Gran Turismo Gentlemen's Cup -- Series finished: InsaneHurricane4 takes the title!Finished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 108 comments
sorry for not showing up. I thought the series was postponed.

p.s. I am not getting any alerts from this thread anymore, any ideas why?

wish you had been there Scorpion along with all the other gentlemen club members. good times thanks Flip!!:bowdown:

good times last night. the spin and win was very nerve racking! I guess watching all that nascar has paid off finally. good battle with Insane for the first quarter of the race. i want to apologize if i was a little aggressive Insane but on ovals rubbing is racing and the battle was so good.:mischievous:

on to the Monza!! :gtpflag:

wish you had been there Scorpion along with all the other gentlemen club members. good times thanks Flip!!:bowdown:

good times last night. the spin and win was very nerve racking! I guess watching all that nascar has paid off finally. good battle with Insane for the first quarter of the race. i want to apologize if i was a little aggressive Insane but on ovals rubbing is racing and the battle was so good.:mischievous:

on to the Monza!! :gtpflag:
It was a good race SoCal! You saved your tires well. My 3 stopper might have paid off if I hadn't run into pit wall on last stop. Great race though. Sorry I won't be there next week. Looks like Flip will take the points lead then.

p.s. I am not getting any alerts from this thread anymore, any ideas why?

Without taking a wild stab in the dark, not really. Site can be weird sometimes.

Points after Motegi

Ballast For Round 6 (based off of results from Round 4, the last road course race):

insanehurricane4: +60 (podium)
ScorpionPHVH57: +60 (no change)
flip157: +60 (podium)
socalspeedfreak: +40 (-20, no podium)
ares118785: +40 (no change)
VELOCI_2NR: +60 (win)

See you guys tonight for practice at Monza!

Few things for tonight's race at Monza.

First, I may have to drop out early on this one (hopefully, I don't). Because of this, I would like to start proceedings 5 mins. earlier than normal. So please try to make it on time.
And secondly, there may be a chance of rain. Make sure you have rain tires ready. Just in case. :D

See you guys tonight!

Room is now live!

Event postponed to June 9. See you guys next week!

Last edited:
Practice room is now live!

Event finished! See everyone Thursday!

Last edited:
had a chance to review the race last night and first think congrats to Flip for the win. my apologies to Insane for the contact which it seemed i got the worst of. at least i don't feel as bad due to Insane being low on fuel and having to make a second pit stop. and i guess my first tank slapper at the same corner should have given me damage so its a wash. that said i'm more pissed at my self for letting the win slip out of my grasp. with plenty of fuel and a pace decent enough all i had to do was be patient!!!! :banghead:

anyway always a pleasure with this group!!! On to Red Bull where i will be trying to redeem myself. :gtpflag:

sorry about the early exit, but I got bored running around the track all by myself, and did not feel like doing it for another 30 mins.

had a chance to review the race last night and first think congrats to Flip for the win. my apologies to Insane for the contact which it seemed i got the worst of. at least i don't feel as bad due to Insane being low on fuel and having to make a second pit stop. and i guess my first tank slapper at the same corner should have given me damage so its a wash. that said i'm more pissed at my self for letting the win slip out of my grasp. with plenty of fuel and a pace decent enough all i had to do was be patient!!!! :banghead:

anyway always a pleasure with this group!!! On to Red Bull where i will be trying to redeem myself. :gtpflag:
Yeah, I was amazed you didn't have damage on the first off you had. I braked too late at that same corner halfway through and destroyed my car. Lost 30 seconds getting back to the pits. It was a great race for all though--very close on the pace for all the drivers!

i'll have to watch it again. i'm not that quick so i need to hit my braking points spot on and i think in your draft at that turn i had too much speed. both times in that corner i had to try and avoid you with really no where to go. all good lets do it again at the Ring!!

Points Update!

Ballast For Round 7:

insanehurricane4: +60 (no change)
ScorpionPHVH57: +40 (-20)
flip157: +60 (no change)
socalspeedfreak: +60 (+20)
ares118785: +40 (no change)
VELOCI_2NR: +60 (no change)

**final week for success ballast, next week is considered an oval**

See you guys tonight for practice at the Red Bull Ring!

Sorry fellas, but won't be there tonight. I practiced for 3 hours last night for this race, so needless to say I'm a little disappointed. Hope it's a good race. I'm planning to be there next week for the final race.

Room is now live!

Event finished! See you guys next week for the season finale!

Last edited:
congrats to Scorp and Flip for the wins. not my best performance and sorry Flip for running into you race 1. there was so much smoke I could not see anything and just hoped that you had moved out of the way. Race 2 had decent pace but my long run stability was just not there. Also to be honest kinda boring with just a few participants. well one last event and maybe I can pull of the trifecta of oval type tracks!! :dopey:

Points after Round 7

I do have to say that was the closest race I've ever been a part of while hosting these. Scorpion and I were no further apart than about 3 seconds for the better part of an hour. Really epic stuff! And for two weeks in a row, I almost didn't put in enough fuel at the stop and ran the last lap on fumes...

Season finale this week! High Speed Ring, one race, no success ballast.
Laps: TBA very soon.
See you guys tomorrow for practice!

Back