Gran Turismo HD for PAL, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue in 2007, GT5 in 2008

• Thread starter amar212
  • 31 comments

amar212

GTSurgeons.com
Premium
Croatia
Croatia
After many days without any info, new details begin to surface.

As French site jeuxvideo.fr states, Gran Turismo HD will be available for download on the first day of european PS3 sales - 23rd March. We can expect the same demo as NTSC version. However, "FF issues" still remain to be examined :).

They allso say that SCE France informed them that Gran Tursimo 5 Prologue will come in autumn 2007, while GT5 will remain in 2008 margin - and they say "spring". Prologue's "autumn 2007" somehow corrensponds with PAL release of Forza 2, but that is probably purely a coincidence :D

SLIGHT UPDATE: Forza 2 has ben announced for May 2007 for PAL territories, so we'll have a chance to play it at the same time as out American NTSC buddies. Nice move from MS, and probably a nice game to play untill Prologue's release.

Notice this is first ever semi-official mentioning of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue game ever - and it says "with more cars and tracks, and Online duels for the first time". Nice. However, I find word "duel" very intresting, since "duel" often means two-players-at-once.

This way or another, nice news for all us PAL-erz here.

link: http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/gt-5-gt-hd-gt-gran-turismo-ps3-actu-69630.html

Fantastic news.I'll definetly be there in my area for the Midnight launch of the PS3. More cars and tracks and online play for later on....just what the doctor ordered.

Nice one Amar, once again, you are the man 👍

What do you think we can expect from a GT5 prologue? - full race fields? - online racing? - downloadable content? - full GT5 physics engine?

PS3 buy-ability factor just went up 👍 I know that getting one's hopes up over a seemingly 'forthcoming' release by Polyphony Digital may well be fool-hardy, but it's encouraging nonetheless... Very glad to hear that GT HD will be available immediately upon the release of the console, one of the few reasons to even consider pre-ordering a console IMO. GT5 Prologue would be a very welcome addition as well...👍

Once again thanks for the info Amar 👍 👍

Looking forward to GT5 Prologue!

After the GT mobile fiasco, im only getting a PS3 when i see GT5 prologue on the shop shelves. (or confirmed download) so that i know for sure im getting a GT game

I just read this this morning on my own. I believe a GT5 Prologue when I see it in the stores with my own two eyes.

I don't think we'll see it in the stores, ever. I bet it'll be a download game, only. Available in early Winter 2007.

Wow! I'm surprised nobody tried to rip PD about release dates. I think this gives PD PLENTY of time to sort out the kinks and add as many cars and tracks as possible. Once again, hats off to our good friend amar212.

If I would get a PS3 from europe and would like to play GT5 prologue(PAL version) on an U.S. HDTV with HDMI cable - would that work? Does anybody know? There is nothing on a release date for the U.S. !? And even if - it might be without FFB

Most likely to be downloadable content, I don't think we'll see it in stores.
Which is a bad thing for me because I have no idea how to dowload content for the PS3 nor what would be needed for online-play.

Which is a bad thing for me because I have no idea how to dowload content for the PS3 nor what would be needed for online-play.

Once you lay your hands on PS3, downloading is a simple - create your profile, sign-in to Network/Store and download. Once downloaded, go to "GAMES", pick a game and play it.

As for non-free games, you go to Shop, purchase them, download them and play them. Of course, you'll need a valid CC to do it.

For online play you need to have a PS3, valid personal player-account on PlayStation Network and DSL broadband connection.

Thanks for all the great work you do here Amar,we appreciate it.Every time I see a new thread from you my heart races hoping its more than likely some new info on our beloved series.

Once you lay your hands on PS3, downloading is a simple - create your profile, sign-in to Network/Store and download. Once downloaded, go to "GAMES", pick a game and play it.

As for non-free games, you go to Shop, purchase them, download them and play them. Of course, you'll need a valid CC to do it.

For online play you need to have a PS3, valid personal player-account on PlayStation Network and DSL broadband connection.

Thanks for that, but how can you sign in to a Network/Store and start downloading. Does it have in-built internet-connection?

Jebus, for the first time in my life I sound like a technical n00b. Not that I am, I just gave up following Sony's updated features because it got too damn complicated and everything seemed to always change the minute a PS3 info update was released.

You connect it to your interent connection wherever you are, the one your PC is on or whatever. you can connect it wired or wireless, that's upto you and what internet setup you have.

I have a new problem. I had already decided that I would only buy a PS3 to play either GT5 or EPR2 (if this one ever gets released), but not to play GT:HD.

Now, this GT5 Prologue news will probably change my mind ...

Thanks Amar, it's very kind of you to share the info you get :)

If I would get a PS3 from europe and would like to play GT5 prologue(PAL version) on an U.S. HDTV with HDMI cable - would that work? Does anybody know? There is nothing on a release date for the U.S. !? And even if - it might be without FFB
Dude, why would you wanna get a PS3 from Europe when you can simply got into the Sony Style store on Madison Ave. and get one easily from there? (If you live in NYC that is). Or just go to the nearest BestBuy.
Plus, I wouldn't trust the "Multi-Region" coding on the PS3.

---------------------
Excellent news Amar!, I'm pretty relieved that there's a chance I'll be playing more GT later this year.

Honestly, I was getting kinda bored of GTHD already :indiff:

Thanks Amar .. you're the man!
prologue is very tempting
hope we can see some teasing screens in upcoming E3

I'm looking most forward to online racing...fantastic news....lets just hope that the prologue edition is released in the states. Should be, seeing as GTHD is available here, and soon as a PAL. But time will tell.

Thanks for that, but how can you sign in to a Network/Store and start downloading. Does it have in-built internet-connection?

Jebus, for the first time in my life I sound like a technical n00b. Not that I am, I just gave up following Sony's updated features because it got too damn complicated and everything seemed to always change the minute a PS3 info update was released.

Setting everything up and downloading things are as easy as pie. When you get a PS3 you'll know.

Dude, why would you wanna get a PS3 from Europe when you can simply got into the Sony Style store on Madison Ave. and get one easily from there? (If you live in NYC that is). Or just go to the nearest BestBuy.
Plus, I wouldn't trust the "Multi-Region" coding on the PS3.

---------------------
Excellent news Amar!, I'm pretty relieved that there's a chance I'll be playing more GT later this year.

Honestly, I was getting kinda bored of GTHD already :indiff:

Sure dude, but mine doesn't support FFB yet - a PAL PS3 might.

I'd rep you if I could Amar. Yet another excellent post. PS3 is looking sweeter by the day.

Setting everything up and downloading things are as easy as pie. When you get a PS3 you'll know.

In otherwords, will I be able to configure the internet on my PS3 easily even though my Broadband modem is on the dead-opposite of the house?

Just found this thread, thanks again for the update, amar! :)

In otherwords, will I be able to configure the internet on my PS3 easily even though my Broadband modem is on the dead-opposite of the house?

get a really really long ethernet cable? (or usb, idk what the ps3s connections are) as far as getting conected it should be as simple as unpluging the cord from the back of your computer and pluging it into the back of the ps3. as for any system configuration after that i wouldnt know.

Or connect them at the same time via a router, like I have my XB360 connected.

Just one (not so) small UPDATE - Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will be released in October 2007, likely worldwide.

Consider this a step-to-being-official :).

Details still to emerge.

Back