Gran Turismo Gentlemen's Cup -- Series finished: InsaneHurricane4 takes the title!Finished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 108 comments
Flip, my PS3 is requiring I download an update before I can log onto PSN. I will be joining the race as soon as it finishes. Sigh...

Flip, my PS3 is requiring I download an update before I can log onto PSN. I will be joining the race as soon as it finishes. Sigh...

Thanks for the heads up. I had to do the same not too long ago, shouldn't take that long, if memory serves.

Flip I had a chance to watch the sprint race from last night because I didn't know how we made contact. It looks like a racing deal but if you want to penalize me I would understand. Not intentional sorry. Good fun though. Insane ran me down from way back!! Indy next. I was just there two weeks ago and tool the complete tour. Good times.

Points after Round 2:

Ballast for Round 3

InsaneHurricane - +60kg (no change)
ScorpionPHVH57 - +60kg
ares118785 - +40kg (no change)
socalspeedfreak - +20kg
flip157 - 0kg (looses 20kg for no podium finish)

Oval race #1 is this week at Indy, so we will run the shortened schedule. There will only be one race, and the distance is set for 85 laps.

Practice is tonight at 11:30pm EST USA. See you guys this week!

Last edited:
Update Post

Points have been updated, and are in the post below. It was a good race at Indy, despite me running out of laps to catch socal, and the fact that I drove the car sideways to the halfway point because I took out the right front suspension on my own...

I would like to mention something about success ballast on the ovals. When I had come up with the race distance for the Indy race, I had intended for the race to be a one stop race, but still be on the longer side, which it was. However, I my running was in a car with no ballast. I had not considered that the extra ballast would effect the cars so much on the ovals that a one stop strategy was not possible. It wasn't my intent to have this happen, and had I known this, I would have added a few extra laps to force everyone to make 2 pit stops (it only would have been another 5 - ish laps).

I don't have the distance figured out for the next two ovals, but I am considering a look at the ballast rules. More so for the ovals than the road courses, because that seems to be okay. That being said, I am considering lifting ballast all together, because we aren't getting the numbers for this series. (the interest for this game is disappearing quickly). It's kind of silly that we're basically all on the same ballast number, so it almost makes no difference whether or not we have extra weight or not.

Wanted to discuss before I jump to a major conclusion. Service as usual resumes this week for Fuji!

Ballast Updates (at the moment)

insanehurricane4: +40 (-20 for no podium)
ScorpionPHVH57: +60 (no change)

flip157: +40
socalspeedfreak: +60
ares118785: +40 (no change)

Flip, my suggestion is that we just throw out the ballast on the oval tracks. Keep it for the road tracks. But I'm up for whatever.

Hey guys, I'm really sorry, but something has come up in my personal life. I will be unable to host tonight's event.

The Fuji race will be postponed to next week (May 12). I'll update the calendar on the first page when I am able to. Again, I'm real sorry about this.

Hey guys, I'm really sorry, but something has come up in my personal life. I will be unable to host tonight's event.

The Fuji race will be postponed to next week (May 12). I'll update the calendar on the first page when I am able to. Again, I'm real sorry about this.
No problem Flip! We'll see ya next week!

Normal service resumes this week with the Fuji rerun. Or I suppose it's not a rerun, because we never actually ran it...

Anyhow...
Practice lounge is now live!

Event finished! See everyone Thursdy!

Last edited:
Racing tonight at Fuji!

Just a quick thing I wanted to mention about track limits, because Fuji has a ton of run - off. Two tires on the red and white curbing and two tires on the green stuff is acceptable. All 4 tires on the green is not. Like in the picture below:

Yes, I know that pic has nothing to do with Camaros at Fuji, but this is the only picture I have that demostrate the point.
You will have to give back any advantage gained if you run really far off the circuit, either by lifting or readdressing a position (if gained by running off track).

That's all. See you tonight!

not on the pace at Fuji but always a good time with the group. nice win 2nr. I watched the battle on the map during the race and will look the replay over as well.

Flip if you could let us know the lap total for the ring it would be appreciated.

A few notes for the round at Motegi this week:

First off, all success ballast will not be in effect for this round after what we saw at the Indy race. Ballast will return next week.

Second, race distance will be 140 laps. That may seem like a big number... because it is, but the race distance at Indianapolis was 84 laps, which works out to a 210 mile race. 140 laps at Motegi also works out to be 210 miles. We're also looking at roughly 35 second lap times, so it should work out to about the same time. (video game logic FTW!)

Practice tonight, regular time. See you guys there!

Guys, I really hate to do this again, but I cannot host tomorrow night's event. :grumpy:

My plans for the week have changed literally overnight, and I will be in transit tomorrow, and out of state tomorrow night.
This should be the last time this happens going forward. I'm very sorry, we'll try again next week.

Alright, we're back in action this week. Hopefully... hopefully... hopefully that's it for any interruptions to the series.

Practice tonight as usual. See you guys there!

Practice lounge is now live!

Event finished! See everyone Thursday!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back