Gran Turismo Sport 1.13 Update Now Available

These are HUGE additions to the SR system, many things we've been asking for here:

10. Sport Mode
 - The Sportsmanship Rating (SR) and penalty judgement algorithms have been improved;
 - In a collision between two cars, a penalty will now be added to the Driver Rating (DR) as well as incurring a Time Penalty depending on the situation;
 - If a driver continues to drive without complying with a certain amount of Time Penalty, additional time penalties will be added. (The additional penalty depends on the DR);
 - A driver may now be disqualified from a race if the number of collisions and shortcuts they accumulate becomes too great;
 - Cars over a lap behind will now be ghosted and will not be subject to collisions. (Only enabled in Sport mode);
 - It is now possible to submit grief reports for misconduct of other users.
Got to be the most important update to the game for me, good job PD :cheers:

Racing has many different faces, and all of them are, imho, racing. You don't like ovals, others do, you don't like muscle cars, others do, you don't like pick-ups, well, aparently some of us do. They do not really need some expert from europe/asia/americas to tell them what racing is. Because all you mentioned is racing from the point there are two opponents driving the same track in a competitive way.
I see your point and take it but by this token we could then throw literally anything in there and that would count towards racing, even trolley karts with a lawnmower engine :lol:

If we are talking quality though it seems people were more in line with my thinking judging by what I read also in this forum.

I am totally for variation of cars and tracks, but first they are still a long way to deliver on the core of the game with more (recent) sports cars and real life tracks

So i've been testing the infield layouts and I noticed something.... the end of T1 seems to have a bit of negative camber to it. anyone else feel it as well?

i1VTKmvnp4UgL.jpg

(O_O)

**HEAVY BREATHING INTENSIFIES**

I'm not gonna get over this for quite a while :eek:

I see PD is cultured by adding the V8 R8 over the inferior audighini V10 version

I laughed way more than I should at this :lol:

So i've been testing the infield layouts and I noticed something.... the end of T1 seems to have a bit of negative camber to it. anyone else feel it as well?
Bit tough to tell. It’s pretty flat, plus you have the banking on the right side so it may be a bit of an illusion. Lot of time to be gained or lost in that corner though and there are a few ways to take it. I really like the layout.

The penalties definitely seem harsher though and you need to bleed them off much quicker. Ghosting seemed to work more effectively in the few races I ran tonight as well.

Bit tough to tell. It’s pretty flat, plus you have the banking on the right side so it may be a bit of an illusion. Lot of time to be gained or lost in that corner though and there are a few ways to take it. I really like the layout.

The penalties definitely seem harsher though and you need to bleed them off much quicker. Ghosting seemed to work more effectively in the few races I ran tonight as well.

that's refreshing to hear. also the only reason I say it's off camber is due to how shaky the cars feel. it's almost as if it punishes you for riding the inside too long

The penalties definitely seem harsher though and you need to bleed them off much quicker.

That was in the patch notes, but how exactly did you know you had to bleed them off quicker? The patch notes made it seem like you'd get an additional DR ding if you didn't serve it immediately or something, but I did a practice lobby and didn't notice anything different except the flashing penalty.

Another solid update. Fair variety of cars, some new tracks to learn, more offline races to run, cleaned up the UI about, more scapes, they're addressing some of the online racing issues as well by the sounds of it.

Personally, I didn't give a poo about the Lotus - I'm not an F1 fan, I don't care about Senna particularly, and I probably wouldn't have bothered with it... so I actually prefer the way PD have done this... it means you can line up on the grid in a field of equal cars, but aren't supposed to be the same actual car. It kind of makes it seem more 'valid' than a grid full of an Aytrton Senna car, which will mean the liveries won't seem quite out of place.
.. plus, if they're doing open wheel with fake formula cars, it makes it easier to bring in a newer looking one too.

Great update with great cars. Looking most forward to buy the aventador My favorite lambo ever made. I was hoping for w new track but i will be fine of what we got. Hopefully we see a brand new track in march. They still bring awesome content each month and makeing the game so Much better

Given the amount of time it took them to deliver the game in its original state I doubt they can do both effectively.

But it makes you think that they can magically boost the creation of new locations by simply stop making the fast and easy work on creating new variations?

Here is what it boils down to: you can get maybe three new tracks per year, plus twenty new variations. Or you can get 3.1 new tracks per year and no new variations. Given the initial low track count, it's far better to sacrifice .1 tracks per year to make all those new variations.

Adding layouts is a cheap way of cutting corners here and there but doesn’t add much IMO.

Of course it's cheap. That's what makes it possible to do them so quickly. It doesn't add as much as an entirely new track, but it adds something at least. And since they are cheap, they don't limit the work on other tracks that much.

All tracks will become a compass with north south west and east and reverse.

And that's a bad thing, because...?

But it makes you think that they can magically boost the creation of new locations by simply stop making the fast and easy work on creating new variations?

Here is what it boils down to: you can get maybe three new tracks per year, plus twenty new variations. Or you can get 3.1 new tracks per year and no new variations. Given the initial low track count, it's far better to sacrifice .1 tracks per year to make all those new variations.

Of course it's cheap. That's what makes it possible to do them so quickly. It doesn't add as much as an entirely new track, but it adds something at least. And since they are cheap, they don't limit the work on other tracks that much.

And that's a bad thing, because...?

I don’t think I said it will make them faster, but if according to you it takes them close to no effort to make these variations then go for it.

I am a bit more sceptical that it takes them no time given the way they work and how slow they’ve been in these years.

It also tells me a lot that instead of focusing on actual tracks at release they have come up with all sorts of absurdities - the already discussed ovals and rally.

And to add these it took years and also considerable delay...

On the compass tracks I find personally absurd when in a lobby I have to check whether it’s north south west east or north reverse, east reverse etc... just for a few chopped corners.

Poor Magione has been cut in thousand pieces just to add track count when the original is just plain better

First quick test of the news 12 cars. I just can say congrats to the PD master tuner. In my opinion it´s a 1 man job. Al the cars are greats and showing their right behaviors according to their drive train , weight repartition and tires size , power also , the Falken BRZ is a real serial killer :lol:.
What makes me say it´s a one man job is the fact that all the cars handle very well but they don´t go very deep in the specific behaviors for each one , perhaps not enough time for this. Anyway , we have some good settings options to fine tune the way we want.

My top 5 :
MR2 GTS
Detomaso pantera
Aventador
F1500 T (a lot of paramters to play with for specific tunes)
WRX Isle of Man

Great job PD.

- Added some nice cars. Even a completely new car.
- All cars can be bought for only 2.7 million or 1.7 million without the Formula car which is cheat !
- Formula Car can be made own livery which will make nice races online
- Deep black was added !
- De Tomaso Pantera was wanted by many fans !
- DR has been changed upon long request for collisions
- SR is changed probably easier to get a clean race bonus nowu
- Blue Moon is nice with the indoor road
- Monza added to the circuit experience upon requests
- Always some nice undocumented changes

I can only say deep respect to PD for giving this all free. Of course new track would be welcome but they will come in the future. Free or not doesnt matter to me.

Last edited:
Back