't care about equality or parity when it comes to this particular series. How can they ensure a fair competition this way, I have no idea.

Honestly im a little pissed and bemused. It was bad enough missing out on the real world tour experience because of covid bs, now I find out all my efforts earned me was a free t-shirt when everyone else gets a TGT. How many different ways can I say the word cheap? If those guys get a PS5 too im gonna flip my lid lol.

Oh well. I just take my logitech driving force gt that I used to qualify with and just easily beat the other 20 fastest supra drivers in the world, no problem right ;) .

FYI guys Toyota GR Supra World finalists ARE NOT receiving a TGT steering wheel. How do I know? Because im one of them. I asked why this was the case they said "toyota doesn't require it". Huh? I thought this was a gran turismo/FIA competition. Stupid assumption on my part. Apparently they don't care about equality or parity when it comes to this particular series. How can they ensure a fair competition this way, I have no idea.

Honestly im a little pissed and bemused. It was bad enough missing out on the real world tour experience because of covid bs, now I find out all my efforts earned me was a free t-shirt when everyone else gets a TGT. How many different ways can I say the word cheap? If those guys get a PS5 too im gonna flip my lid lol.

Oh well. I just take my logitech driving force gt that I used to qualify with and just easily beat the other 20 fastest supra drivers in the world, no problem right ;) .

I hate to reply to my own post but I thought everyone deserved an update on this situation. The Business Development Manager for Gran Turismo (I wont share her name, but the gtplanet staff and world tour guys know her) stepped up for us Supra guys and got us the TGT. I politely requested this on behalf of all the Supra players. Big thanks to her for understanding, responding, and coming through.

I hate to reply to my own post but I thought everyone deserved an update on this situation. The Business Development Manager for Gran Turismo (I wont share her name, but the gtplanet staff and world tour guys know her) stepped up for us Supra guys and got us the TGT. I politely requested this on behalf of all the Supra players. Big thanks to her for understanding, responding, and coming through.

Nice! Way to make things happen

Edit: I'll take your old G29 if you're no longer needing it...

Last edited:
Last edited:
It's Sony's camera division.[/QUOTE] Thank it make sense now. When I try look up the brand logo name on the internet. I can’t find the brand website any where lol

Back