gran turismo must make something like forza horizon

should gran turismo make a similar game like forza horizon

• Total voters
I think that gt must make a game like forza horizon because it is just an awesome game and it sucks that ps users can't play such game please do it!!!!!!

I'm sorry but I like having my moon simulation and driving simulations separate as is in GT6. 1:47 is the most "realistic" part of the video.

I remain surprised that they didn't use the standard cars for a Horizon-type game. The level of quality is about perfect, you could probably get twenty+ cars on screen at once (for all the traffic) AND have power left over for some pretty graphics.

I think it could have been pretty sweet, especially since they'd probably approach it in a different way from the "rock festival" atmosphere (which I admit to kind of enjoying, though it was cheesy). Fictional Pebble Beach-type event? Cool.

Fat chance of it ever happening though, PD have enough trouble getting numbered releases out the door without something like this on their plate. And I hardly see them handing it off to someone else.

I would say the closest thing to Horizon on PS3 is TDU2, there are some aspects of the TDU franchise that I feel are better than Horizon.

I continue to return to Horizon often. Love that game. Love the rally pack the most ! Cars look great, locked at 30 fps though but it doesnt bother me at all because they used motion blur correctly to mask it. Awesome wheel support for my Fanatec and top notch force feedback. Way better force feedback than Gt I am afraid. I wish the would improve the FF in GT. At least give us wheel users some options like damper, spring, curb effect strength etc..

I don't need two Horizon-esque series, just Horizon is fine by me.

If there were a Playstation equivalent, that'd be cool for the people who can't or don't want to buy multiple platforms, but I don't think Polyphony can afford to stretch their small team any thinner than they already are with the vast scope of the main GT entries.

but I don't think Polyphony can afford to stretch their small team any thinner than they already are with the vast scope of the main GT entries.
They could always do like Turn 10 did and farm it out to another company. I wouldn't mind a free-roam version of GT. I love Horizon over any version of Forza or GT because it's far less limiting. I can just get out there and drive and not worry about anything, so a similar game from GT would please me greatly.

I think that gt must make a game like forza horizon because it is just an awesome game and it sucks that ps users can't play such game please do it!!!!!!

Yes you can with Need for speed lol , ahahahhaha come on !!!!
Forza Horizon is the worst Forza OP lol , I enjoyed forza 2-3-4 and played forza horizon 1 days and sold it directly !!!
I don't like arcade !!!!

Definitely! I imagine it being set somewhere in Scandinavia or Japan, somewhere where's usually grey and monotonic, with our cars making the landscape alive. Mentioning landscape, PD might have some serious troubles if they continue to use their 2D trees...
url.jpg
urI.jpg

It still baffles me how no one can recognize the obvious Forza Motorsport 4 DNA in Horizon. By casting Horizon aside as "arcade" rubbish, they're effectively claiming FM4 is a few tweaks away from "arcade" rubbish.
Very well put Wolfe. To me with my Fanatec wheel it is not far off Forza 4. Their are a couple differences but it is massively different than anything NFS. And it's a lot of fun.:)

Yes you can with Need for speed lol , ahahahhaha come on !!!!
Forza Horizon is the worst Forza OP lol , I enjoyed forza 2-3-4 and played forza horizon 1 days and sold it directly !!!
I don't like arcade !!!!

You obviously played it wrong. Don't drive like a madman just because the game lets you drive over anything. In addition to what others have said, show me another free roam racing game that's more realistic than Horizon. Good luck. You'll need it. Horizon is in a league of its own and its a shame to see people put it down.

Last edited:
You obviously played it wrong. Don't drive like a madman just because the game lets you drive over anything. In addition to what others have said, show me another free roam racing game that's more realistic than Horizon. Good luck. You'll need it. Horizon is in a league of its own and its a shame to see people put it down.
As I told you i like simulation and not at all arcade games because I hate people who drive mad and don't use brakes ! This game is for children , real forza are for adults !

As I told you i like simulation and not at all arcade games because I hate people who drive mad and don't use brakes ! This game is for children , real forza are for adults !
I can't figure out why this is the first thing some people resort too. Calling someone a child's never going to get you anywhere. If you don't like Horizon say it once and then leave. I've played every Forza so far except #1. And I enjoyed Horizon as much as I enjoyed any of the rest. Different yes but still a lot of fun if you give it half a chance.

It does not need to be like horizon, it just needs a free roam map. Would be very good for police roleplaying, and just have some variety

Last edited:
I am not going to say Gran Turismo NEEDS a Horizon-type game, but it would be very cool. Without trying to do any self-marketing, it's something I think about in my racing game blog and wonder how it should all be executed for a GT-style Forza Horizon. All I can say is that it would be very cool to see a one-off GT in the style of Forza Horizon.

PD, the developers of GT, are incapable of making something like Horizon because PD are too dry, dull, and lifeless for that sort of product. They could make an open world in which one can drive with all the soul-lessness of Gran Turismo, but that wouldn't be like Horizon. Horizon is more than just an open map and cars driving around in it. PD making a game like Horizon would be like Congress throwing a wild party.

PD, the developers of GT, are incapable of making something like Horizon because PD are too dry, dull, and lifeless for that sort of product. They could make an open world in which one can drive with all the soul-lessness of Gran Turismo, but that wouldn't be like Horizon. Horizon is more than just an open map and cars driving around in it. PD making a game like Horizon would be like Congress throwing a wild party.
They could farm it out to Playground... 💡

Didn't this happen already? I heard that PD WAS approached with the idea of an open-world game and they turned it down. Thus, Driveclub was born...

Didn't this happen already? I heard that PD WAS approached with the idea of an open-world game and they turned it down. Thus, Driveclub was born...

Driveclub would be much more interesting with GT physics, but that's another story...
Gran Turismo claims to be a driving simulator...so open roads would be perfect. Too bad they turned it down.

Latest Posts

Back